1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking oxycodone - Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by hawaii, Sep 1, 2004.

1. hawaii

hawaii

Reputation Points:
    anyone tried it?

2. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I woulnt, there are alot of pill binders and other stuff in those pills. maby if it was pure oxycodone, but i would stick to injesting or snorting

3. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Oxycodone isolated from pills is smokable, but as Mike177 stated there are better ways to administer the pure powder. In any case, a simple water extraction will produce a smokable product.

~KT

4. smilla

smilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes i have smoked oc's on blunts and it did have an effect...stick to snorting or injecting them, soooooo much better

5. moldie

moldie

Reputation Points:
    I tried it once. I mixed an oc up in water and drew it into my (at that time) ONLY syringe. Before I could inject I accidentally broke the plunger in half (don't ask me how). I let the water from the syringe dry on a fresh spoon, scraped off the powder, and decided to try smoking it like heroin.

I put it on a foil and took a few hits, it was a complete waste. I didn't feel anything. I think oxycodone might be sensitive to heat. Anyone know?

6. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard from a few people that smoking oxycodone produces a high similar to opium. Anybody know if this infact works or not?

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    This does, in fact, work. oxycodone, being a strong opiate, feels a bit subjectively different than morphine or codeine which are the primary drugs in opium, but the bodily sensation, warmth, and euphoria are similar. Lab rats report that it can be smoked as a "foily", heating from underneath and chasing the dragon. The onset and strength are very rapid, so tell your SWIY to start with VERY low doses, and to try and have a screen on the mouthpiece so as to not inhale solid hot oxycodone into it. However dosage can be difficult to measure with smoking and swiy may have to wait a few minutes to feel the effects, so use utmost caution. SWIM talked to some lab rats who smoked the pills and they said to remove any time-release coating (if its oxycontin) and to avoid smoking acetominophen-containing preparations. they also say that swiy may be better off using the pills orally if swiy is inexperienced with opiates, as this is a somewhat safer route and the high lasts longer.

8. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for the very knowledgable reply.

SWIM sprinkled some on a bowl of marijuana and noticed little effects aside from being stoned. (some euphoria)

Do you have to prepare the oxy in any way for a "foily"?

9. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    it just has to be wetted down and have the waxy coating removed, as one would with oxycontin to eat or snort it. then a small piece would be placed on the foil..not the whole thing, since it has to run down the foil as it is melted/vaporized from underneath. a direct lighting of it as with a bowl wouldnt work as well as doing a foily of it. SWIM does not really know how good foilies are for one's lungs..even if the foil doesnt cause alzheimers like the rumor goes, he cant imagine that smoking something meant to be eaten can be healthy for long term use.

10. DrMuffy

DrMuffy

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has actually never tried this method (with oxys), but this sounds like a good idea if it really does work, but SWIM would rather just take the high road and just swallow those little godsends, mmmmmmm yum yum

11. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    question on this. if SWIM has a oxycontin could he take the coating off and maybe put some powder in a homemade vaporizer or "pookie"

12. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Donmeka: theoretically it should be possible, at least SWIM thinks so. He's not too sure how vaporizers work but his understanding is that they use indirect heat (instead of direct flame) to vaporize drugs. If attempting this, please start with a low dose, lab rats SWIM knows who have "chased the dragon" with oxycodone report that it takes a smaller dose than a usual oral dose to get high. Perhaps 1/4 of an oral dose to start.

13. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM may try this with 5mg or so and report back. if the vaporizing method does not seem to work perhaps he will try to chase the dragon.

14. ip.dif.ev.3.min

ip.dif.ev.3.min Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    swI thinks it should work, peeps smoke H all the time, but you need to smoke like in a crack-pipe or tin foil...dont burn the shit!!! and swim would think crushing and making as pure as possible would be smart. as long as you take a hit wait 5-7 mins for next, you should find your limit

15. oxalot

oxalot

Reputation Points:
    SWIM will have to try this with his 30mg IR oxy's. Will report tomorrow if ISW MMYcan get up off the floor

16. oxalot

oxalot

Reputation Points:
    tried 45 mg yeah it works .I will play with dose I am so tolerant this was not sufficient.

17. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM smoked some chunks of an oxy 80, estimated between 10 & 20mg at a time. He was affected, and faster onset than insufflation. Overall he felt like he was wasting a lot and moved on to slamming, which of course he doesn't recommend.

- Beltane

18. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    gave it a try because SWIM has an abundance of 20mg, he probly smoked about 5mg and felt it but doesnt see it as any better than insufflation, and SWIM prefers the nasal method much mroe.

19. Gaius315

Gaius315 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM generally smokes half of his dose and snorts the other half. He enjoys both methods. Major difference he has noticed is that although the euphoria and high are similar, smoking generally accompanies those with a "buzz" as well.

SWIM bought a glass stem, disassembled a pen, placed the pen tube about halfway into the stem making an almost perfect fit. Taped the pen to the stem. Wrapped the bottom of the stem in foil, placing a chunk (usually between 5 and 10mg) in the bottom of the foil. Held a small flame to the foil until he could feel the smoke in his throat and removed the flame. Was able to repeat 3-5 times before coming up dry. Greatly enjoys the taste.

20. warandhate

warandhate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    most duders swim knows ONLY smoke the OCs. usually the ABGs but a little birdy had some OC 80s that he said could not be smoked so they were discounted. swim checked them out and they looked legit just cant be smoked? anyone know anything about why they wouldnt work for smoking?