1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking hydromorphone

Discussion in 'Hydromorphone' started by twhale, Jun 1, 2010.

1. twhale

twhale Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can swim smoke hydromorphone? I ask because swim smoked oxys for the first time today and now swim wants to try hydromorphones becuase swim has lots and wants fast acting intense effects

twhale added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

btw, swim has no tolerance with opiates as swim has only done oxys once before today and hydromorphones once before today

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. ChiselD

ChiselD Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My cat has never tried smoking D's, but he's quite familiar to bangin his dope. He advises that heat kills opiates, and that hydromorphone in particular is very sensitive to heat...SWIMs first encounter with IV'ing hydromorphone, his friend told him to heat the solution, and when it came time for the rush, there was NONE! HEAT KILLS this drug to my cats experience, so not sure how good it would be to smoke...at least MAYBE vaporizing the material could yield some pleasant effects, but if your friend don't bang, then stick to another opiate that would work better(H, oxy) for your route of admin.

3. Sublimaze

Sublimaze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^ bs the heat from heating the spoon did not fuck up the shot. Lots of people around here heat their dilly shots. Lots dont. Both get wrecked.

4. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Maybe they don't heat their shots enough to destroy all of the effects.

Heat *IS* bad for opiates, and heat *IS* bad for hydromorphone in particular.

Girlie used to set up 6mg (from 2mg tablets), heat it to try to get it to come into the water better, or whatever she used to think it would do, filter & bang it and wonder where the rush went. Leading to attempt ever larger doses, continuing to heat them and being disappointed and basically wasting MONTHS worth of prescriptions that way.

When out of frustration, one day she just loaded 4mg in the cooker & didn't heat it, and got a rush so strong she thought she'd puke. Continuing trials of cold shots gave the same results.

Researched online, found many, MANY, MANY people agreed.

It's not bullshit. But of course, everyone's free to do as they'd like. :)

~Kailey

5. RaoulDuke32

RaoulDuke32 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    well assuming this guy in question smoked oxys, he probably knows it has to be freebased. hydromorphone kind of can be freebased. my friend thinks so, swim thinks its a waste of time and drugs.

6. duhduhduhda

duhduhduhda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    this just sounds pointless
    swim has seen people waste their dilly's this way
    and it never fails to piss him off
    if swiyou don't IV hydromorphone then don't bother with it
    the only good thing about hydromorphone is the rush really
    oxy's will stick with swiyou longer and satisfy more than hydromorph will when ingested in this way

7. Neznam

Neznam Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Heating totally destroys hydromorphone shots (IV) so im pretty sure smoking will do the same.
    Snorting them got Nez's Mask pretty high, so if one isnt going to IV them, dont bother smoking and snort... or just stick to smoking OC's.

8. ChiselD

ChiselD Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If your not gonna be bangin these...my cat suggests the next best thing, shove it where the sun don't shine! Granted you know what your doing, and don't just shove the whole pill up there lol

9. Piglet

Piglet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Hydromorphone is usually in the form of it's hydrochloride salt - heating salts tends to screw the amine. If SWIM were to base the salt with Na2CO3 or such, then the freebase would be arrived at - with a lower BP. Of course, to truly smoke it, the phenolic 3 position needs protecting. If SWIM reacts the freebase with acetic anhydride or acetyl chloride/bromide, then acetyl hydromorphone is the result (actually, it's a diacetyl, but no need to make things complex) has a very low BP indeed & smokes just like SE Asian smoking heroin...

10. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    For SOME weird reason OC's seem to burn just like H. Burns and runs very clean. SWIM was with a friend when he tried to smoke Hydrocodone (GROSSS) the pill is SOO huge and it was only a 5mg so it was rediculous haha.

Anyways it didnt run down the foil like OCs, it just stuck to the foil, became all crisp and gross. SWIM imagines hydromorphone would do the same, it just wouldnt run like an OC would.

If SWIM was in SWIY's shoes he would just snort it and kick back.

11. scottd420

scottd420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think you meant Na2HCO3, baking soda, sodium bicarbonate...
    What do you mean by the 3 position needs to be protected? You think it needs to be methylated like the codones? If one methylated 3 one would have hydrocodone. I don't see how that protects it from heat if it attacks the amine like you said? If so it would end up breaking the pyridine ring and fucking the whole molecule, it would no longer be active. A methyl group on the N (amine) is what makes it active; the longer that chain is, the less active it is, and at a point it becomes an antagonist, or partial agonist. Look at the struction of bupe and naltrexone.
    The small amount of base you would get would be insanely hard to work with on a molar level. Say you have 4.00mg of salt multiply it by the base-conversion factor which I believe is 0.89 for hydromorph. If you calculated it you would find 3.56mg of base. That's like a couple grains of sand.
    As for the acetic anhydride you would get 3-acetyldihydromorphinone maaybe if you know what you're doing. Since it's a saturated ketone, I doubt the AA would break the double-bonded oxygen.
    Also, I'm curious, where did you hear of reacting with with acetyl Cl, Br? If anything, I'd think those would hydrolize in the solution and turn back into acetic acid and HCl/HBr. I couldn't see it reacting. Do you have a formula for it?

12. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Scott, just a note; if you notice under Piglet's name, his member level is "banned". So he won't be able to come back & answer your questions personally. With luck, someone else will be able to continue the conversation with you, though!

~Kailey

13. scottd420

scottd420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh, look at me, I am so smart, S, M, R, T!

Thank you Kailey, that is very nice of you to point it out. I'm from Bluelight, and those guys would have torn me a new one. Thanks dear.
    Sorry for bumping the thread with this guys.

14. skyguy

skyguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello. This is my first post here and I would like to start off by sharing how great I think this forum is. I have been reading many of the threads and it is a breath Of fresh air to be able to read intelligent conversations regarding a subject that in other forums always seems to degenerate into incoherent ramblings. I am happy to be a part of this forum, I find the content generated by the various members to be insightful and enlightening.

I am uncertain however if the conclusion I should draw from this thread is that hydromorphone can, Or can not be smoked. Piglet apparently had some insight into this question but as he is now banned, the answer is still up in the air. I am not a chemist and Don't really understand the molecular properties of hydromorphone. Is it possible to free base it with backing soda? I know that many other opiates can be smoked, such as opium, fentanyl, heroin and oxy's. Is hydromorphone
    Different somehow? If anyone would like to take the time to educate me in the basics of chemistry I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks.