1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Rehab - Smoking heroin while on methadone programme

Discussion in 'Opiate addiction' started by TagWag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TagWag

TagWag Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hi

Have just found out my brother is smoking heroin while on a methadone programme, is it dangerous, could he overdose?

2. Cannabisonly

Cannabisonly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Why does he smoke again in the first place!?

I'm not an expert but I don't think it's dangerous as you don't build tolerance to heroin but to opiates, he should take half of the two substances or quit using one of them, both would be better of course...

3. andylondon1981

andylondon1981 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    my pet goat personally takes suboxone but he knows many people who take both methadone and heroin, i kinda understand why people take methadaone if they cant afford their habit and mix the 2 but i really cant understand why people CHOOSE to go on methadone to actually try and come off heroin because being addicts the tempatation will always be there to use. With Suboxone you have a blocker (naltraxone) mixed with it making you think twice if you fancy using heroin and im sure you all know that heroin and naltraxone dont mix to well together......

Tags: