1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Inhaling - Smoking Suboxone on Foil

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by laws0n, Jan 28, 2009.

1. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am scripted Suboxone to help with his opiate dependance and is using that instead of Oxy which was his DOC. I takes 1 8mg tab every 12 hours. SWIM completely HATES putting it under his tongue and dosent give him very much relief, the taste is HORRIBLE, and it seems like some of it gets wasted because it gets swallowed instead of dissolved sublingualy. SWIM heard that it can be snorted but the taste would still be there, SWIM read a post on another forum saying that he accidently put a 1/4 tab suboxone on the foil instead of oxy and it worked a hell of alot better than sublingualy. I know this will remind him of snoking oxy and will not use this method unless he is feeling no relief from taking it sublingualy, just curious if anyone has tried this and how well it works? Thanks.

2. warandhate

warandhate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    swim tried this once and I think it tastes alot worse than sublingual. I couldnt remember how it felt as he was also smoking oxy at the time and didnt know what subs were.

so swim just smoked an 8th of a pill. dont think it did much. swim reminds you that the naloxone in the tablet keeps your receptors blocked so the bupe doesnt get you high plus its only a partial agonist.

just put them under your tounge you get used to the taste its aquired

3. doublezero

doublezero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    wims mates used to snort subbys, swim himself used to inject them,,,,,,,,,,,,swim hated the taste of those fuka's under his tongue,,especially the large ones,,luckily I am on methadone,,,,,,,,,,

swim advise u to take it how its meant to be taken. its only a few minutes of suffering,,,chop it up into smaller bits so it disolves quicker, and make sure your mouth isnt dry, as wet as u can.

but yeah, its tfukin rank those pills

4. award11

award11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o
    Just take it as prescribed; it's not going to get you high regardless. Snorting, smoking, stickin' it up your bung blah blah blah, it's all pointless and nothing but a waste of your time.

5. Mr.Opi

Mr.Opi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I has tried this before swim smokes oc80s off foil usein the chasein the dragon tech but also has tried it with suboxone and I could say it kinda works I felt something.. the high was there. better stick to ochos tho but swim bets smokin the subutex would be better then smokin suboxone has anyone tried this?

6. Herojuana

Herojuana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    You serious?

Insufflating subs, certainly DOES work, just fine. So does the Intravenous method.

I'm also curious about smoking/vaporizing it though, can't find many reports though.

7. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I have snorted Subuxone and found it to be very strong. He doesn't have that big of a tolerance but is experienced with a lot of different opiates. The first time he tried it he snorted a little less than 2mg and promptly threw up about an hour later. After throwing up he felt really good, quite methadone like. He really liked the taste, was like snorting a line of candy.

I thought that it wasn't possible to shoot Subuxone since it contains Naxalone as well as Buprenorphine. Subutex or Temegesic could be IVed since they only contain bupe.

I was given a load of Buprenorphine patches and found he could smoke them much like Fentanyl patches. The high was nowhere near as strong as fent but was still good. Snorting was much stronger though, although he was only smoking small amounts at a time.

8. Herojuana

Herojuana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    It is no doubt, a logical theory.

but the fact is, buprenorphine has a much higher affinity for the receptors than naloxone, so naloxone has a very hard time trying to dislodge it from the receptors, and is unlikely to ever happen.

9. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Ah fair enough. What is the purpose of it then?

10. Herojuana

Herojuana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    basically, it's like a scare tactic, so people don't try 'abusing' it.

11. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am all for trying to get high in any way possible, but thinks this is a bad idea.

The best way to abuse suboxone is to snort it. Fastest, least disgusting, better bioavailability. I have also tried shooting it a couple times, and it didn't make SWIM sick or anything like they try and scare you about, but it also was the most disgusting thing/feeling you can imagine. Injecting a revolting orange syrup into yourself - not cool. SWIM, swear to God, still gets physically nauseous to this day thinking about it. He is right now. I have no doubt that smoking it would be even more disgusting than injecting it.

Snorting is the way to go.

Also ake it from one of the most desperate fucked up junkies you could ever meet, who has tried every way to get high off the shitboxone, out of despair for lack of heroin, for 2 years - it's not going to happen unless you are opiate naive, or on less than 1mg per day. If you are on less than 1mg per day, you can snort about 4-6 mgs and it will make you tired and a bit noddy for the day. It doesn't feel good, but it does make you kind of opiate-sleepy.

If you're on anything more than 1mg per day, seriously don't bother trying to get high on the suboxone. You can't.

12. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from PA
    Why not smoke it? What would make it worse than injection (which I've heard is HORRIBLE)?

13. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As someone who has experienced the vileness of injected suboxone, the only thing SWIM can think of more disgusting is having that revolting orange shit turned into an oily smoke coating your mouth, sinuses, nose, throat and lungs. Then, considering the fact that it's not going to get you any higher than snorting, or that much higher than just sublingual, makes it especially pointless.

14. ill_motions

ill_motions Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    omg i did it last night and I got really fucked up.. Never do it I thought that they had a ceiling effect but this way they don't..... just wanted to be sober i hated the feeling made me feel sooo grosss. and I could tell that the receptor i really wanted filled was not satisfied. DONT DO IT

15. EyesOfTheWorld

EyesOfTheWorld Silver Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Iff people are trying to get high from buprenorphine, Labmonkey would suggest obtaining Subutex, if possible. No nasty orange taste, no naloxone. 10-12 mgs nasally works for Labmonkey and he is very opiate tolerant (usual doses are .25 grams IV/snorted heroin or 80-100 mgs oral oxycodone-note this is not 'dicksizing' or encouraging ridiculous opiate doses, just putting Labmonkey's tolerance in context). Snorted buprenorphine is not super-intense, but its advantage is that it lasts a very long time. He hasn't tried, nor will he try, smoking or shooting it, he's heard nothing but bad about injecting or smoking all pills

16. $limJim

$limJim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has IVed subutex before and it actually works quite well. This was right when I had got back to using and his withdrawals were only very light, though. He tried it again once he started getting dopesick as fuck, and the IV Subutex (4mg) only made it 10x worse.

So for those Non-opiate dependents out there, yeah, it's not bad.

17. NEVER_PULL_OUT

NEVER_PULL_OUT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Recently swim and his friend have come upon a bunch of subs and have stooped down to chasing the dragon. Honestly i dont get all the negativity about smoking suboxone. swim and 4 friends split 3 8mg pills while chasing the dragon and honestly got really fucking high. for a bunch of non-frequent opiate users it can get you high as shit. and the taste is not even bad! marshmallows! thats it, most know the marshmallow smell of other opiates... suboxone is no different. swim can honestly say those that prefer injecting, snorting, or taking it sublingually are cray-z!!!! smoke it and your golden. one thing i might mention however is that out of all the people who smoked it not a single one failed to puke that night.Swim says the subs were 8-mg orange oxagon or hectagon or sumtin like that pills and they made everyone sick in the end.....maybe cut with sumtin to make smoking less appealing... they are designed for opiate abusers after all... half of which chase the dragon with their doc's most likely.....

18. $limJim

$limJim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would be surprised if You and his friends had not gotten sick from that. Something about nasty, nasty suboxone just screams DO NOT TOUCH to Slim. Just to imagine actually smoking the stuff... yahk.

19. baleoda

baleoda Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    well swim just tried chasing about 3 mg of subutex on the foil, and it turned out great. let him tell you. he's been on subutex for over a year, and never gets high off it anymore, but this method WORKS!!!! I got amazing headrushes off every hit. this is going to be a new staple in his household.

20. baleoda

baleoda Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    swim just passed out using this method and hit his head on the counter. ouch.