smoking salvia divinorum

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Muffin_Man19, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Muffin_Man19

Muffin_Man19 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    what are the best ways to smoke salvia? I don't have a nice glass pipe but he has a decent tobacco pipe.. will that work? and are there a specific way i should smoke it like put in a little amount and burn the whole thing and suck it all in or wat.. Also i was thinking about making a water pipe or a gravity bong do those work good?

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My friends and I made a bong out of a plastic bottle, a rubber tube and ice and it worked great for salvia.

You want to get as much salvia smoke into your lungs as you can as fast as possible. You should be able to inhale enough in one big hit, hold for about 30 seconds, breathe and lie down....

3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Best way it has worked with SWim was a Water bong... He used a pipe a few times and it didnt even get him a head change.

I wouldent waist it with a pipe it doesnt seem to work as good, or at all for SWIm.

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Even a basic apple pipe will work:

Step 1:
    Materials
    [​IMG] You'll need an apple, a knife, a pen, and a piece of aluminum to build this particular apple pipe. Step 2:
    Core it [​IMG] Using the knife, core out the apple making sure that you do not puncture the bottom of the apple. Step 3:
    Stick it [​IMG] Stick the shaft of the pen into the side of your apple pipe. (This will act as the mouthpiece of your pipe.) Remove any apple that became trapped inside the pen. Step 4:
    Screen it
    [​IMG] Take a piece of foil and poke a few small holes in the middle. Stick your foil screen into the apple pipe.
    Step 5:
    Spark it [​IMG] Enjoy the "fruits" of your labor and spark it up.

Note: I don't recommend using foil as shown in the above instructions. A pipe gauze is much cleaner and safer.

Credit: http://smokingwithstyle.com/applepipe.htm

The most important part is how you smoke the salvia itself. Fill the bowl, keep a flame over it for several seconds while you inhale it, and keep the smoke in for as long as possible. Then get ready for some craziness!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
    1. 5/5,
      Good post!
      Jul 8, 2006
  5. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I highly recommend using a butane lighter (jet lighter). Salvia requires a good amount of heat to combust the salvinorin-A so you'll get better results with a hotter flame. Just make sure you have some cold water and ice inbetween your mouth and that flame, though :D

Good luck! Have a great time!

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    plastic bottle bong is far better then any pipe (non water that is)... I like a 1 liter botle with some water and maybe an ice cube or two, 1,2, maybe even 3 hits (depending on your salvia extract) and you'll be flyin into salvia space, happy trippin

7. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As jimmeh said You wants as much smoke in your lungs as possible, so if You you can handle it your tabbaco pipe probably extended with rubber pipe to help reduce the heat of the smoke would be great, I found the advantage of smoking salvia like this was the smoke stayed real dense, as for holding it, I would say as long as You can. The hotter your lighter the better a blue flamed one would probably be best. A water pipe with small air capacity would probably be better as You could toke more easily and wouldnt burn yous throat. On the other hand if You smokes enough of it however You decides to smoke it You will feel some effects.
    The better the extract You has the more the flame heat will have an effect, if You is smoking plain leaf salvia matches or a normal lighter will probably work fine, but You will need to smoke more actual leaf. With an extract ie 20x You shouldnt need to smoke as much and will notice a difference between the stages reached with a normal or blue flamed lighter.
    I have often reached higher stages of the salvia trip scale by heating the ash left by a few bowls of 20x, through a glass water pipe doing this could be seen to produce thin smoke or vapour, but burning the ash certainally propelled SWIM that little bit further.
    However You decides to try it, remember to hold the smoke for a while and dont get the bowl going and just toke on it, all the time You is toking the flame should be on the salvia.

8. Muffin_Man19

Muffin_Man19 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    thanks for the help guys, I went down to the local headshop and bought a medium sized bong.. and then got some 21x salvia.. holy shit SWIM cant even begin to describe what happened to him.. He was in a field and all of a sudden a massive dome full of mustard appeared next to him and for some reason i worked for the mustard and so i was trying to recruit my friends to join the mustard community .. im not even kidding it was the most messed up shit i have ever experienced

9. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Congrats on breaking through! And yes, explaining a salvia trip is like trying to describe colors to a blind person. Only you know what you're talking about - but SWIM can completely relate to those feelings you had of "working for the mustard". I had the feeling that his fingers were for sale. Yep.