1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - snorting clonazepam vs. IV

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by potato le hat, Jun 25, 2012.

1. potato le hat

potato le hat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello i read a lot of post about IV benzo, and i came to trhe conclusion i should snort it. I just have a question is the time of action is lesser when snorting than oraly and how long , for clonazepam.

ps. i fund clonazepam to work for 10 to 12 hour orally

2. TheM777

TheM777 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Benzos are NOT water soluble, which means that snorting them is absolutely pointless, since the material cannot dissolve across the mucous (water) membrane. The result will be a probably lessened effect than taking orally because some of the powder will be stuck in the nostrils. The body can only absorb benzos in the stomach and small intestine. IV injection of benzos is dangerous (again, not water soluble) because it can permanently damage your veins.

3. kenny fn powers

kenny fn powers

Reputation Points:
    snorting benzos does work it just doesnt last as long as when taken orally i have sniffed benzos b4 and it does work just b safe with them and dont mix them with other drugs gd luck and b safe kp

4. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Snorting benzos, in particular clonazepam, is a complete waste, as bioavailability is highest (by far) when ingesting them, no need to look any further. Effects will be less when snorted (if present at all, most people stating that the effects are very weak to non-existent when snorting benzos), and it probably will clog up one's nose...useless.

As for IV'ing benzos, unless one has access to the injectable solution or IV kit (the product plus one or two solvents to be mixed right before injection), it's a complete no-go and might be dangerous from what i understand (as in pushing undissolved solids through your veins dangerous...), for the same reasons snorting is uneffective: most benzos are completely insoluble in water.

Clonazepam is amongst those, there is an injectable solution on the market and it might be ok to IV that, but it is very dangerous, maybe even deadly to inject any other form of clonazepam than that particular preparation.

5. Eya724

Eya724 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Because of the insoluabe properties of benzodiazepines (pills), snorting and injecting are not useful. But if you want a faster onset or a higher peak concentration, sublingual is (IMO) the best method followed by parachuting. Clonazepam is by far the best tasting, then valium. Personally, I just couldn't stand the taste of sublingual xanax.

6. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Indeed, some benzos have no flavour at all, like flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) for example, which is therefore often used as a date rape drug. Others are pretty bitter, like xanax, which in turn is not a true benzodiazepine (but close enough though). I am unsure about sublingual use, as many doctors who prescribe xanax for panic attacks will insist that the patient "chews" it before swallowing, thus allowing a quicker onset, but i have no clue wether some benzos will make it through the mucus in your mouth to the vascular system or not. I'd tend to believe that swallowing the saliva containing high concentrations of a given susbtance is responsible for the quicker onset.

7. canadia

canadia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I just put Clonazepam under my tongue for the first time...WHY DOES IT TASTE MINTY?! hahaha is it normal for it to make my tongue like...cold? I feel like I just smoked a menthol cigarette or something...

8. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    menthol flavoring more likely then not.

9. Eya724

Eya724 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes. saliva contains enzymes for digestion. I've always thought that it helps the active ingredient begin to metabolize faster, and the blood vessels under your tongue absorb faster too. I never thought about it too much, but I've always that. Also, the enzymes in saliva are great for breaking down blood stains (small ones). Works best before a blood stain sets though.

Tags: