1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - snorting crack / freebase cocaine

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by icemaster, Sep 6, 2004.

1. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I realize most of you will just say, use powder instead, but suppose I had a supply of freebase but wanted to snort it instead of smoking it. If I managed to cut it up in a fine enough powder, would it absorb through my nasal membranes? Now I don't know a whole lot about the chemistry of cocaine/freebase, but it is my understanding that when making 'crack', the Cocaine HCL is first desolved in water and the baking soda reacts with the HCL leaving the crack/freebase as a percipitate. This would seem to indicate that freebase will not disolve in water; if this is true, freebase would not absorb through the very moist nasal membranes and into the liquid bloodstream. However, having tried this before (snorting finely chopped up base) I did seem to get an effect...

2. bride

bride

Reputation Points:
    You can't do that, but you can convert back to HCL and do it.

My dood gave me some rock he cooked up and I converted it back. If you do a google search or maybe on b-light you can find the instructions on how to do it.

3. tomuel

tomuel

Reputation Points:
    snorting crack

Some friends of mine scored some powdered crack and they
    railed it. They had never done crack before. They said that they
    got really shaky and nervous and it was pretty scary. This isn't
    what I've heard crack is supposed to be like. Does railing it
    have a different effect? Also, would it work alright to just smoke
    the crack powder on top of some weed in a pipe?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Doh! Crack is supposed to be smoked, not railed. If it was really crack, they did a rather dumb thing. I'm surprised it had any effect, as it doesn't dissolve easily on the mucus membranes. May not have been crack at all.
    Ummm... yeah, sumpin like snorting cigarette tobacco. [​IMG]
    Uhh, let's just say it would work better than railing it! [​IMG]

Gee willikers, no offense but your friends need some Ginkgo Biloba or something to get the blood flowing to their brains.Edited by: Nicaine

5. tomuel

tomuel

Reputation Points:
    Oh. The kid they got it from didn't really know anything about
    crack. He just stole some crack rocks from his uncle or
    something and crushed them up and sold them. At least that's
    what he says. From what they're saying, though, it sounds like it
    had a pretty strong effect on them.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Tell 'em to either smoke it or leave it alone. Like I said, railing it is like emptying a cigarette and snorting the tobacco. It may have had a strong effect, but it's a weird misuse of the stuff. It could potentially harm or kill a person if railed... it could get stuck in the bronchial tubes of the lungs & all sorts of nasty crap like that.Edited by: Nicaine

7. Mezza

Mezza

Reputation Points:
    The whole point of smoking coke is to get a high dose of the chemical into your body very quickly. It has to be converted to crack first as normal cocaine hydrochloride doesn't vaporize well.

Snorting crack is a waste as someone's gone to the effort of converting the hydrochloride into a form that can be smoked, and then gone back to ingesting it by a relatively slow absorption method (snorting).

8. Desa

Desa

Reputation Points:
    So i had to get some coke through a middle man, and he gave me a 2 gram sack of what is most probably ground up crack. I dont want to smoke it, but what will the effects of snorting it be like.

9. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak

Reputation Points:
    Because it is freebase, it is not water soluble. Due to this fact it will not be absorbed by the mucus membranes
    Edited by: PenguinPhreak

10. Desa

Desa

Reputation Points:
    So cocaine is water soluable, and crack is not. yea, cause i put the crack in water to test if it was coke or not and nothing happened to it.

11. Softrat

Softrat

Reputation Points:
    Unless you want to try converting it back to a salt your best bet is to just smoke it like a man.

I'm not sure that freebases are not water soluble however[​IMG]. I think they are just much less soluble than the salts. Maybe if you snorted a very small amount it would eventualy absorb?

You could grind it up very fine and put it in a Coca-cola and experience the drink the way it was first made[​IMG].

12. Danc9552003

Danc9552003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    [using] Snorting crushed up crack

SWIM could of sworn he saw a thread on here about somebody trying to snort crack when it was all broken up... Anyways, SWIM received some coke the other day that was all powder, when usually from his connect it's all big soft rocks. SWIM and his buddy checked it out, and it looked kinda ok, but being so much powder it seemed kinda clumpy. So SWIM and his buddy did a nice line, burned more than usual and had a very odd taste when it dripped. Of course SWIM went home and smoked his, which worked great and smoked just fine. Oh yeah, SWIM said the coke/crack had a pink tint to it in the light, and SWIM knows nobody can tell him what exactly it was but does anybody have any ideas??? Hopefully this info can give SWIM some insight on this. Thanks :)

13. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Snorting crushed up crack

AFAIK, crack cannot be insufflated. At least, not to any psychoactive effect. It is not soluble in water and so won't absorb in your nasal passages.

14. tayo

tayo

Reputation Points:

swim knows people who have gotten high off snorting crack... it mustve been the drip just absorbing through the stomach. and maybe it wasn't all in base form or cut with something else.

15. Danc9552003

Reputation Points:

Yeah, SWIMs buddies said it gave them a 'cracked out feeling', but SWIM still thinks it could have been cut some some other drug and they just had it in their mind it was crack. But either way... Any other suggestions? Thanks!

16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:

well the pink color can be atributed to a cutting agent, almost certainly a B comlpex vitamin, very common cut since it is not dangerious but does add a weird tint. although swim is far from an expert of on coke he has heard of ppl snorting crack, although not nearly as effective, swim's friend said it can be done....again not an expert

17. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:

swim would suggest checking this thread out first : conversion of crack to cocaine :
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29470

indeed, as darawk pointed out, when mixed with a base such as baking soda crack isn't really water soluble enough to be absorbed through the mucous membrane. the physical consistancy of this cocaine was probably due to the cutting agents used and rerocking techniques or whatever. Or it was indeed crack.
    another thing, when syour buddies mention "a cracked out feeling", crack effects are basically be just a very intense cocaine high, since what freebase cocaine does is multiply the speed and level of absorbtion of cocaine into the bloodstream by using the lungs, instead of the nose mucous membranes. Crack = more cocaine into the blood, faster. hence the intensity, and very hard to mimick with insufflated powder cocaine. The only thing which is slightly similar in terms of absorbtion into the blood stream is actually injection.

b

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  18. Danc9552003

Reputation Points:

That's what SWIM was trying to tell his buddies, it's basically all the same drug, just more intense. So when his buddies said that he just thought whatever, they are just bitching. SWIM would be pissed off too if he got something not expected, but that wasn't here nor there. Thanks for all the replies :D

19. PetSounds

PetSounds

Reputation Points:
    If acetone is available, simply put the coke in a shot glass, add equal ammount of acetone and mix, whatever stays undissolved should be filtered and discarded
    Then you make a 1:1 ethanol-hcl acid solution.. say 5 ml each.
    and you add this solution to the acetone dropwise just until no more salts precipitate. Filter and dry..

Or one could simply pour some drops of lemon juice (pulp filtered), just enough to wet all the crack and then some ethanol over that. Dry under warm ventilation to evaporate it faster...

Obviously go with the first option,, it gets rid of A LOT of cuts indeed...

PetSounds added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

I meant freebase coke, right, dissolve it in warm and anhydrous acetone, cuts stay undissolved. And after turning that cleaner freebase into HCL, lots of cuts will dissolve in the acetone as well, while Coke HCL will not...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012