Smoking - Smoking Kava-Kava

Discussion in 'Kava-Kava' started by Bajeda, May 17, 2007.

1. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does anyone have experience with smoking Kava Kava? I'd heard of this method of consumption being used before, but now I've found that some people have made extracts for smoking with good effects.

It sounds a bit crazy, yet intriguing.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Remember Baj:

There are also people who swear smoking blotter-acid and peyote-roots gets 'em wasted, dood.

Just before the men-in-white-coats catch up with 'em.

3. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Indeed, though the reports of people achieving effects through smoked Kava are better documented and less looney than the stories you are referring to. Still, if no one else can comment on this swim may just have to run a little experiment sometime and see for himself.

4. PoolShark1184

PoolShark1184 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have tried smoking regular ground kava root with some effect. The taste is similar to burnt rubber, not very pleasant, but there are definite effects. As said in that first account the effects are more mental, but SWIM's own opinion is it is not worth it or better than making a brew. Smoking an extract might be interesting, however I haven't gotten up the ambition to make such a thing, since he is extremely content with the traditional method. Not to mention smoking is bad, mmmmkay?

5. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    From the Erowid reports, I am of the opinion( not yet verified by own research) that when one does an extraction, the net result is a smokable substance that renders decent effects for pennies a dosage unit...something to consider in these economic times eh;) ---------sal

6. f12button

f12button Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In SWIM's experience, smoking Kava Kava does work -- even more so than drinking the tea. The only problem is the way it burns.

I did not experience any "high" feeling, just a general feeling of relaxation. SWIM's girlfriend got extremely giddy and thought she was high, but she's not so experienced with any sort of drugs. It's possible.

7. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What form of Kava did You smoke in that instance?

8. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM gave a powder capsule from my bottle to a friend of him. A few days later, the friend told SWIM that he has been smoking it on marijuana and it's be improving the high. I was skeptical, but they tried it together a few hours later, and SWIM somewhat agreed. On the other hand, the smoke is a little harsh, and smoking powder isn't too great. I would suggest trying it.

I have also tried blowing kava once, and his nose felt like it was on fire :). Don't try that.

9. Psychonautica

Psychonautica Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim recently did a 99% iso extraction of kava root powder with a friend and after evaporation, vaporized the remaining light brown pasty goo in a light bulb.

It had definite effects, slight visual distortions, swim began to sweat lightly and her mind had the racing feeling of cocaine, but her body was relaxed and she felt physically relaxed sedated. Also, smoking it made swim's mouth very entertainingly numb.

Swim thinks that smoking kava was fun and interesting, mostly because of the varied effects. But she feels that the tea is much better and will stick with that for any further kava experiences.

10. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I got an extract from the store that has 400mg kava per 30 drops(72 doses per bottle)and put 10 drops on a bowl of mj let it sit so the alcohol would evap and smoked the bowl half way then added 15-20 more drops and smoked the rest. I was messed up.the bud he was smoking was a high sativa and gave him a cerebral high with little body effects but the kava made it into the most stoney indica he has ever smoked.all of swims limbs felt like they were filled with lead.his vison when he moved his head was in frames,not as bad as dxm vision but it was there.DEFINATLY doing this again!!!!!:smoking:

11. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWAT smoked a bowl of kava kava. It was nice, just want mooooore. The next step is to get the 98% kavalactones and sprinkle that on something! TAKE IT TO THE MAX BABY! whill report that one.. is there such thing as a kava overdose, how much root would kll

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  12. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Please keep in mind that this is a relatively unexplored area of research, and as such you should exhibit caution with any experimentation, particularly as smoking Kava seems to induce a more intense experience but seems likely to come with increased risks as well.

13. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I should add that he experinced chest pains after this,just a couple pangs in his chest so he took some asprin.never happened to him before even on 120mg oral amphetamine w/ no tolerance

14. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A certain bunny smoked some small quantities of Kava root powder mixed in with tobacco and a little kief recently, as cannabis wasn't readily available ane he felt like smoking something. The bunny had drank a bit but found that after smoking the little Kava joint his head felt remarkably clear and focused and he noticed much more prominent psychoactive effects than he would have from a beverage.

This definitely is an area of research the bunny would like to explore further in the future.

15. wOrship

wOrship Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    There is an online vendor that swim cannot name obviously that is selling a kava preperation specifically intended for smoking, I has not yet tried this but being a bit of a kavafiend anyway he is very tempted.....

The only thing worrying swim about this is as well as an extract the package contains kava leaves - we all know consuming parts of the plant other than the root in a brew is bad, stems etc. but what about smoking the leaves?

Any thoughts?

W

16. spatchcock86

spatchcock86 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, U.S.A.
    I recently ordered some 84% kavalactone paste. Upon it's arrival SWIM placed two pea sized servings in a glass of OJ as stated on the container. Within 30 minutes I felt a warm tingling sensation in the arms, legs and back. This was accompanied with a feeling of relaxation in the muscles and a general sense of calm and clarity. An hour or so later SWIM noticed the effect beginning to ware off. SWIM remembered reading reports of Kava being active when smoked, so decided to give it a go . 1/4 of the pea sized serving was placed in a lung (the homemade bong kind) and smoked. I was not expecting much, if anything at all. I was just curious to A) see if it burned and B) how bad it tasted. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was in fact stronger at only a fraction of the previous dose. I was in a blissful state of relaxation for around 20 mins before the effects started to ware off. SWIM also noticed mild colour intensification. I will most definitely be trying this again, with added MJ to the mix.

17. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    With combined oral and smoked doses, it is hard to say what effect came from which kavalactone dose. I find your report a very interesting indication, but it would be more objective to read how you's coming experiment with smoked kavalactone paste turns out. it would be very nice if You would measure the smoked dose(s) in that experiment.

18. FEIERSALAMANDER

FEIERSALAMANDER Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    for a while I bought kavapills in the pharmacy with 120mg active ingredient(highest dosage one can get) and took first only one, later five(and more) but he canĀ“t felt something. I think he shall try to smoke the liquid extract(after drying) inside the pills. surely I will refer you the outcomes:)

19. mike7707

mike7707 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Regular kava root, in my experience is really not strong enough to be smokable. Pehaps a good extract could be, but kava root for the most part has a dosage best measuered in grams and not all of the kavalactones are water soluable. Thus the best way to use kava is to grind it up and eat it by the spoonful.

20. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah an alcoholic tincture of the powdered root works very well when put on a smokeable substance then evaporated. cannabis is swim personal fav.