Snorting - Snorting Kief

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Colby, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just got some kief and they were wondering, would it ever be possible to snort kief???? Crazy, yes. But what if....

any 1 know if this is possible?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    of course it's possible. you can snort sand, crushed rocks, sugar, and crushed glass too.

keif is plant material and is nowhere near a chemical to place up your nose. no snorting keif won't get you high. no, it probalby won't kill you. yes, you will most likely get a sinus infection if you snort a lot of keif.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't see anything wrong with snorting the crystals if you can seperate them. I don't think snorting the plant material would be all that bad either. Remember, there is snortable "snuff" tobacco and it works just fine without causing more problems than smoking or chewing. Please report back with your experience if you choose to try it out.

4. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried it, I said it was AWFUL. But did feel a mild high.... not worth it though, the snorting process is awful. Burns a little, and tough to get all the greens up there sticks inside of nose.

5. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I think this would be more worthwhile for those with little or no tolerance. A small, finely powderized amount of bud would probably provide a decent buzz. It would produce no smell which can be a big bonus.

6. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are a lot of things to consider here. First of all THC isn't
    active until it has been heated. Second due to the fact THC isn't water
    soluble, there is no way you could absorb it via the mucus membranes in
    your nose. Snorting kief is not going to cause any sort of significant
    high, at best you might get a mild buzz from the drip.

7. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would describe it as above exactly, and it did not hit them right away, but it was a mild buzz that lasted for quite a while, not a really intense high, but a mild nice one that lasted for almost 2 hours...

8. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    THC does not have to be heated to be activated. Hash for example can be eaten.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Why would you snort kief when you can just press it and smoke it?

10. Dexy Mcfukfuk

Dexy Mcfukfuk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it wouldnt work, as penguinphreak wrote THC is not water soluable, meaning that it will not be absorbed through the membranes in your nose. Same reason that you have never heard of anyone injecting it.

Besides, smoking is the fastest and most potent method of delivery, even faster then injection.However it does probablydestroy some of the thc molecules so maybe if there was a way toshoot ityou'd get more bang for you buck.

11. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Do yourself and everyone with you a favor and smoke it.

12. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It was a simple question bro, I did 1 line of the kief and nearly died... not litterally... but smoking the greens is better than snortin em.

13. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Smoking does destroy around 40% of the THC from what I remember. This is the most used method of use though because its simple and quick. Besides, who doesn't like participating in the toking of a joint or pipe?

Personally, I see no use in a shooting method. Why go through the risks and trouble of shooting something that is just fine the way it is? It probably wouldn't be to hard to get a pure form of THC, and I'm sure the medical community has done it many times. The average pot head would not have the knowlege or tools needed to go through with the process though.

14. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

HAHA, not a good idea to say the least.

15. HippieFuzz

HippieFuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    AFOAF Did it.
    Not the greatest experience he had.
    He did it twice the first time everything was ok. He didnt seem any higher.
    The second time he got sick and their always seems to be a "hangover" to it.
    Very strange.
    Oh and when he got sick he got realy tired and threw up. So w/e.
    He's not doing it again.

16. Music15201

Music15201 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you don't snort tobacco. snuff is just a fine cut of dip. they make long cut and fine cut, otherwise known as snuff. you just stick it in your lip.

17. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Can you please cite a source for this? I am sure that a certain percentage of the active cannabinoids in a smoked sample are destroyed by pyrolysis, but 40% seems awfully high...

To clarify, the lack of water solubility of THC (though, it is remotely soluble, just not significantly) will prevent it from being efficiently ingested via the nasal cavity.

Additionally, why would one want to do this? and dont say because it is faster or more efficient. Inhalation is second only to intravenous administration in terms of efficiency and speed. Inhaled psychoactives bypass the heart and are pumped directly to the brain, avoiding primary first-pass metabolism. The active ingredients reach the brain via the bloodstream in less than 1 minute following inhalation. Snorting psychoactives does not result in this kind of speed. Perhaps seeking a bit of pain to result in an endorphin release?

Final word: No.

18. Cryptic Concoction

Cryptic Concoction Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    "If the whole cigarette was smoked in one puff the percentage of THC in the mainstream increased to 69%. About 30% is assumed to be destroyed by pyrolysis. With smoking, additional THC is lost in the butt, in sidestream smoke, and by incomplete absorption in the lungs. Smoking a pipe that produces little sidestream smoke may also result in high effectiveness, with 45% of THC transferred via the mainstream smoke in one smoker tested."

- "Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Cannabis." Franjo Grotenhermen

Given that this is an assumption, as well as an estimate, I would be interested to see the estimates of other sources.

While some snuff is intended for oral transmucosal administration, nasal snuff, as the name implies, is intended for intranasal delivery. Dry snuff has been traditionally intended to be administered intranasally, while wet snuff is intended for administration via the oral mucous membranes.

However, it should be noted that the fact that nicotine can be administered intranasally does not establish that it would be efficacious or efficient to administer THC intranasally. While nicotine is sufficiently water soluble, THC is only minimally water soluble (as shampoo noted).

As Shampoo stated, inhalation is a more rapid and efficient route of administration than intranasal, so I do not see the advantage of administering THC intranasally--even if it were more water soluble.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  19. Rocketjones

Rocketjones Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When it comes to snorting kief "just say no."

In fact You can snort tobacco. I believe it's called sniff snuff.

20. gmeziscool2354

gmeziscool2354 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    nah, you definityl stick snuff up your nose. you don't snort it like coke, you sort of breathe it in then blow it out. it used to be mad popular near taneytown, MD, where swim once visisted. he had never seen it before, but one weekend he was @ a foodlion there and saw a few men sitting outside doing it. its not snorting like coke tho. they took a pinch and put it on their finger tip and did it that way