Smoking &heart just pounded hard and fast

Discussion in 'Cannabis & Health' started by LeadCenobite, Feb 5, 2005.

1. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I made a waterpipe out of a 2 liter bottle and two pen tubes taped together with a bowl at the end. I used water as the liquid and smoked about 5 or 6 hits with my friend. I was all gigly for around 5 or 10 mintues but after walking around for a bit I started to get paranoid and my heart was racing. I had to make soup for my little brother and while I was doing this I started to feel really strange. I felt really un-relaxed and my eyes felt so weird. My ears felt all burny too. Then I started to seeblur and lots of flashy dotty things. I could hardly see. I really could see barely anything cuz of the flashyness. I made it to my bed and layed down where I got this buzzy noise and feeling..my head felt all buzzy. It was loud. It was similar to my other incident involving the pills but not as bad. I relaxed laying on my bed for around an hour. After that my friend came over and we went shopping. I was really giggly again and had fun in walmart. Even she was acting silly. Everything in the store was all spinny. I almost bought so many things on impulse. Lol my mom thought I was acting funny. I had the munchies really badly too. Anyways I just want to know if the burning feelings is normal. Also the eye thing. I got pretty freaked out but knew to relax..also nowI can read my computer without squinting meanwhile I have glasses. Wtf. Is that cuz weed is a medical drug. I swear everytime I get high and get burning feelings I feel great after. If someone could explain this to me, that would be cool...thanks.

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What you had is known over here as a 'Whitey'! You just got a little too stoned a little too quickly, possibly with a low blood sugar count before you started! Swim used to get this a lot, but seems to have grown out of it over the years - contributory factors used to be low blood sugar, over-tiredness, over-intoxication from dope, or alcohol on top of dope.

Being stoned around your parents is never a good idea, no matter how old you are, but especially when you stil live with them! Be careful kittling...

As for the eye thing, there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence at least to say that marijuana can be of benefit to people with visual problems, especially glaucoma, but also myopia. Jamaican fishermen have used it for years to improve their vision when night fishing, and I've come across reports in the past from people who are virtually totally blind who've had vast improvements in their vision from certain strains(couldn't say which), but this seems to be a very individual thing - some strains have worked and some haven't, so a bit of trial and error is called for.

3. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG]I am going through really tough stoner times right now cuz I have anxiety issues. Everytime I smoke pot now I get panic attacks and my heart acts like crazy. I waited a week scince my last time smoking cuz I thought that would help so I took it slow today and smoked 2 drags of my friends joint..I got almost instantly high and my heart started to race and hurt. [​IMG]Two drags is all it took for that! MY friend smoked way more then me and she was fine, its not fair..[​IMG]I wish there was a way to return to normal and be able to smoke herb again. I miss the good times. How can I get rid of this problem? I used to think pot was so harmless and now Im so scared to do it. This is not how weed should be viewed..I always thought it was a blast but now its just so unpleasent and painful. The doctor told me that pot causes anxiety and panic attacks..but wth noo this cant be happening to me!! Why me!! I used to jump at chances to smoke up but now i hesitate..its so cruel and horrible. I hope someone out there who is reading this will take time to help me out because I really dont know what to do. I think maybe I should just quit pot for good or give it up till I am 100% better. I really wish there was another way..but two drags..quitting for a week sure got my tolerance messed..maybe its cuz I used to do it everyday like 4 times a day or something.[​IMG]

4. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well if i were you i would quit for about a month. Ive also heard
    many times that a LOW dose of valium will even your high right
    out. Start takin some vitamins too if you quit, wouldnt hurt.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    That happened to me years ago when I was in H.S. I believe to this day I smoked some weed laced with PCP or something similar that started the whole problem.

Personally I found no solution but to give up the weed. Better for your lungs anyway, have a few brews instead. I got mild emphysema from years of smoking this & that, it's really good to give your lungs a break so you're not on an oxygen tank at 50.Edited by: Nicaine

6. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I would quit for an extended period of time (say, 2-3 months), or stop
    smoking entirely. If it ever gets real bad...go to a doc.
    Your heart is definately not something you wanna fuck over.

7. phukyoo

phukyoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This has never happend before, and I have been smoking for a little bit now...I have stopped for a long time, but Starting up slowly: I bought a bag of Blue Berry Nugget, andI toked half a bowl, it was a normal trip, the next time i smoked it, my heart rate increased very much, and my heart just pounded hard and fast, I got worried, very scared, so i tryed chilling myself, but it only got worse, I tryed drinking some OJ becuase that always does the trick for a trip disaster for me, but it did not end. It felt hard to breath, and I got cold and shivered, and twitched out like crazy for some fucked up reason. I knew that this was my body's effects not the MJ's becuase it never happend before on the same strain. Form that day, ever timeI would get high, my heart races, pounds hard, feel very cold till the peek end, my arms shacking, body twitching, jaw feeling warm and tinggling, and tinggling feeling is my left fingures, and I would only get ripped off the smallest amounts. This has been happeing with every strain, so I descided to stop till I find out some questions, till I NOT FEEL SCARED OF SPARKING UP THE BOWL AGAIN. Is this normal? How may I controle this? I tryed drinking tea, listneing to chilled music and breathing nicely, But apperently it did not work. I am in great shape, and I eat very healthy foods and get great excersize. Im healthy my doc says everything works great in your body. My question is: is it stress and anxiety from school thats causing it? I asked my freinds and they said "Never happend to me", whats wrong with me? I love pot, but I dont want to hate it liek i am starting too already. My heart goes crazy and it never did this again. It seems as if though I feel bad physically when im high on my heart becuase it beats fast as hell. Has anything ever happend liek this too them? What are you tips for me?

8. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You just had a bad experience, now each time you smoke it your expecting it. It's all psychological and nothing to worry about.
    It could be caused by the stress from school, but in my opinion it's down to the previous bad experience.

When you smoke it, tell yourself it's only a drug, and it can't do nothing to hurt you, it's all in your mind ect.. Or maybe just give it a break until the stress from school goes.

9. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sounds to me like you had a panic attack.

As for the problem of it reoccuring, its either all in your head and you have to teach yourself otherwise, or you could have some sort of anxiety problem, in which case a prescribed benzo might do the trick.Edited by: bcStoner420

10. phukyoo

phukyoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What about the super fast heart rate? And lowered body temperature? I canot controle this, even though i am not paranoid or anything, it just goes away with the high...Ieven said "hey its all good nothing is gonna happen", still the shit keeps happening. Last trip was just insane, i was smoking a bow lof schwags throug ha water bong, and i was looking out for cars n shit, and forgot i had it still burning and buidling up the smoke, i inhaled half of the bowl in one hit, let out 3 coughs, each cough exhaling a large amount of smoke, after that i coguhed till my back hurt, and i couldnt breath, i was like oh shit! im gonna die of no air intake! but it was all chill till 1 minute later the high creeped up on me, i was so mind raped, and my heart it was like dum dum dum dum, like i could see my shirt rising up and down! My jaw? it was tingling..What? 15 minutes later I had a blanket over me, i was shivering for a good 20 minutes. whats going on here? Yeah i guess you are right about the mental thing, how its a reacurring bad trip, but i already said to myself it wont happen, but hell, it happend again. Is there a chemical reaction that anyone knows that happens when im having these effects? Thanks for a quick goodreplies!!

11. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Fast heart rate is a symptom of panic attack, and this "shivering" or shaking is also one. And telling yourself its all good is only the first step in actually convincing yourself, you have to KNOW 100% your cool, not just think it. As far as i know ther are no chemical reactions that would do these, this sounds like a classic panic attack (well aclassic severe one)and your brain has linked it to the pot to a point where it reoccurs.

Anyway hopefully you can figure it out and get back to enjoying yourself. Edited by: bcStoner420

12. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Your heart beating fast is common... Lots of people people I know get this at some point in the high. I think this could have something to do with strains e.g. Indica, Sativa, Because I sometimes find this, and sometimes I dont.

I don't get the "fear" with Marijuana no more, but I have before andwhen I did, I found laying down in bed for a while to cool off helped out a lot. You should try it.

13. Rivet_Head

Rivet_Head Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Try smoking VERY low amounts for a while, see how you feel. Something like this happened to me a couple of times, but it turns out im just a very big lightweight.

14. phukyoo

phukyoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I thank you all greatly.

15. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    There have been others which report simular situations in this forum. Use the search engine to find them. I would stop smoking bowls and try a small splif. Edited by: Alfa

16. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This happens to me every time I smoke, but I'm so addicted to it that I do it anyway. It's usually worse for me though. I have all that you mentioned along with paranoia for the first hour+ and when it's really bad, which isn't all that frequent, I have schizo symptoms. For a little while I'll become a little kid: I can hear the little kid's voice, and I know what's going on, but it's like I'm underneath and can't get out of...myself. Yeah it's weird. The little kid is me by the way, a younger version of myself. It's some SCARY shit but it's the price I have to pay.

I sure fucking wish there was something to make it stop. Someone mentioned a benzo? I tried taking some xanax before smoking once, but it didn't work. [​IMG]

17. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It is a panic attack. I used to get panic attacks frequently after smoking, and still will every once in a while. I think a lot of people experience stress and use marijuana as a type of "cure". However, sometimes all the mj will do is make you focus on your stress even more so than before. I suggest you stop smoking until your stress levels decrease somewhat, if not entirely.

18. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If it's a panic attack, why can it get to the schizo point? Because the same thing that happens to the original poster happens to me, but like I said, it can also get a lot worse.

19. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Weed canmake you giggle over lotsover stupid things(just likea kid), it probably makes you remember past memories as a kid. it is very dreamy to,so you can concerntrate on something (being a kid).

Once again, your heart beating fast is NOT a panic attack. If you find yourself walking up and down your room panicking, racing thoughts of something bad happening to you, thats a panic attack.

Being a bit paranoid is sometimes the price you pay for smoking it, and is often unavoidable. You just have to live with it. The more you expect to be paranoid, the more often you will get paranoid, so just enjoy it and if you do get paranoid, remember it's ONLY the drug.

Once you have a bit of experience with it, and learn to deal with the negative effects, it is great for a stressful day at work. Itcan make you think about the problem more clearly, and instead of making it a "problem", makes it more of a fun "task".Edited by: thegod1

20. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know, I think what happens to me is more serious than that, thegod1. You have to see it to understand I guess.