1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Smoking Sage?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by barrano247, Mar 22, 2012.

1. barrano247

barrano247 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    i just made another improvised smoking device (put aluminum foil over the top of a dr pepper bottle, poked holes in it, stuck a hollow pen tube in an smoked), an i tried it by smoking some sage cause i wanted to see if it worked (it did). So i smoked a decent amount of the sage, turns out it burns really fast, well next thing i know theres smoke everywhere in my room and theres a ridiculous amount of sage, well i took it to the face like a boss, and now i feel a little weird. I feel like i smoked a little weed, it seems to have a really relaxing effect, but theres a sensory side like i feel kinds suseptable to hallucinations. Apparently salvia is a type of sage too. But im just wonderin if anyone else has smoked sage or if they know if you can get high off it.

2. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
  3. barrano247

barrano247 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yea i searched it but didnt see anything just about smoking sage, i didnt think that thread would have the info i wanted.

But thanks man!

4. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Smoking regular sage does little to nothing, the salvia plants in that link IS sage.

5. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    smoking regular sage does something.. it contains thujone and other chemical which do have an effect, it doesn't make you high or trip your balls off.

it does alter your concious and it does make you meditative

But this depends on the strain... the purple variant is alot stronger than the normal one ( same sage species but different in color ) a few times i smoked some sage and really nothing happened and other times i achieved a slight high... nothing really spectecular tho.

white sage does give you some sort of buzz

6. barrano247

barrano247 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    yea its not like some intense stuff i really just wanted to try it out, nothing i plan on doing a lot but just wanted to try it lol

7. Wayne Brady

Wayne Brady Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Be careful, you really don't want to end up burning/smoking plastic. It is extremely toxic. I found and posted this article while looking for some info on it:

14-Year-Old Boy Died From Smoking Plastic, Not Fake Pot

I had experimented with sage as a base for a cannabinoid blend but it was not very tasty (good for cooking though!) No effects other than the JWH were noticed.

8. bk39

bk39 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Thank you