Smoking with Dad?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by PhoenixOnPhire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know his dad used to be a hippie, and only once found items and product in his possession (but his dad did not know he knew). How could SWIM approach his dad about sharing the experience?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Don't make it sound like a big deal. If it comes up in conversation, just ask casually.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, like Nature_Boy said.

It sounds like you and Dad are NOT close at all.

Because, normally, by the time a kid's been smoking for a couple years, he has talked to his Dad about Drugs.
    He will ask: "Gee Dad, did you ever use Pot?"
    Then the conversation takes off.

In fact, most parents will bring-up the subject at least once. If not to say that they've smoked before, then it's to discuss the subject of illegal drug use with their child.

So, the fact that dear-old-Dad has never discussed it, is surprising.
    But, no matter WHY you and the family are so distant: Bring it up. It's important.

Later, you can ask Dad to party with you.
    In the mean-time, get a little bit closer to your Dad. It's a good thing.

4. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How it happened with swims parents They started smoking (they never hid it from swim) so I went and got a J and fired it up and passed it to them... i got a dissapointed look and the sound of somone firing up a J

5. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I has smoked with his kids. I don't think it's a particularly good thing to do, but, I do many things that some might not find particularly good. They don't seem to mind (they are legal aged young adults).

6. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What it was with my parents was "We rather have you at home trying drugs than with someone on the street that you cant trust"

7. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Speaking of SWIM from earlier:

Dad: knows swim experiments with drugs and has had many conversations with SWIM about them including reminiscing about past experiences, but does not know I know he(dad) still does drugs.

It should not seem like a big deal, but I say it is a big deal to them to be able to smoke or experience another drug with their dad. They say it would fulfill a certain void that they have had most of their life that cannot be filled with mere words, but rather the acknowledgment of one another through the simple task of something along the lines of.. passing a J.