1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by kyndfolk, Jul 7, 2004.

1. kyndfolk

kyndfolk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is this safe? how many would you have to snort ot get the same affect as taking 2-3 pills?

2. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    OxyCodone is hillbilly heroin.I would start off with one if it's your first time.Take it easy though and don't over-do it.

3. kyndfolk

kyndfolk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so, its safe to snort it then?

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't snort oxycodone pills unless it is in a form that is free of acetominophin/APAP.

oxycontin, which is a common name brand that does not contain acetominiphin can be snorted.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male
    yeah, if its Oxycodone, thats means is generic andmay contain other shit.= BAD.

If it's OxyContin, then it's pure oxycodone, I guess. = GOOD.

So only snort oxycontin. Or try it out and tell us what happens.

6. Geetered

Geetered Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah you can snort it... if its percocet or something like that i wouldnt reccomend it, but oxycontin and roxicodone are good

7. babygirl

babygirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes deffenetley you can snort them i am on it already 2 years that is best if u did not try it yet for you will be fine like ox 20 or half of 40 then you can go up but never do whole 80 immediatly it can kill you .

8. beach986

beach986 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if one were to peel the coating off a 40, crush it up into a powder, and carve out small lines, you can snort it. Unlike blow, it doesn't turn you into a fiend where you need another bigger rail over and over and don't want to stop until you run out.

Cool buzz for some --the relatively mellow trip rocks. For some people like my hypothetical friend who we're talking about here, experience the side effect of allergic-like itching. Intensely. Everywhere. Which sucks badly. It is HIGHLY addictive though -- "my friend" was warned by many, including the person who sold it to him, to be cautious. Caveat emptor.

9. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male
    ^^^Surprisingly enough the itch is a sought after trait in most opiates. With enough experience they eventually go away, and one will actually yearn for the "itchies".

Yes, you can snort oxys. In fact you can snort any pill that you can powder, but that doesn't mean that you should. If you have the name brand coated pills you should be ok. These are the pills that come in strengths of 20, 40, and 80 mg. Scrape off the coating, powder, and enjoy. Be warned that the pill is mostly various buffers and will have ill effects on your sinuses over time, but if you don't plan on doing this regularly than you should be alright. As others have said, I don't recommend you snort anything less than a 20mg pill as the larger 5, 7.5, and 10 mg pills have waaaay too much buffers in them to be worth it.

Oxycodone is surprisingly well absorbed orally, so you should expect the effects from intranasal administration to be more immediate but of relatively the same intensity. A good metric would be to consider intranasal administration to be 25% more powerful than oral, although this figure is generous. This is necessary just for the safety factor considering the plasma concentration from an insulfated dose will reach peak much quicker, and when you're not used to this it can really affect you. So as was stated previously, take it slow.

~KT

10. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    For those who detest the itch, take a benydryl beforehand.

11. beach986

beach986 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thx OneDay. This was one of those rare occasions where the side effects actually severely outweighed the upside of a decent set of trips.

My friend will probably consider havin' another go. I bet the benydryl product mgr will be thrilled if s/he finds this thread...

KT knows some shit, so I'll try to take his word wrt theitch being "sought after" but damn it was foul, and not in a good way.

12. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Oxycontin isn't "pure oxycodone". It obviously has fillers and dyes and shit (remember the colors of the pills?). It doesn't have any other active ingredients like acetaminophen, so oxycodone is the only active ingredient (this is indeed what you should look for). You really can get off on percocets if you manage to keep your acetaminophen intake down to about 4-5 grams a day. You can also do some sort of extraction, maybe oxycodone is soluble in water and you can do the classical codeine-trype cold water extraction on em.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  13. fenderbender

fenderbender Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yep, oxycodone is soluble in water or else it wouldnt absorb when snorted. Anyway, yea, snort your oxys. It works great, but these guys are all on the money, some pills just wont work well. Percocets dont work cuz theyre full of acetominophen, and if your pill is generic, look at the bottle to see whats in it. If its just oxycodone, then your set. Make sure your dose isnt too high though. Keep it around 20mg if you havnt done it before or not many times. O, and also, dispite what people say, dont be TOO careful, ya know what i mean? Because the first time i did oxys i snorted ten milligrams and it was not very strong. I regretted not doing more ya know? Anyway, good luck!!! Oxys rock my shit...hard. :)

14. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah like everyone else said make sure its pure with additives, my first experience and one of my few was with a green 80mg. I broke it in half snorted half and everything got sloooooowwwww. The itching was horrible and the nausia can be quite unpleasant(to strong for me, i prefer the big ole yellow percs). and someone said ROXICODONE is safe NO! this has 325 mgs of acetinminophen, and 5 mgs of oxy.

15. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    RoxiCONTIN is supposed to be the "brand" with little to no fillers.

RoxiCET is a "brand name generic" Percocet, and thus has the acetaminophen.

To anyone taking larger than 500mgs of acetaminophen at a time, be it
    for pain or recreation, I would recommend the cold water extraction
    method (do a search for codeine and cold water extraction for the
    recipe), as large doses of just about any NSAID can wreak havoc on your
    body.</font>

16. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have several generic percocet substitute pills. It says they have 5mg in them, and a regular percocet only has 7.5 but I always get really fucked up on just that much, until the tolerance starts at which point I end up taking alot more. I seriously doubt you need 20 mg for your first dose because just taking 5mg orally will fuck you up alot. I was wondering if anyone knew how much valium is usually snorted to get effects.

17. comatosefreek

comatosefreek Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    You can but definately don't do it if you have a history of heart problems or a weak heart. the acetomiphen in it will cause your heart to speed up. if you snort too much of it it can give you a heart attack. do not snort more than 15-20 mg tablets worth of percocet (oxycodone) or vicodin (hydrocodone). I know from experience that it speeds up your heart because it feels almost like a short adrenaline rush. I recomend snorting one or two then taking the rest of whatever you plan on taking.

18. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from PA
    if you're new to opiates, take it easy at first, the high just gets better and better as time goes, and any kind of pill won't really kill you, even with APAP. I'm not suggesting this though, but swim's snorted vicodine (hydrocodone apap) numerous times, and didn't find anything negitive except a crusty nose on the inside and near the bridge. If you can, get strait oxy. If you can't, just take it orally. Once you start popping a couple at a time, check into a CWE. definitly worth it. the high's much better.

19. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from france
    Dont snort oxycodone.

The oral bioavailability (amount of the drug that will actually be absorbed into the blood) is higher than the insufflated (snorted) bioavailability of oxycodone.

The reason ppl say the effect is intensified when snorted is because snorting oxy causes it to reach its peak effect faster than when taken orally.

So basically SWIY will have a stronger peak effect if they just take the damn thing orally (with oxycontin the outer coating has to be taken off) than they would if they snorted it. Snorting oxy is just corroding SWIYs nasal passages & polluting it with fillers for no reason.

SWIM would suggest chewing the pill & swallowing it so that the effect will be overall stronger & just about as fast a peak onset as would be experienced through snorting.

20. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from PA
    ah, swim forgot about crushing it up. but i'm pretty sure I read on this forum snorting is around <80% while oral is 60-70%. Not much different, but the rush of a fresh line is quite grand.