Snorting heroin: can it lead to addiction?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    [Please note: This thread was started before the self-incrimination rule came in- Dickon]

I've been snorting heroin off and on for about two months. I've read and heard that the process toa full addiction is irresistable and always inevitable. I'm not sure if I am convinced. I usually use once a week, two bags or so, and then slowly suffer through the mild withdrawl symptons over the proceeding days. The funny thing is, however, although I like the experience of the drug,I am not terribly enthralled with it. I guess it's more about just having something interesting to do each weak in spite of the same old routine. How long can I continue to use in this manner?I don't really intend to stop anytime soon and I do not feel addicted in the sense depicted by the masses of drug "experts". I feel as though I've not lost control.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    It is called heroin, because you feel in control. The answer to your question is: shortly. Please be careful. I have seen to many peoples lives destroyed.

See here for a full overview of threads about snorting heroin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  3. PetRockStealer

PetRockStealer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LOL, try to stop yourself from using fro 30 days. f**king opiates.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Been there, done that. You should stop taking heroin right now! You cant see what is going to happen because you have not yet been there. I dont know what your history with other drugs, including alcohol, has been ,but people generally dont start with heroin unless they have addictive personalities. You have probably tried plenty of other drugs. I started out like you. I had a good life; carreer, family, health, self esteem. I had been sober for over 10 years. When I got back into drugs & drinking I quickly picked up dope. At first I just snorted it a little. By the end I was shooting it mixed with coke. The last time I did it I overdosed and am only alive to tell about it because a kind stranger performed CPR for 20 minutes until the paramedics showed up. Now I am sober again for 11 months. I pray every day to stay sober. I thank God every day for sparing my life. I will pray that you do not have to travel the road I did. It is PAINFUL! Go to AA and ask for help if you think you need help to stop. Best of luck

Regards from an older and hopefully wiser version of you.

5. mars

mars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I said the same things to myself 10 years ago.. 3 months after snorting I was shooting up 10-15 times a day.. then I started shooting dope and coke and was fixing all day and all night.. I was a strung out junkie for 8 years. been clean now 2 yrs and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do

do yourself a HUGE favor and stop snorting dope.. there's no such thing as being a casual user.. it just feels too good

6. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from U.S.A.
    Tell you what..... go ahead and quit your job, tell all of your friends and faimly to take a hike, trash your relationship with the one that means the world to you, go and rob a bank and then go and turn yourself in. Save yourself the trouble. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. just telling you the truth, ask anyone. STAY AWAY FROM HERION.............................................................

7. Mask

Mask Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I also at the beginning of my heroin usage, snorted heroin a couple times a week. I did this, and also suffered thru the "mild" withdrawls. After 3 years of that, it finally got me. And it will get you too, and you will remember me telling you this, and you will say "I should have listened to that guy"...

8. realitybias

realitybias Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    yea shit is pretty badHOLLYWOOD pretty mUCH SUMS IT UP the only thing worse is crack that will end your life so be smart stop now ><unless u like to stay up for 1 or two weeks comin off is pissin out your ass cold sweats violent shakes indulge yourself

9. SmackAddict

SmackAddict Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've either been on heroin or methadone the last 10 years (I'm 32 years old) I have no veins left, although I still manage to find one every once in a while if i have new rig... I actually just did a shot about 10 minutes ago (couldnt get a vein, just a small trickle of blood)- tomorrow is payday... 29 hrs till I get my check and I have enough dope for one small shot - i know I'll probably leave work early today, before the pawn shops close so I can pawn 5 dvd's that one of my best friends loaned me the other day (i'll get them out after i cash my paycheck and get a fix but I will feel guilty about pawning them nonetheless) needless to say, my life sucks and I have to wear long sleeve shirts every day because everyone thinks I'm clean, including my roomates... If they found out the sh!t would hit the fan... So quit now, I suggest finding a doctor who will prescribe you Lortab 10mg (hydrocodone) and Xanax or Klonopin and cough syrup such as hycodan, tussionex, or prometh with codeine... I go to 3 different doctors and get all this crap every month (plenty of it) I sell about half of it in order to to have cash for my heroin... Quit while your ahead or you will end up like me: depressed, strung out, hepatitis C and basically nothing to live for except my next high... speaking of high... I'm going to shoot the rest of my bag right nowand worry about scoring later, I'll figure something out. I always do... I hope I find a vein this time - my arms and feet HURT from missing (skin pop) adios!

10. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Haha, yea that last one seemed to well written. Anyways, these people know what they are talking about. You better kick the shit while you can cause soon you will not be able to. Each day it gets harder and it all leads to the needle eventually.

11. star61016

star61016 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seriously take it from someone who knows. . .about 2 or 3 years ago i was doing herion on and off. . .after about 3 months i was a full blown junkie. I always thought i would just snort it once and awhile. . .at the end I was banging at least 10 to 20 bags a day if not more. i lost everything good in my life. i am now in a halfway house because i went threw trestment for my addiction. please i am not trying to preach because i am the last one to do that kinda shit, but i can almost guarentee you that in the near future you will become very addicted to herion and feel like you need it just to live. my reccomendation is you stop while your ahead so you dont end up like my!

12. iAiNtSkErReD

iAiNtSkErReD Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you have any sort of plans for your future you need to stop now...it has torn my whole family apart because of one persons addiction...she is in and out of prison evry other month...heroin is all she knows and all she wantts to know she will never have a normal life...and worst of all she was so addicted that she couldnt even stop for the poor unborn child in her stomach..now the baby suffers and she doesnt care as long as she still has the most important thing in her life...not her baby but her HEROIN...so please stop

13. a_m3

a_m3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From a person who is watching her mother stuggle for her life, please stop. I don't know anything about you but I can give you a little insight to what the past few months have been like for my mother and she has only been using for 10 months. It started out as casual use....right now she is lying in a medical critical care unit because they cannot manage to get her pulse rate any higher than the 40's. She has stolen money from me, broken into our house to take the money, is on the verge of loosing her job, she has no money left, friends have walked away and I fight myself every day not to walk away. Let's see, some of her withdraw symptoms that I have experienced are severe stomach cramping, diahrrrea, she now has incontinance, severe headaches, blurred vision, now needs help walking and the list goes on.

This is my mother's story. She ONLY used for 10 months, her life no longer seems to be her own. Please don't make this your life. If you can get out now PLEASE do it. I couldn't wish this life on my worst enemy. Don't loose everything before you decide that you may not have the control over the drug that you think that you have...

14. AngelEyes

AngelEyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    IT IS NOT MORE ADDICTIVE THAN COCAINE. that was probably the stupidest thing I've ever read. Seriously I doubt most of you telling your personal horror stories have ever used it. and stop blaming addiction on the drug, it doesn't stick a needle in your arm YOU DO.

Sorry but Heroin does lead to these disasters and a lot worse, take that from someone who's been there. heroin is more addictive than Cocaine because not only do you get mental withdrawals but it is physical as well, beleave me, you have not felt pain until you have gone through this.

I don't know if your either a kid or just plain stupid but Heroin is "addictive" look it up in the dictionary some time....once you are addicted you don't care because you "have" to have it, so yes the Heroin does make you use the needle in a way.

To be completely honest, I'd rather die than go through the pain of addiction and withdrawal again.

So before you post again please look heroin up on the net so you know what your talking about.

I'm sorry but your nothing but a damn fool who's stupid posts could cause someone there life.

Wake up to yourself and open your eyes, you may just see what Heroin really does to lives.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  15. mogleydawg

mogleydawg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dude,

Please just save yourself the trouble and put it down. I started about 12 years ago just smoking it. Then a few years later, believe it or not, I started shooting it on the weekends for a few months then quit and just went back to smoking it and somtimes snorting it. Well that lasted until about 6 months ago. I started slamming it again and it was on. Until yesterday I was up to 3 grams / day with a 1/2 gram of coke thrown in for good measure. Yesterday my world came down as I got popped with a loaded rig on federal property and god know's how much time I'm looking at. Just quit dude.

16. lips

lips Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you obviously haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about, and whatangers me is that while it's obvious you're ignorant on the subject, your post would likely instigate the person who made the original inquiry to take heroin use lightly, as he/she is likely looking for any reason to continue using. heroin causes horrible physical withdrawls, that is fact. while it isn't as addictivePSYCHOLOGICALLY as crack,PHYSIOLOGICALLY, withdrawls from crack are slim to none (i never experienced anything other than anxiety and craving, but some claim to have very mild physical symptoms), whereas the physical aspect of heroin withdrawls are beyond me to describe. i've never experienced anything quite as painful and uncomfortable as coming off heroin.it's the least physically harmful drug known to man? are you being facetious? i'm having a hard time taking your post seriously, but if you are being serious someone shoulddo the world a favor, and remove you from the gene pool so as tosmite the utter stupidity youobviously posess. i hope that no one heeds your advice. furthermore in my experience, every last junky i know leads the same lifestyle... in and out ofthe legal system because they have to hussle or what have you in order to be lucrative enough to support their habit, in and out ofmedical institutions as even if they stay clean for awhile always revert back, have had two friends who have died after relapse,many have hepatitis... these horror stories you are denying ARE the rule rather than the exception if the person is a full blown junky. i suppose it's debatable like anything else, but to do so would be frivolous as you've obviously absolutely no experience. and i have no advice for the one seeking it because it doesn't matter if a billion people relate their horror stories in regards to heroin addiction because you'll likely continue to use anyway neglecting any subjective advice. i know this to be true personally, and it's the chronological order of things to begin by snorting, claiming you'll never get addicted, that you'll never use a needle, even so far as saying you've a phobia of needles, then one day your tolerance isn't agreeable, and you inevitably impede upon previous morals, then you become a junky willing to do most anything to remain 'normal' not even getting high,attemp to getclean, relapse, saying, your catch phrase being.. 'just one more bag.'

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  17. hookups454

hookups454 Guest

Reputation Points:
    I too startedusing with my friends on the weekends, just using casually. My friend who used to sell kind buds started getting other drugs to slang and it happen to be h. I thought i could try and have fun with it just like any other hard drugs i ever tryed. I had the hookup on this new drug in town and was one of the few who could get it so i was hookin everyone up and they would bump me out a line. My best friend would always buy a bundle on the weekends and i would get high for free. Well needles to say i had started seeing this girl who i was in love with and i turned her on to some. well almost 3 yrs later we are still using all of my friends are in jail, their is hepatitice and hiv going around town. i am scared to get tested, even though i snort i have banged here and there but i didnt like shooting, i only ever shot a handfull of times and went back to snorting everyone said that it was impossible to go back but it was easy for me my g/f i dont feel like the same person anymore, i feel like a zombie or something im not in control anymore. I used to tell myself that i was different than the rest and i would never end up a junkie. It doesnt matter weather u snort or shoot eventually u will hit rock bottom and realize u f**ked ur life up for good or u will seek some kind of help. Ive been snorting for 2 yrs and i feel like their is no hope for me. I cant picture life without heroin. its the only thing that makes me happy, its the only thing i look forward to. I am going through withdrawl right now and im starting to get the cold chills. yesterday we drained my girlfriends moms bank account and she had to tell her mom that she has a problem now she will have to move out of town with her mom and i am left here jonsing my ass off felling suicidal depressed my back is killing me i can sleep or hold still i feel like i am going crazy. Its hard to explain to someone what withdrawl feels like its the worst feeling u could ever feel...its like ur losing someone close to you. But i am going to quit because i dont ever wanna feel like this again and i think that i have the determination to do it.

18. gbmiller4

gbmiller4 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't fool yourself,Snorting Heroin will kill you....My husband died 5-23-04. He started snorting Herion in October of 2003 . He used it on weedends only too.I tried to tell him repeatedly that it was going to kill him, because I saw the depressed breathing. Which is very scary, to someone who loves you.

Anyway on Mothers day I told him if he did not stop doing this, me and my children would leave him. He never told me he would not use it again. But he was tearing our family apart. And the weekend my daughter was graduating college ,we were really busy with family in town and parties. And he kept telling me he was sick, but what he was doing was staying up all night snorting it. I woke up that Sunday to find him dead in his computer chair,the very day she was to graduate. I found five empty bags in the garbage. I know what killed him. I am so ashamed and heartbroken ,I could not tell his mom. I told his brother and he choose not to tell the family.

Today I went and pickup his ashes in a box. We had been married 26 years with 5 kids. And he chose Heroin over us. And I am soooo angry and heartbroken. I know he did not want to die,he just made BAD choices.

I hope someone reads this and it helps you ,choose your family over Heroin......

19. Lisa J

Lisa J Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Snorting ’H’

Thank you gbmiller4, you gave SWIM another very good reason to quit heroin, SWIM don't want SWIM'S mother to find her dead and to have to bury her. All My start of using in a controlled manner, but heroin creeps up on you and one day you're in control and the next you are not, once it's got you it's got you for life, even if you get clean you will always want it deep down, it's the greatest pleasure. I got clean for 10 years and still went back, you're never free.

20. Leftöver Crack

Leftöver Crack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Re: Snorting heroin

listen to this guy. the end.

Leftöver Crack added 8 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

1. heroin leads to the disaster stories more often than not. else you ain't been around enough junkies.

2. the physical harm of it IS low if used safely but the addiction potential is HIGH. no one is talking safety. we're talking addiction. no one stops dope because it's bad for them, they stop because everything else in their life is gone.

3. depends on what is harder for you to deal with; the physical or the mental. cocaine is SOLELY a mental addiction; there's no physical addiction. dope is BOTH physical and mental. i.e. dope IS more addictive.

read up son.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.