1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - Smoking out of broken meth pipe

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by royale88, Jun 27, 2010.

1. royale88

royale88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay, so SWIM broke her bubbler pipe on the outside of the bowl. Is it safe to continue to smoke (there is a lot left in bowl)?
    SWIM could only light the bottom correct-and smoke from there?

2. sykes

sykes

Reputation Points:
    SWIMs gluing agents might melt and release toxic fumes. Best to buy a new one, even smoking a lightbulb is better and healthier in the mean time.

3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't see why it wouldn't be safe.

Its just a broken pipe. Just don't inhale in broken glass.

4. yonez

yonez Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    just make sure you heat evenly, when glass has cracks its highly susceptible to shattering , swim should just finish that bowl then look for something else. tinfoil works great just make a "boat"

5. izzy31

izzy31

Reputation Points:
    For realz, those fumes from ANY type of adhesive are impossible to not burn and inhale. SWIM used to use fireproof tape to glue a piece of glass over the hole as a temporary fix so he could use the pipe until he was able to get a new one.

Fireproof tape is just foil that will not catch fire, and has one sticky side. however the sticky shit will still melt and exert smoke and fumes when burned.

The seal from the peice of glass could be airtight, and not allow anything to leak through, but not burning the sticky shit on the tape isnt possible. Don't bother trying it, just use a lightbulb and scrape the remaing stuff out of the bubbler.

6. MindBlown89

MindBlown89

Reputation Points:
    My monkey has the same problem.he is thinking of just putting foil to fill broken part , just take it slow. Cuz like was said, broken glass is more susceptible to breaking when heating..! Happy camping

7. Satanbyme

Satanbyme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My tortoise and I found out that a pipe with a hole broken into it produces much larger clouds than a pipe with its stock airflow hole. This seemed to be the case for blue flaming atleast

8. Such is life

Such is life Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    That little hole(if not near bowl) is especially useful when smoking the left over resin in the stem. (Cover main hole above bowl) heaps of smoke,,,,,

9. Smurfettewv

Smurfettewv Newbie

Reputation Points:
    After not enjoying the combination of gorilla glue in my liquid happy I soaked the broken pipe (minus the stupid glue part) in small amount of water, put on my plate in microwave and made nice rebake. Isn't that what everybody does?? Or am I truly an over the hill hillbilly? If so: I am a sponge fill me with your wise and sage advice masters...(then I can pretend I knew all along)

10. infection00

infection00 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've seen people repair pipes with torches, get it hot enough the glass will start melting and the cracks will go but everytime you do it, it gets thinner and thinner
    i would suggest a quad jet though because they get the right amount of heat onto it and spread it properly
    most single jets are too focused

just an idea but don't burn yourself! put some gloves on first :)

Tags: