smoking mescaline

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by dr ACE, Oct 20, 2004.

1. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have heard or people smoking mescaline but never tried, is it possible?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  2. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    as far as i am aware, no. but there may be a method i am not yet familliar with.

3. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    could work with the vapourizer things

4. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine tried smoking the freebase he obtained during a cacti extraction and noticed definite effects.

5. aMorphius

aMorphius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would guess that this would be a highly inefficient and unhealthy way to
    get into the zone since the usual dose of mescaline is about half a gram.
    Smoking even a part of that dose could put a real hurt on your lungs and
    throat. Not to mention the amount of carbon monoxide that would be
    produced from burning half a gram of alkaloid and huffing it down.
    Just my opinion.

6. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    61 y/o
    Mescaline almost always comes in one of its
    salt forms. </span>Swim’s guess is that you
    would need to convert it to the freebase form in order to smoke it. </span>However, I have heard that mescaline in its
    freebase form is a rather caustic oil.
    </span>As well the freebase reacts with carbon dioxide in the air to form mescaline
    carbonate such that you are unlikely to keep your mescaline as a freebase for
    long.</span>

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    transit,

Wouldn't Mescaline carbonate also be a smokeable form? As long as it isn't in a sulfate of hydrochloride form?

8. Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Freebase mescaline is recrystalized in MEK to make it smokable.

9. machine_elf

machine_elf Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    what about tar?

10. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What's the point? If you want to smoke to get mescaline you might as well smoke cacti (not sure whether it would get you high though). If mescaline is already in chemical point what difference does it make? It would be like smoking THC after it was extracted from cannabis.

11. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    An active dose of San Pedro is about 30 grams. That's a little much to be smoking, its more than 50 bowls. Even if You gets Peyote, which is controlled, you're talking about 12 grams, or 20 bowls or so. And I'm sure cactus smoke is pretty damn harsh.

12. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Isnt mesc sensitive to heat?
    Actually, ignore me. I was thinking of LSA. Of course mesc is not sensitive to heat as you boil down cacti. doh.

Its a lot of work to get enough material boiled down to a smokable amount, in fact smoking it would be a waste after all your hard work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  13. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    ...as in hash oil? yeah, who in their right mind would smoke that?

Wouldn't smoking mescaline have the same dangers as smoking 2c-x chemicals? I know those can be very painfull and damaging to smoke, and have much more body load with that methode. Dont they also break down into horrible lung eating chemicals of doom when they burn?
    Sounds like it would be a very painfull venture, that probably wont be all that rewarding, as it would only cut down the time taken for it to enter your bloodstream, and I think it would take just as much time, or, at best, knock 30 minutes off the wait as it dosnt need to pass thru your tummy lining or a gelcap.
    I know that on psychedelics I have had lung issues quite often, and I think that any type of lung pain would greatly reduce his enjoyment of mescaline...
    I wouldnt try it, especialy considering the probable required dose for effectivness...

14. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Swim idoes not think mescaline is active when smoked. It is very similar to LSD in chemical structure and LSD is certainly not active when smoked. Intense heat just destroys the chemical if You remembers correctly.

15. CRUNK

CRUNK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just eat it. Yeah you can probably smoke it, but why risk lessening the high by burning it, or having that harsh smoke in the back of your thoat when you can just swallow a capsle and be done with it?

16. machine_elf

machine_elf Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well the idea was to ponentiate it, resulting in less material requires, fater onset and more intense experience.

17. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Mescaline cannot be smoked.

18. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
  19. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    That being said, and if it was not seen the first time: "Phenethylamines are not meant to be smoked, mescaline a phenethylamine, and should not be smoked, period." - CLOSED.

20. theweaver

theweaver Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    In light of all the information provided in this thread, it seems that there must have been some misconception. The reason for bumping is this very interesting question.

• Harmine and beta carbolines can be smoked/vaporised, requiring a dose 10 times less than if eaten.

• DMT and it's analogues can be smoked/vaporised, requiring *again* a dose 10 times less than if eaten with MAOIs.

• THC, the same, less amount for smoking, bigger for eating.

• MDMA can be smoked/vaporised (numerous anectodal reports including a few formal studies on pharmacokinetics where the route of administration were the lungs), requiring a dose 10 or more times less than if eaten.
    By pure deductionism:
    MDMA is a phenethylamine and can be smoked, so we cannot claim that "Phenethylamines cannot" or "are not meant to be smoked".
    On the same note, psilocybin is not meant to be smoked but eaten, yet it is a tryptamine. This does not mean that tryptamines are not meant to be smoked.

Maybe mescaline isn't meant to be smoked, but this is something that needs to be confirmed by someone who actually tried. Nobody would know the method of smoking salvinorin if none tried it when it was still used locally in oaxaca. We would all still be stuffing our faces with leaves and still hypothesising if "diterpenes are meant to be smoked".

Aside the fact that by smoking a substance the gut is avoided, it also offers a more rapid onset of effects. Notably, often a significantly reduced duration in the effects, which some individual may desire. The gut is very complex with loads of serotonergic receptors, thereby providing a very different experience that may be overwhelming for some (nausea, discomfort etc).

I would like to advise that the thread remains open to debate as an inconclusive question and not as a thread of only speculation on the "what if".