smoking yourself "straight"

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by searcher, Nov 21, 2005.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    seems like my friends have been doing this more often lately.

2. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hummwhatever do you mean, "straight"?

3. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    He means not sober by Straight.

Ive never smoked myself sober ive smoked myself stupid/2 sleep but never sober! The more i smoke the more tierd i get or if its a nice bud it will just keep getting me closer n closer 2 the feeling of perfect!

People say u can do this with drinking! I HIGHLY DOUBT IF U DRINK MORE THEN U CAN HANDLE ULL END UP SOBER!

4. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Oh ha that,just a silly myth, some guy probably made that up so he could watch his mate get fucked up on whatever substance he just told him to consume more of to get sober again. It still works, some fools really get messed up in the pursuit of soberness[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  5. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i thought he meant like hes been smoking so much or so often that latey he doesnt feel or function quite right without being high.

i sometimes feel like that after a couple weeks or months of smoking everyday/multiple times a day and then maybe having to slow down or life gets stressful.

if thats what it is then just slow it down and space it out, give it time and the high will be good as new. if thats not what this topic is about then you guysprobably stopped reading already...

stoners...

jk hope that helps someone in some way, peace...

6. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually, when SWIM first started smoking, first off it was the best
    weed he'd ever had to date, and I would be buried in solid 6-8 hour
    sessions. He often felt totally sober for a while and then his
    mind came crashing through itself. It's not like it snuck up on
    him, because he was high long before, he just apparently smoked himself
    sober for a period of time. Quite a mystical surreal experience.

7. Monoxide

Monoxide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend ok this is a funny story...Well he has been smoking for about 3 months and hes said hes smoked some of the best weed ever...so one time me and him decided to buy some bud and i told him id buy it...so i went to the store(lol) bought some of the best Hydro ive ever seen..so we started smoking a couple bowls go by and then all of a sudden he says "Dude i think ive smoked myself sober" i could obviously tell he was lieing because even though he thought he was sober he couldnt even walk right...i mean this kid was completly retardted after a couple bowls but he thought he was sober...so maybe it is possible to get so high off good bud that your mind acually thinks its sober?..

8. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I has "smoked him self sober"

it is not bullshit, he promises. however he offers a theory on the subject.

It isnt as much that you "smoke yourself sober" as much as after awhile your high just levels off and decreases, idk how i can explain this.

its like after smoking ten, fifteen joints, you have already reached maximum stonedness. and ten to fifteen joints will take a long time to smoke, also consider your smoking will slow down after a few joints.

So what swim actually thinks happens is after a4 hours of straight smoking, you will start to come down from the weed you first smoked4 hours ago and now your alsosmoking slower than when you firststarted....what is happening is you are coming down faster than you are going up therefor giving you the illusion if you smoke enuff you will sober up.

9. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Smoking releases serotonin right, so maybe after you have been smoking for such a long time you have no more serotonin left to release, resulting in a lower high or as reported a non-exsistant one. Could this be the case or does thc and othercanabolids affect too much of our system for serotonin depletion to be responsible?

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    When I went to the 'Dam last summer I made like a typical marijuana tourist and smoked pretty-much non-stop for four days or so. At times I felt like I couldn't get much higher. I even did some Ice-o-lator hash after smoking a lot of white widow and even that didn't do much. Then again, it's difficult to rate how stoned I was because I was cooked up inside a tiny smoke-filled hotel room and the whole experience felt like a dream. Perhaps if I had suddenly been thrown out onto the street I'd know pretty quickly how bombed I was.

11. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, a multi-hour session with some high-grade haze has left SWIM sober
    as well. Or at least smoking could not make him any higher. Does anyone
    know why this happens? I don't think its because of seratonin depletion.

12. eski

eski Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I think its got nothing to do with it wearing of or not being able to release chemicals, when you do anything at first you have to get used to it and the feeling is more intense but as the hours go by you becaome used to the feeling. And so you dont particuly feel stoned. The fact its being stoned were talking about is probably the most easy to get used to for the majority of the time your sitting doing the same thing so you have nothing else to compare it to other that half an hour ago when you were still playing the computer.....Why would you feel stoned out your tree from begining to end? When you do your fist few lines of coke its great but you dont feel like that all night you get a bit more used to it... same goes for most things.

13. Sektor

Sektor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just a myth mate, just get so used to being stoned that you think yourself into thinking that your sober, your stoned as a dumb fuck, time to roll anutha

14. stfumofoz

stfumofoz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've had this happen to me. I feel completely sober after smoking too much. Though, people have commented on how stoned/stupid I act while I'm this way though. I think you might just be too stoned to tell you're stoned because I fucked up a presentation in front of class the other day like this without realizing it till after.

15. doppey

doppey Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Marijuana causes tolerance quite quickly (Espcially for an avid user.) After about 10-15 joints you've built up enough tolernace for that day that you cant really smoke enough to get you back up. (Unless you change up dope or switch to hash, oil etc.) I've smoked up to an oz and a half of the same dope in a 2 person non-stop session and after 10 joints or so (Same as always.) I felt next to nothing.

Peace

16. anonymous07

anonymous07 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I has only done this once, or he thought he did. he smoked a good amount of high quality weed and by the 6th or 7th bong bowl (between him and a friend or 2) he felt he had acheived a new state of "highness". upon further consideration, he began to wonder if it was just him being sober haha. swim never figured out wether he was sober or reached a new high but either way, it wasnt overly fun.

17. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The first high of the day is always most intense. If you keep smoking all day, you just get more relaxed. But I know what you mean, you really don't feel it as much after alot of smoking. But check your eyes when you think you are sober. They will be all messed up.