So, Jesus used cannabis?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by searcher, Oct 19, 2005.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    [​IMG] I love that one. Isn't it twisted how far off the point some religious groups have gotten when it comes to the roots of their beliefs? Classic example: Catholic schools not allowing boys to grow their hair over a certain short length.

3. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    thisreminds me of the theory 'Moses was a shroomer'.

http://www.bluehoney.org/Manna.htm

its funny that these days drugs are demonised and anyone who sees or talks to god is crazy or on drugs, but back then you could be a profit ,messiah or even the son of god for doing it.

times are a chaingin

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It's amazing how much crap is on the Internet. My belief: Jesus didn't inhale.

5. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yes your right Jesus probably didn't inhale because no one was smoking at that time. It is however,quite likely that Jesus did use marijuana in his ointments. Why wouldn't he?The marijuana plant was probably seen as a sacred herb, put there by his all knowing father and intended for use. Not necessarily to get high (as I don't think that God is overly keen on the idea of his lil'play things being intoxicated,more prone to sin)but for use as a medicine, this is perfectly acceptable.

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If no one smoked Pot in the year Zero, why would it be considered a "sacred herb"?

Ok, Lukey, yousuggest: "The marijuana plant was probably seen as a sacred herb"; yeah, but why?

Then you go on to suggest that Pot (in an ointment form)was used as a medicine; but (even today) I have never heard of this use for it: "Not necessarily to get high ...but for use as a medicine, this is perfectly acceptable." Have you seen any historical records of this use for Pot? What medical value does Pot have as a rub-on salve? I know I wouldn't want smear it all over me. (I do like to smear it all over the inside of my lungs.)

It's nice to dream-up ideas (I dream many things up myself) ... but selling them on our Forum as truth is lying. If Jesus HAD used it, Pot would probably be Legal today, after all, who wants to argue with God? There are plenty-enough true things to keep us all busy for decades.

Nature_boy_liam apparently quotes from the article: "If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil... then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

The same thing could be said of Opium: "If Opium was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil ... then persecuting those who use Heroin could be considered anti-Christ."Edited by: Solidly-here

7. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Its nice to dream up ideas. They say history repeats itself.Well jesus certainly does kinda look like a hippy, and the Romans do kinda remind me of republicans....[​IMG].

8. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    AWWWW FUCK!

I just typed up a nice long reply to your post Solidly, I was proud of it, then I hit the back button and the page went back! So I can't be arsed doin it again.

"If no one smoked Pot in the year Zero, why would it be considered a "sacred herb"?"

You can eat it, drink it and absorb it through your skin.

If in fact you can't absorb it through your skin it will go in your lesions and wounds that of course, are the reason you are being anointed anyway. It can run in you eyes and mouth, and could maybe be spread and absorbed on the genitals.

Have you seen any historical records of this use for Pot?

Why is this a topic that needs to be proved, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that Jesus would use Marijuana to heal. I think it is for you to reason why Jesus would not use Marijuana?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  9. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    The bible has been rewritten over and over to sute the law. Jesus also had a wife but thats been taken out of the bible andnow she is aprostitute. The USbringsout new bibles all the time and changes things.

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    These types of posts should be banned.

11. lilsteve

lilsteve Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I second that remark.

12. cannabis man

cannabis man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i think theres very very littletruth in these sort of articles always make a good read tho.

13. southernhosp81

southernhosp81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What bad abotu jesus using marijuana for medicinal purposes i think its pretty sweet.. makes me have a good excuse for doin it myselfEdited by: southernhosp81

14. cannabis man

cannabis man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    id have to follow christainity to make it a good excuse for me, but its a nice thought.

15. TheLight01

TheLight01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well it sure does make for interesting reading and debate, but hey like some say the bible that we read now is in my opinion different from the original one, if there ever was one.

Religion should be a personal free spiritual thing, far away from people telling you what is right and what is wrong.

I think that there is al place for all gods creatures in heaven, pot smoking and mushie eating or whatever[​IMG]

16. bottlekop

bottlekop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: So, Jesus used weed ?

------------------

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  17. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: So, Jesus used weed ?

Jesus came to the earth to preach the message of God, which is love. The ego is what has been controlling us for so many years. Why is it that certain individuals decided to take control on us and decide to impose restrictions on our way of living. And at that, they were using God to impose these restrictions. That is a big reason why so many people have lost their faith in God, and I was not a believer until he found the light for himself. Psychoactives did help but it is by thinking and exploring that cosmic universe that answers come. As far as Jesus using marijuana and God thinking psychoactives are sinful, I think it's ridiculous to think like that seeing as it can be a spiritual tool. Also, if it is here then it's obviously for a reason and one of them is for us to enjoy it. Why have people liked to use God to tell us that altering our state of mind to see beyond is wrong? Seems a bit absurb to me.
    ** I'd like to point out that I am not religious, just stating my beliefs from what I have gathered.

The last part of your post is particulary intriguing to me seeing as if I believe that those who find the light actually become part of it. But God has is a spiritual guide but also, he is the sun physically. My theory of how the humanity will get whipped out is that there will be a huge dehydration caused by those giant sun waves. Earth was first a paradise but it has turned to hell and those who believe will be saved and only spirits will be coming back. So what does this all mean? We are going to get back what is rightfully ours.