1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Snri + am-2201

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by P1-O2, Oct 22, 2011.

1. P1-O2

P1-O2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    In the rare instance that anyone happens to be on/starting SNRIs (Antidepressants) and using AM-2201, I advise monitoring your physical health carefully! A friend of mine recently started taking SNRI and has found that the two in combination can absolutely destroy your appetite. He was eating no more than one meal per day for three days because his stomach wouldn't accept any food. He would go out to eat, feeling strong hunger pains, but when he put food in his mouth his stomach would turn to rock. These effects appear to have petered off after a full 24 hours of abstaining from AM-2201, but I will report back to see if it happens again to him.

His usage was a total of about 60-100mg of blend per day and occasionally mixes in 3-6mg of the pure chemical ordered from a trusted vendor. The dosage of SNRI is 37.5mg of Effexor (Venlafaxine) per day. The Effexor is taken at the start of the day and my friend typically doesn't consume AM-2201 until the late evening.

I figured I'd drop this message here.

2. aeburnside

aeburnside Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm not sure how the SNRI is interacting with AM-2201 but a cursory search finds the "food revulsion" feeling prevalent among those withdrawing from high-dose AM-2201 as well. Similar phenomena?

3. thefrogman

thefrogman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    My cat has always found that all cannabinoids, synthetic OR natural cause a markedly degraded appetite in him. The cat takes Zoloft daily (he used to claw himself :S). He can barely manage two small meals a day, and even then he can go without. He gets small bouts of the 'munchies' late at night, but nothing like most of his stoner kitty friends. Not sure if the appetite is worse with synthetics as this cat likes to mix his blend with the real thing for optimum results (err except in the appetite dept.).

The cat is naturally curious and wants to ask the OP if your friend experienced the same kind of appetite loss with the natural stuff and ADs too?

4. thefrogman

thefrogman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    The cat also suspects that if his fairly moderate (although daily) intake were to increase, his appetite would be non existent. Even now this kitty gets the odd stomach pain here or there when eating the first few mouthfuls of food some days. Kitty thinks it's all psychological as if he persists he can find himself enjoying certain meals and finishing them effortlessly. His bowel habits are also all over the place, but he suffers from IBS at the best of times...

5. mrsolearyscow

mrsolearyscow Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I wonder if the synths are the main culprit rather than the SNRIs. I takes 75mg of venlafaxine per day and smokes about 10-30mg per week, and she can happily eat anything that doeesn't run away fast enough.

6. P1-O2

P1-O2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I brought this up to my friend and he asked me to respond with the following: (he has dialup, so silly):

"When I smoked cannabis it always increased tenfold my enjoyment from food/drink. I haven't smoked any for at least a 6 months now, and I've been using a wide variety of blends for 2-3 months. Now the doses I was taking from it were quite a bit higher than what I normally do (though nothing I couldn't handle). I tried it again the next day and all was well but I only ate at dinner and amusedly thought that my lack of appetite was convenient. The next day (Saturday) I woke up and was a bit hungover from the night before, partially because I had stayed up very late. My appetite was completely gone the entire day, but my stomach was empty. I knew I needed food in it, but whenever I put something in my mouth it would be fairly repulsive even though the tastes and textures I knew were okay. I smoked nothing on saturday and continued to feel "hungry" all day only to find slow relief to my appetite around lunch today. Back to normal now and I'm tracking with my recreational dose at 1-2mg of pure and 10-15mg of blend per day to see how it goes (enjoying that at the moment).

Due to the side effect of Venlafaxine to cause appetite loss, and the fact that I just started to take them, combined with the appetite loss of underestimating and mis-using pure AM-2201 probably double whammy'd my body.