Smoking - Smoking Magic Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Dopamine, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Ne one kno if smoking mushrooms is effective at all, if so good /bad?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Yes, it is effective and bad. It's hard to find data on how bad, but by heating shrooms, totally different substances are created. It is common to get flashbacks after smoking shrooms, which is uncommon after eating them.

Alfa

3. trident.

trident. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've smoked them before. i was already high on shrooms so i didn't really notice anything.. we just had some pixie dust at the bottom of the bag and decided to give it a smoke.. is it true if you get it in your eyes it can blind you?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    No, it won't blind you when it comes into your eyes.

Alfa

5. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If that's the case, I should have been blinded a long long long time ago.

BA

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ya i heard that blind thing was juss a myth

7. 2pacc

2pacc Guest

Reputation Points:
    how do you get shrooms in your eyes ?:p

8. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the smoke you DA 2pacc, yeah I never noticed much effect from somking them + the smoke is pretty gross tasting and you'd have to smoke a hell of a lot (iethe same amount you would eat - 2 grams...) to get effects.

9. chronichick

chronichick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    eww... that sounds gross...

i love my shrooms just the way they are.. EAT EM UP! (they do taste pretty gross tho, i'll give ya that... i heard if you put em in a bigmac you cant taste em at all... i've never done it tho, cuz if im throwin em on somethin its gonna be pizza)

10. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    if you want them to hit you faster and not last quite as long, boil them up in Tea!

11. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You are wasting your time trying to smoke them. Heat kills the magic. So soes boiling them to make tea. You have to steep them in water 110 degress, or your tossing good mushrooms into the trash. If you dont like the taste of them, dry them, grind them up, and put them in capsules.

~Dia

12. telefone

telefone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    whoa good idea Dia !!

13. OneDiaDem

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A little sidenote on making capsules.......When you eat mushrooms, come on time is approximatly 15 minuites. Depending on the capsules used, it could take up to three hours. So, plan your trip accordingly. Dont wait until midnite to eat your capsules, lol.

~Dia

14. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I think it is definitly a waste to smoke them....I dont think it really does anything except taste like shit....

haha funny story, last night actually one of my friends was packing a bowl in the car at night not realizing he was packing shrooms, he was like ewww....my headi's taste nasty...then realized it was the wrong bag!

15. ibbjamin

ibbjamin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just eat them

16. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Do to doing some reading, I always thought too much heat would kill the psylocibin, but after recieving some advice from a veteran (and also having the most intense god-like trip of my life), I must argue that boiling the shrooms for about half an hour produces fantastic results.

17. OneDiaDem

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If it worked for you, thats great! I did some testing of my own, with boiling, steeping, and eating from the same batch, same growth parameters. Boiling them seemed to lessen or reduce the visuals I got. LOL, just go with whatever works for you and you cant go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  18. sadistic_juggal

sadistic_juggal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    na i neva got nythn from smokin em sept thiz ppast friday i got n eith theze odd onez i neva cn b4 and i smoked tha lil paticlez n shit it got me high quicker and more light but i still had to wait bought 25 minz for tha onez i ate to kick in and it made my pupilez dialte wit tha quickness

19. ThaNewJimJones

ThaNewJimJones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what do u do when u boiling them? how long and do u still eat them or drink the water and toss the shrooms?

20. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    First chop them up real fine, then boil them (or if your in the heat kills camp, then keep the water real hot just below boiling) for about half an hour (throw a little vitamin C in the water to increase solubility); really you just need to drink the liquid (recommend adding tea or something else to get rid of awful taste) but you can also eat the 'slimies' for a little extra kick.