1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - snort diphenhydramine hcl?

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by soer, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soer

soer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    will snorting 25mg diphenhydramine hcl pills do anything? will it hurt? whats the drip like? thanks

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    SWIM would likely scream. As a hydrochloride it would burn like fire in the soft tissue of the nose and sinuses. Yuck! And diphenhydramine is quite soluble orally, so there is no point in one insufflating it. By mouth works just fine for it's purposes.

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    hmm wouldnt it produce hydrochloric acid in your nose when mixed with the water in ur nose? w/e horrible idea, like nag said swallow it. Benadryl and other simular anti-his are not really that abusable but do give you a nice night of sleep when needed.

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Cocaine, amfetamine, methamfetamine and ketamine are usually in hcl salts as well.
    If those small amounts of diphenhydramine would effects your nose that much it would with the other substances as well.
    Though ofcourse it still could hurt like hell, as you would have binders from the pills, unless SWIY does a extraction.

5. soer

soer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    jesusfreak666er, what do you mean theyre not abusable? you can trip hard off them.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    lol thats not a trip, acid thats a trip.... now benadryl thats a mind fuck. swim surely doesnt find a dry mouth and non euphoric sedation while you watch a movie thats not on fun, so no swim doesnt think they are abusable. Then again depending how desperate people are to feel something they abuse anything. Swim means no disrepect by this surely swim himself has tried benadryl twice (why in gods name swim did it a second time who knows but swim thought he might like it, swim was wrong)

7. nwpsychonaut

nwpsychonaut Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Take swims word for it, DO NOT snort benedryl, its one of the word pains hes felt in his life, the doseage is to high to make snorting worth it

8. Sameriel

Sameriel Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    well.. there are cheap allergy medicines that sell them in caps. swiy could just break one of those and snort the powder from inside.

but psychonaut's post is enough to scare me away from that idea.

but, just curious, what did swiy snort? like was it a solid pill ground up, or what? i havent seen any benadryl caps when i've looked around my local drugstore.

9. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    jesus... has it come to this?
    it may be a "legal high" but it is certainly not a safe one.
    i would avoid this as a recreational substance overall because of the health effects and by god i would never, ever snort it.

but if you're into that do it.
    i want to hear the stories of agony and bleeding noses.

10. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    As above, and with an added "LOL" or six.

SWIM used to find that his lovely little Diphenhydramine sleeping pills burned like Joan even if they stayed in his mouth longer than about 2 seconds.

To SWIY: Don't snort it. It may not actually kill you, but I think I speak for everyone in saying that it will likely hurt rather a lot. *cringes just imagining it*

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like a poster soon to be seen on buses and subways: A kid with blood running out of his nose. Head twisted back. One eye large - the other small and bloodshot. Caption: "Dude! Snort Some Benadryl! Far Out!"

12. merc11292

merc11292

Reputation Points:
    lol swim saw some1 snort diphenhydramine once on tv show while the person had a cold, what this tv character left out is...It burns terriblely

13. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nobody says far out anymore, my friend.

Anyhoo - Just been looking up some info on hydrochlorides....
    It actually wouldn't really be that bad. Especially at 25mg.

Cocaine does damage to the hooter's nostrils coz of blood-flow-restriction according to Wikipedia, nowt to do with acids and such.

It appears that it wouldn't be that bad.

The poster is still funny, however.

14. Practical_Toker

Practical_Toker

Reputation Points:
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    me and my x roommate were the guinea pigs for the rest of the world
    he snorted some first and told me not to do it. instead of taking his advice i thought "well, i better just take it all in one long haul then"
    omfg, worst pain in my nose ever. shit, worst pain ever, period. terrible
    don't do it, i did it for you. it feels like it causes some major damage to you nose and the pain doesn't go away that night or some of the next day.

15. TokinIXI

TokinIXI

Reputation Points:
    Swim recommends swiy to never snort diphenhydrmine. Swim tried snorting it once, and it left him was watering eyes and a burning nose for over an hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.