smoking salvia divinorum

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by alex99, Feb 19, 2004.

1. alex99

alex99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey there... can you roll up salvia and smoke it that way or do i need to get a pipe or something else?

also, a question about rollingblunts- one of my friends always rolls themfor me but i want to learn how to roll too. i looked on this site but i couldnt any good info. would anyone be able to tell me or give me a website that has instructions.

thanks so much

2. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    you can roll salvia into a joint, but its consistency makesthis a bit difficult, easier if mixed with weed; however, I would recomend using a pipe or better yet a bong for salvia.

Do a google search for 'how to roll a joint', its a lot easier if someone actually shows you.

3. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This is best smoked from a pipe, or a bong as suggested. When lighting, the flame needs to continuously be held on the leaf while inhaling. Hold in as long as you can, on the exhale, lol, farewell! Its off to another destination! This is also one of those drugs that a sitter needbe available to keep you from hurting yourself trying to walkabout.

4. baker

baker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I used a pipe, it worked fine.

5. paeonia

paeonia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Doesn't really matter how you smoke it... just remember to hold it in your lungs for as long as possible to get best effects. Also, do not torch the stuff when ur hitting it... specific temps above a certain range make the plant ineffective. However, you do want to keep the tip of the flame on the bowl the entire time.

6. SebV1

SebV1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I used a pipe like Baker did but it wasnt that great. Me & my friend where gonna use a bong but didnt, then afterwards I heard u was meant to use a bong. Can anyone clear this up for me

Cheers

7. cavapower

cavapower Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well i havent tried to smoke salvia from a bond but i did try it with a pipe and shit is it hard on the lungs... ive smoked a lot of shitty weed in my day and i never felt anything near as rough as salvia... so i would suggest using a bong to help tone down on the harshness of the stuff

8. CottonMouth Man

CottonMouth Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    To get the best effect from salvia, it needs to be burned at a high
    temperature. so if you do use a pipe, make sure its a hot flame.
    like the lighters that burn blue flames. If you dont have
    a hot lighter water pipes are the recomended way. sally
    joints arent effective because of the low burning temperature.

Edited by: CottonMouth Man

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  9. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    "Also, do not torch the stuff when ur hitting it... specific temps above a certain range make the plant ineffective. However, you do want to keep the tip of the flame on the bowl the entire time."

Umm where have you read this? because I have only read the opposite, you are supposed to torch it while you hit it, the higher the temp the better. Any specefic article you read this from?

10. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:

I was thinking the same thing, a bit confused. [​IMG]

11. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Wtf you have no idea what your talking about. Salvia isnt effective at all if used in a joint you need to get it much hotter than the termperatures that a joint or blunt would burn at. You need to use a bong or pipe and keep the lighter flame in the plant material, or better yet, use a torch lighter.

12. RoboCop

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    "Salvia isnt effective at all if used in a joint"

Yes it is. It is just very hard for people to get effects. Usually gives you a low level 1-2 salvia trip. I have used salvia through joint/blunt and like it, expecially mixed with weed, but it will not give you a amazing salvia trip. Icemaster knows exactly what he is talking about. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it does not work! Bong is the best method of smoking it.

13. RoboCop

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Contrary to what alot of people here believe with the right smoking method and tools you can get as strong of a trip from 5x or 10x extract with just dry leaves. It just takes more effort.

I use a three foot water bong load the stem, torch it completely while hitting it, cashing the bowl in one hit. Hold for 30 seconds while loading another hit, exhale take another, repeat as much as necessary until you are in salvia land. It usually only takes about 3 big rips from a 3ft bong.(using a pipe is not nearly as effective.) This is how I introduced my friends to salvia and they are scared shittless of its power. After this I could never get them to try the extract. They think im insane for smoking salvia extract, they just don't see the point in it.