1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - Snorting oxycodone doesn't get me high.

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by Apocrypha8, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Apocrypha8

Apocrypha8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    On about two occasions SWIM has tried to snort 15mg of oxycodone, and recieved no high. What was he doing wrong?

2. KonvictedPKU

KonvictedPKU Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    first off, snorting is not the best route of entry for oxycodone, you will get much better effects from swallowing it (especially crushed) the oral bioavailibility is about 20% higher when taken orally. also, if you have been doing this for awhile your tolerance could very well have gone up which would mean you need a higher dose. i know it sucks but it is inevitable. to get the best out of your dose, take 2 tums 30 min. before then drink with a carbonated beverage. it has always worked for me and yields the best results. hope that helps

3. DillyD

DillyD Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM has always blown roxi's as opposed to swallowing. SWIM did not realize swallowing had a larger BA. SWIM has resorted to plugging roxi's as opposed to snorting. Does rectal administration of oxy have a better BA than orally? Or is oral administration of roxi the best ROA other than banging it?

When SWIM was strictly snorting roxi 30's, he needed at least 90mg at once to even start to achieve a high, so I assume now that if 90mg crushed and swallowed would have been a stronger high than when SWIM snorted 90mg?

4. usually0

usually0 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    Yep, I found the same thing. Oral is better IMO.

5. Roll1N

Roll1N Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Maybe you need more than 15mg? How's your tolerance level? Snorting should get you higher than taking them orally, but they should also wear off faster.

Although swim likes taking them orally better because he doesn't like getting a stuffy nose and he'd rather have his high last longer.