1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Snort vs. Smoke?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by lakeone, Aug 14, 2005.

1. lakeone

lakeone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When dreaming about meth, does You dream about smoking it or snorting it? Swim read somewhere that 1 ounce = 110 meth hits.Is thatwhen smoking it (seems like way too much to snort)? When dreaming, how muchisusually consideredthe amount to sort at one time? Swimdreams about snorting. What is the difference between the two dreams?How do most people dream?

Swim heard that some meth was not water soluble and could not be snorted. Could someone please explain this for swim?

2. Zandorf

Zandorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    1 ounce of shitty horrible meth might equate to 110 hits of meth, or i
    guess its possible that some one could have an out of control tolerance.

a normal highish dose is more like 50mg it could be more, i just got
    that off erowid they could be lowballing it. i've never had super pure
    stuff or really weighed it accurately.

smoking provides a very slightly faste ronset, more rushing that
    snorting will in my opinion and it is less painful since meth stings
    really bad when you snort it. of course, it bad for your lungs to
    inhale any kind of smoke and there is more waste as some of the product
    will be destroyed in the vaporization process.

freebase meth is an oil which is not water soluble so it cannot be
    snorted. it is possible to convert it to a salt which will be water
    soluble, however.

Edited by: Zandorf

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  3. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    110 y/o from U.S.A.
    Moved to amphetamines...

4. Gas Da ShizzO

Gas Da ShizzO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Snorting is the absolute best-way,I don't care who you are.

5. ventrue

ventrue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    can anyone offer any reputable, reliable, proof of how much more potent/longer lasting/better snorting vs smoking. i'm hearing a lot of opininons on it lately. the people with post counts over uhhhhh 50 seem to be very silent on the issue.

6. Imnmbr1

Imnmbr1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    In comparison, it seems that when dreaming about snorting, onewould be taking in much more at once and spreading it over a smaller surface area than when smoking. When smoking, one takes in much less at a timebut spreads it over a much larger surface area. Compare the inside of a sinus cavity surface area, which might amount to, say a 3" square surface area; then the inside of the lungs, which when spread out flat might cover a square foot.

The difference seems that when one dreams about smoking, the effects are pretty much instant and more intense, usually lasting onlya short time, say up to around an hour to four hours. When one dreams about snorting, a larger amount is taken in and some of it may get "stuck" for a short time, draining later and unexpectedly. This makes it last longer.

I would say that the best way to get going would be to snort some and then smoke some right after to kick the snort in the ass and get it going good and serious. I have found that, as Zandorf has stated, smoking works quicker thank snorting. There is a definite, more "amped" feeling from smoking. This can seem to make smoking more addictive due to the rush feeling. In any case, SWIM prefers both methods.

7. Musicallevi

Musicallevi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    smoking meth out of tinfoil is the best way to go. Snorting burns and fucks up your nose. Plus I just love to make up foilies.

8. pyro15

pyro15 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Inhaling the vapors from heated aluminum can give you alzheimers I
    believe. Not sure how likely it is, but just something to think about
    it. I've never tried meth, but I'm on a quest to learn as much as I can
    about all drugs. I guess I'll end up trying just about everything at
    least once.

9. FEIERSALAMANDER

FEIERSALAMANDER Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM find that snorting is the best methode. If the meth is clean it doesnt fuck up your nose and it is not and you smoke it it will fuck up your lung, too. Its the same thing with cocain and crack. Cause of the more large surface of the lung more active agent will reache your brain in a little while. This makes that the rush is more intensive but the side effects too. Your body responds and you will become more and more inured to meth and amphetamines. Yesterday one of my maids where her. He came from the USA and SWIM gave him a bit of his meth. He smoked it. SWIM asked him how it works. His answer:" In this moment you inhale this typical tasting damp it rushs from your toe to your head and explodes there. i cant explain this feeling." Look! People got much more problems by smoking cocain-base(crack) than by sniffing cocain. Its the same thing with smoked and snorted meth. I will never smoke it cause he think if he smokes it it will never work sniffed. sry i come from germany

10. SpeedyDreamer

SpeedyDreamer Newbie

Reputation Points:

Obviously You has never smoked it in a glass bowl. You will get trhee times the hit out of a glass bowl than can possibly be had off of foil. SWISD used to say " He don't need no glass, foil is good". Then one day someone brought him a bowl and OMFG!!! INTENSE! And being a former coke head and having no nasal membranes left, SWISD can say snorting hurts like hell but it also dosen't have near the same quick effect that smoking out of a glass bowl. SWISD will buy a case of test tubes and blow a little bowl on the end, pop a hole, and here comes paradise. This comes to about 40 cents whereas at the local flea market the "oil pipes" they sell go for around 8$.
    Its also amazing how much better the hit is out of a clean bowl -vs- a dirty bowl. So keep them bowls as clean as possible for the best effect.

11. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Theres nothin the world that SWIM loves better than on about the 3rd hit of a glass pipe to see that bulb fill with smoke and pully slow it into the lungs... At about that time the first 2 hits are kickin n, and u just blew out a massive cloud of the 3rd one... most pleasure any drug can ever give swim.

12. SpeedyDreamer

SpeedyDreamer Newbie

Reputation Points:

AMEN BROTHER!!!

13. Mr.E.Charlie

Mr.E.Charlie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    never tried meth , I use amphetamine though , and snorting is SWIM's favourite admin method , and if I was going to do meth , I would snort , definatly .

14. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    smokin on tin foil sucks. the heat of the substance burns holes in the foil causing it to flash, ruining it. If smoking from glass pipe you'll never be able to stop, it can be very addictive, not physically but mentally.

snorting hurts like heck but it keeps you up longer and because of the pain involved , a person would be less prone to doing it every 5 minutes

15. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim says Snort is the best, smoke is dumb. Injecting is niice.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  16. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim's nose can't handle the snort anymore but it hits fastest. Swim prefers to smoke it in a glass tube not aluminum. Not as jittery a feeling.

17. icesculptedlife

icesculptedlife Newbie

Reputation Points:
    After trying both methods many times, I would have to say snort!!! Despite what many people say snorting delivers a much more instant high. Many users I have talked to agree that when they first smoked meth they didn't even realize they were high until the next day......It kind of creeps up on you.......whereas when they snorted it, there was a feeling of instant bliss. I have been using meth for a while and smoking it is a waste of time for me. I can smoke 3 or 4 points in an hour and go to sleep whereas .5 of a point through the nose keeps me going for hours.....plus it's not as anti-social as smoking.....you can do a bump anywhere alot easier than pulling out a pipe and smoking up

18. SpeedyDreamer

SpeedyDreamer Newbie

Reputation Points:

If thats so, than You must not have ever had anything good. SWISD makes what he calls "3 toke dope" 3 tokes in the morning and 3 tokes after work is all anybody needs. Asleep by 2am up by 6am. Been on that routine for about 5 years. Any more than that is just a waste. He knows people who would sit in one spot and smoke bowl after bowl and say this is not any good. Well SWISD can do the same. If some tweekers will get off their asses and move just a little they will find that some dope that they thought was no good suddenly is running wild through their system. Try this, the same stuff you say is no good, take 3 good hits out of a glass bowl, run as far as you can, walk back, then see if it's still no good.

19. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    I would say its due to either A) the person doesn't know how to smoke B) His shit sucks C) They took small hits at a time....

Theres no reason why snorting should be more intense, besides its all going to arive in the brain near the same time, where as smoking a person usually wont take it all in 1 hit.

Theres 2 ways to smoke tweak outa a glass pipe that will get you high, but one does it ALOT better.

Put all the shit you're gonna smoke in the pipe, heat it up to where it all melts and forms a puddle at the bottom of the bowl, take the heat off for about 30 seconds and let it recystalize in that puddle formation, THEN hit it has you normaly would besides with your fingers rotate the glass back and forth to make the puddle rock back and forth, just about 1/4 inch each or less.

You will never take a bigger hit than that.

20. methMADMAN

methMADMAN Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    To swim's mind, smoke = waste, snort = waste, that's why I shot it. No waste there at all, nothing lost in swim's nose, nothing blown out into the air....and all the dose RIGHT NOW like.

That