1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - Sniffing Pure Hydrocodone

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by peggs16, Jun 19, 2005.

1. peggs16

peggs16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Is sniffing 10g of pure hydrocodone a waste (no asprin) or will i get a quicker better high then chewing?

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    If it's really pure hydrocodone, by all means sniff it. Should indeed be better and quicker.

Edit -- did you say 10g? As in ten grams? Get your affairs in order first, and have a coffin ready. [​IMG] Edited by: Nicaine

3. OiledMandible

OiledMandible

Reputation Points:
    Ha...nice catch on the ten grams, Nicaine[​IMG].

You must mean mg, so go for it. Should have a nice time.

4. daveman

daveman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    10mg is not much, its about as much in one or two pills, try 30 or 40,
    but aybe its just me and i have a high tolerance to these pill opiates

5. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    does it have to be pure to snort it? can i just crush up a few vicodins and snort them or is that hella bad?

6. sands of time

sands of time

Reputation Points:
    You could snort crushed vikes, but all that acetaminophen would make it a very unpleasent and unhealthy experience. Do you really want to snort 3-4 pills worth of powder???

7. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i dont know if i would want to if it really is very bad for you. but i really enjoy snorting things, the more the better, i love the whole proces of making lines, snorting, the drip, its all good in my book.

8. KillerKind

KillerKind Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think snorting is any better than taking orally. If you try
    this though, please be careful. If it is your first time, don't take
    30-40 mg just because someone with a high tolerance says it's what you will
    need. 10 mg will be plenty for your first experience.

9. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Another possibility (if you can take the bitters) is dissolving under the tongue... keep the saliva in your mouth as long as possible. Faster than swallowing, slower than snorting. I tend to chew certain pills (i.e. legal scripts of mine like Klonopin) and hold them in my mouth a few because they kick in faster -- mucus membranes in the mouth absorb it, just like nasal membranes would if snorted. Then again, Klonopin tastes like sweet chalk & it's no problem.Edited by: Nicaine

11. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    take it sublingually....if you have the testes....

12. moke64916

moke64916 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Actually hydrocodone mixed with acetimetiphine will achieve maxi un effect of the hydrocodone. They combine the two for a reason. It intensifies the hydrocodone effect.

13. Rockinhockey

Rockinhockey

Reputation Points:
    No it doesnt help with anything except pain killing.

14. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not exactly true. There are some people such as myself that actually feel a high off of excedrine. If I did not take tylenol for say six months, then take three, I would feel a "high" from it. When you take the hydrocodone and the tylenol together, some people do get more "high" from it.

15. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim has sniffed hydrocodone before, he thought it was stronger orally dispite the delayed onset. Im swims opinion eating them is the way to go. But if snorting is your thing then by all means get ta' crushin'

16. JJ1234

JJ1234 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Personally I don't think paracetamol increases the high at all. Once you start pushing 3 grams a day of that crap it's kinda gross feeling to me anyway. After I had doc switch my script to 10/325 from 10/650 (hydrocodone/paracetamol), multiple pills feel better. I don't get as much of an upset stomach

Everyone is different of course. For OP 6 years later if you still haven't taken that 10mg yet I don't think sniffing hydrocodone has better bio availability as oral route. Converting to freebase and vaporizing sounds like an interesting though.

17. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Pharmacokinetics of Hydrocodone indicate a bioavailability when taken orally of arond 80%, which would indicate that hydrocodone will work best when swallowed - many other opioids/opiates (if ot all?) are way more effcient when swallowed than when snorted.

18. shanusaran

shanusaran Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Someone i know told me that its aspirin that makes the effects of any medications quicker due to the thinning of the blood that aspirin has, makes the medicines travel time to the brain alot faster once its absorbed into the bloodstream. As far as the increasing of the hydros from the apap...I believe that consensus here any amongst friends that pinky has spoken too, its Only use is to aid in pain relief! Hence why medicines like roxy has none...if it increased its effectiveness wouldnt they put it will all pain meds? Please, feel free to correct me if i am misinformed! ill pass it on to pinky at our next meeting ;)

19. JJ1234

JJ1234 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Supposedly the main reason is for added pain relief. Also it acts as a denaturant(sp*?). It was added to make hydrocodone less abusable. This really never stopped any dope sick person from doing more than recommended though. Usually they just ignore the advise on acetaminophen intake or do a cold water extraction.

Also the main ingrediant in "Roxycontin" is also available with acetaminophen as Percocet. It is also schedule 2 in the U.S.

So in a short it was added "for pain relief", but also to to try to make less abusable(LOL at that by the way:)

The thing that sucks if you get past the point of hydrocodone doing it for you, you are just one step closer to heroin. If you ever get to the point where it takes 50-100mg of hydrocodone, then it would be wiser to quit than take the "cheaper" route of heroin. While cheaper in the short run, cost much more in the long run.

Sorry to ramble on but I happen to be drunk for the first time in a while:).

20. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Not 'Roxycontin' (is there even such a thing?) but 'Roxicet' contains oxycodone & APAP. Roxycodone is usually just oxycodone.

Snorting Vicodin/Norco/Lortab is unhealthy & counter-productive. Unless maybe you did a Cold Water Extraction on them, then evaporated the water so that the residual powder is mostly pure hydrocodone. Sniffing pills containing aceteminophen (APAP/Tylenol/paracetamol) isn't productive - they are HUGE pills compared to the amount of opiate in them, the fillers & binders & APAP coat/clog your nasal mucous membranes, not allowing much of the opiate to be absorbed that way and most of the high is due to the powder hitting the back of your throat & going into your stomach (the "drip") anyway.

Since the high is coming from them dissolving/absorbing in your stomach, why go through this painful, roundabout way that could possibly cause damage to your nose, when you can just swallow them? If you want a faster 'hit', you could crush the pills & mix in a drink or parachute them, then your stomach doesn't have to go through the process of breaking the pill down before it starts absorbing it.

~Kailey