Smoking heroin is no pleasure for me

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Freak_, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I smoked H 3 times in 3 years now (only chasing the dragon 'cause he don't wants to stick a needle in his arm) and everytime he thinks never ever again. Last time I smoked ~0.3 gram in 24h. It feels to SWIM like being almost sick. Sometimes he thinks he is going to puke but this didn't happen. Like seasick. It makes the whole body itch, terrible. Sleeping is impossible for SWIM, he wakes up every 1 or 2 hours. Waking up in the morning is also terrible. He can't use H for getting to sleep like he does with some beer or thc. There was only little euphoria if I believe to it, he stood up and moved a bit and felt good but then he must lay down. Sometimes my voice is another, its deeper in tone as he knows this from H users but this is controllable for SWIM.
    The only thing SWIM liked is the taste ;-) yes, he likes the taste when smoking.
    I ask myself how there are so many addicts to this? This isn't fun for SWIM!
    Even when he takes it 2 days in a row its no pleasure. Some People saying the hard drugs getting to make fun even when its too late. I had for luck no withdrawal effects after taking it 2 days. He is very carefully as he heard withdrawal effects begin after taking 3 days in row.
    The only possibility to use this in a normal day routine is in my opinion, in prison/jail when nothing to with himself and can be laying around.
    so this shouldn't be any attack to some users...perhaps its simply not my favourite drug, uppers are more his choice then downers.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Everyone has their drug type of choice, H may be said by some lab rats to be their favorite drug, but due to individual differences in drug preference, neurobiology, etc., some rats simply do not prefer H.

I have heard from some lab rats who enjoy many opiates, but feel the exact same way as You does when they smoke heroin. So You is definitely not alone.

3. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree that everyone has a drug or class of drugs, i.e., uppers or downers, that suits ones body better. But given time, I think that once someone has become an addict on one kind, it is easy to slip to the other kind. You has tried it 3 times in 3 years, and while that seems like great self-control, it also seems that his curiousity hasn't ended. I took a while to get his body used to H, and often got sick a lot in the begining, but he kept at it, and eventually became an addict. not so nice!

SWIms advice is if you can hold off a year on doing it, just give up all ideas about doing it again, ever! b/c one time your mood is going to be different, or some kind of change in your body or lifestyle, and then you will ease into an addiction. esp. if you think you can handle it b/c you tried it a few times and were able to put it down..

4. waldo_one22

waldo_one22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Re: Smoking Heroin is no pleasure for SWIM

Take uppers for as long as I did and then all of a sudden........H becomes very attractive.

It was the only was for SWIM to end his session on cocaine,crack and then it almost ended SWIM.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2006
  5. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.

I have found smoking H preferable to IV due to the health issues involved with IV and for the fact I has hammered every vein he has and is now suffering the consequences, but it does take some getting used to the taste and the horrible coughing fits in the morning(my poor lungs).

6. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:

Interesting, waldo, thats not the first case SWIM's heard of someone inadvertantly getting hooked on opiates because they used them to come down off of uppers. Its something to watch out for that just kind of slips into someone's life without them thinking about it, caution must always be used with any drug, even when theyre used as comedown tools!

7. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Now it is a pleasure for SWIM!

Now, one Year later. I was a junky. He got physically addicted after dayly use for 2 or 3 months. Last month only I.V. use. He has done his 2. Cold Turkey, is now on 7. day without H or other medication, still has withdrawal symptoms and hopes he will never try H again. SWIM can't control this evil drug.....
    But It was more or less my intention to get aaddicted. he wanted to feel withdrawal once. Knowing what they are talking about when they talked about turkey and cold turkeys.

8. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

I find this very interesing. years ago I did not enjoy any downers and did coke all the time. I finally started doing it every day. then I finally got burnt out on it. he no longer enjoyed the effects. then swim tried vicodin and enjoyed it more than he had ever enjoyed anything. it escalated over a couple of years to I.V. heroin use every day. now swim like shooting both cocaine and heroin at the same time mainly because he can get an AMAZING cocaine high and no come down from heroin. but swim enjoys both highs about as much as other. anyways just wanted to say swim knows how You feels.

9. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

And this with Age 19.....

10. alessio_3

alessio_3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o

yup, I agree, smoking the brown one, via cigarette or chasing, only gives a small degree of pleasure, and the vomiting and sickness are pretty intense. the second problem would be that it costs a lot more, since you have to smoke twice the quantity you could inject. Needles up:)