1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Snorting Prozac

Discussion in 'Antidepressants' started by shortest_straw, Dec 14, 2012.

1. shortest_straw

shortest_straw Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Female from Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    So I have snorted a lot thing like coke, Ritalin, adderall, Gabapentin, even benadryl(I know it was stupid, etc.
    But tonight insteading of eating it I snorted mg of Prozac.
    It was about a hour or 2 ago. I can't remember cause I'm a little drunk but all I know
    Is my throat still hurts when I swallow and my nose it sooooo stopped up.
    Whyyyy and how do I fix this?

shortest_straw added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

By the why it was from the caps

shortest_straw added 328 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

It has been a few hours now. I tried to sleep it off but I woke up and my nose is still all kinds of fucked up.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. kumar420

kumar420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from Australia
    You snorted an antidepressant that is meant to be swallowed. The powder probably inflamed all the membranes if your nose, try and wash your nose out with some warm water mixed with salt.
    And check before you snort random chems. Will save you a shitload of discomfort and probably some money, not to mention preserve your dignity

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Ssri's have no recreational effects. This has been stated in pretty much every single thread in the anti-depressant forum.

4. shortest_straw

shortest_straw Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Female from Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    I just wanted to have the effects kick in faster. One of my friends can snort 4 no problem so I didnt understand why 2 fucked me over

5. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SSRI's don't work like this at all. Please do some research before putting new drugs up your nose

6. pcp saved my life

pcp saved my life Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ssri's hurt extremely bad to snort, worse than a 2c-x why would you do this. I've snorted some stupid shit too when I was younger that's how I know that shit like that is not to be fucked with. It doesn't even fuck you up.

7. carter 1203

carter 1203 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Michigan
    The effects of prozac can take several weeks to help a depressed person. Why would you want to take them recreationally? You don't get any "buzz" from SSRI's.

8. medicated_life

medicated_life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Australia
    Um, prozac has absolutely no recreational value? Nor do any anti-depressants. Why on earth would you snort prozac?

9. gamedeaths409

gamedeaths409 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Wow lol, dumbest idea I've heard in awhile. Prozac takes a few weeks to start working anyways, not to mention Prozac sucks as an anxiety medicine (for me at least)

10. Bitty

Bitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    Snorting Prozac is like snorting battery acid, it burns and does nothing to achieve a high. I've been on it for years now and have had friends who have tried snorting them. Horrible idea!!!!

11. mkultra5979

mkultra5979 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o Male from Greece
    All SSRI's, including fluoxetine (Prozac) do not have recreational value.!!!!!
    Sorry my DF friend, if you're searching ways to get 'high', try some real drugs next time.
    Bad idea.
    Thank you ;)

12. Gui316

Gui316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from brazil
    Drinking water and washing your nose with salty water may help. Don't snort this kind of medication. They don't give you any kind of buzz.

13. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    With all due respect to whomever is negative rating these post, this is listed under Antidepressants - Effects. ;) -- and it is true the effect will not be euphoric or a pleasant sought after high

Short answer: Phaze hates insulating (snorting) anything and has learned you can wash your nose out by holding water in the back of your mouth and forcing it out through your nose. This will be painful as is anything else spat out your nose, IE: soda or even water. But, will serve the purpose of cleansing your nostrils out. Think of it like pulling a thorn from a puppy, it hurts at the time, then he is off to roam about happy as before.

________

As a teenager Phaze also snorted Prozac, which made him sweat profusely among having severe nausea and diarrhea. He was agitated and displayed what can be called no less than fits of rage. Read up on serotonin syndrome.
    WIKI

Reading the overdose symptoms he obviously didn't realize how serious it could've been.
    Be careful and educate yourself BEFORE YOU TAKE A DRUG NOT AFTER
    MAYO CLINIC