Snorted for the first time - not really feeling it?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by j_jax, Aug 28, 2006.

1. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I takes adderall recreationally whenever available but had never snorted it before. She took (not snorted) 40mg XR last night at 7pm and felt it really wearing off around 5am so decided to snort some. I snorted 20mg XR about 35-40 minutes ago and not really feeling much. Not sure if its because she only snorted 20mg or because it was XR or what. And yes, she did crush the beads up into a fine powder.

SWIM hears when snorting adderall it should kick in pretty quickly so she is just wondering if anyone has some insight.

Assuming its because it was XR but not positive.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From My experience he would snort an addy and get slight effects, but it usually really hits ya after like 2 hours.
    During the whole time did You still not experience any effects?
    Perhaps You have a natural tolerance, and 20mg isn't enough?
    Could also be a slight tolerance from the last time You took adderall.

3. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey Nahbus, I felt it a little but it never hit her like she was wanting it to. Also gave her a slight headache but nothing all that bad. I think its that I didnt snort enough and also that it was the XR beads which I guess arent as effective when snorted. Thing is, SWIM liked snorting it as opposed to taking it orally. Not sure why, its probably the druggie in her, lol. Anyway, I snorted it 5 hours ago and its already completely done with, shes just left with that headache.

She was taking it orally for a couple straight weeks up until a week ago and built up a tolerance a lot quicker than expected. It started out with her taking about 30-40mg a day with the occasional redose if she didnt feel like sleeping, and ended up where 60mg would barely affect her. But since it'd been a week since she'd been on it she thought her tolerance would've gone back down a bit. Guess not!

I am gonna snort her last 30mg in the next few minutes, I'll report back.

4. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, I am the same way with snorting things.
    Definately make sure it's the finest powder You have ever seen in your life when you crush it. Then, when you thinks it's crushed enough.. crush it some more.
    Good luck, hope You hits the spot! :)

5. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Adderall XR isn't very well-suited for insufflation because the binders affect the absorption. To break the binders, one must crush up all the little beads into powder (Swim usually takes the handle of a butterknife, a blunt wrap tube, or something similarly shaped and dumps the beads into a shot glass and grinds away until the binders are broken and it's poweder). Even after this, the binders are still in there, but not attached to the beads as much. Insufflation can be done, but isn't optimal. It's probably best absorbed by crushing the beads and then taking a small bit of a paper towel or other paper and swallowing. When one takes a 20mg XR, 10mg of adderall is released and the other 10mg is not realeased until hours later. But, if one breaks all the binders then most, if not all, of the 20mg will be absorbed at the same time.

Edit: I see You knows all about the crushing now, so nevermind about that. But, the subpar effects are most likely due to the fact that it's XR.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would bet sublingual ingestion would work quite well.

7. Pokey

Pokey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    parachute (<

8. Pokey

Pokey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    SWIM personaly snortes adderall. If SWIM were to take 2 30 mg adderall (not XR) he would wake up with a stomach ache the next morning

9. speedman

speedman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I always found it to work way better orally taken.

10. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, in my experience it does work better taken orally. But personally for SWIM she just likes snorting it more than swallowing the pills.

11. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Whats weird?

12. ponygirl

ponygirl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I don't think it's wierd to snort things. I find she likes to do that. Hehe.

13. Pokey

Pokey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Thats not weird... I know people that would prefer to shoot up rather than snorting, smoking, ect.... its just their preference. I think U4IA Intoxicated is new to drugs... :smoking: