Opinions - So many Crack smoking threads lately

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Nicaine, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Strange, there seems to be a rash of crack-related posts in here lately. Or am I just noticing 'em more?

Beginners: SWIM tells ya from long years of experience (he's over 40) that crack is an express train straight to hell -- no doors, no windows, and no stops on the way. Once you're seriously involved, the best you can hope for is occasional binge use every once in awhile for the rest of your life, followed by probable heart disease brought on by the shit. If you ain't so lucky, you'll slide downhill quick on the first serious roll. I have known people (typical examples) living in their garbage-filled cars, parking/sleeping in whatever apartment complex they can find, taking showers once a month, eating one or two McD's cheeseburgers a day if they're lucky, and running around desperately trying to score for other people so they can pinch enough to cook some up and keep away the jones. For just another 5 minutes. 5 minutes at a time they live life.

He's known others who wander aimlessly around the city looking for it. A restless, constant wandering, in and out of shelters, sleeping in parks, spending welfare checks the day they arrive, ripping people off... a desperate hit here and there out of a piece of metal pipe found on the freeway, followed by interminable hours just wandering, hoping against hope they'll run into some, somehow, somewhere.

There's nothing, NOTHING romantic about it. It's about as ugly a scene as anything gets in life.

SWIM ain't BS'ing you... he has no reason or motivation to. He tells me to tell you -- enjoy the powder, stay as far as possible from crack if you can. Just some friendly advice, of course you're free to tell SWIM to go to hell.

I think there's no shortage of people who would back SWIM up on the horror stories, tho.Edited by: Nicaine

2. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah this guy knows what hes talking about... Im a fairly young lad and i smoked crack the other night well week and i noticed that after i did it everytimr i had money i suggested for my friends to pitch on some rocks with me. I waited it out and then realise dhow discusting this drug is.. i remember allways saying " Hey guys wanna get some rocks tonight?" One hit is all it takes guys!

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Ehh... maybe. More likely, 10 or 20 hits or perhaps even a few weeks of doing it on and off. Depends on the person and the situation.

Still, IMHO trying it even once is playing with fire. There's just no reason to anyway, the rush is nice but it lasts 5 damn minutes at most before hitting the down-side, and not even a buzz left at minute 15. That's the main reason why it's so addictive... the shorter acting a drug is, the more addictive it tends to be.

So rockheads just hit the pipe over and over, and over and over and over and over and over and over... then they hit it again. Oh yeah, did I say they hit it again after that? Then ya get bored, so it's time to hit the pipe. And hell, let's hit the pipe again. Wait, before we hit the pipe, let's hit the pipe again a few times... [​IMG]

P.S. here's a little story from SWIM, from back in the early 90's. So here he is, sitting in his bathroom with about 15 fat ones, hitting the pipe. He's so paranoid after awhile that he puts the rocks on top of the cellophane baggie and floats it inside the toilet bowl so if he hears the cops break down the front door, all he has to do is flush. Makes it kinda hard for him to grab another one, but he was careful not to spill...Edited by: Nicaine

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Actually from what i hear crack heads are chasingthe first high feeling.It could be the first time they smoked crack feeling that they wanted, or the first timethat day feeling that they want. Your always chasing the last high because every time the high is weaker and weaker and shorter.

Muirner

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Hmm, I hear that whole thing about "chasing that first high" all the time... there's some truth to it, but it's just as much about curing the jones. If it were possible for a crackhead (or any hardcore addict) to realize (deeper than intellectually) that the jonesing would go away if they just waited a week or two, most would probably quit without much hesitation. Every crackhead SWIM's ever known realized their life was hell and would prefer to kick.Edited by: Nicaine

6. badger2565

badger2565 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim thinks the taste is what he craves,not the first high.Maybe he's wrong but it sure seems that way,just driving down the road and all of a sudden taste comes then smell.Where in the hell does that come from? Noone around with dope at that moment.Makesswim wonder he'll have to go think about that for awhile !!!

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Easy, you just mentally associate the taste with the high. Same thing happens with powder, sometimes SWIM can just taste it and it comes out of nowhere. Obviously it ain't some wonderful taste, so it's just a mental link with the high.

8. badger2565

badger2565 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Maybe you don't like the taste,but I do ....when swim gets that oh so sweet tasting rock,nothing can stop him !!!!!![​IMG]

9. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Didn't say I don't like the taste, I said taken by itself it's unremarkable. IMO it's the association with the high that makes people like it.

I would say it tastes like burning wire or something... would you eat a steak that tasted like that? [​IMG] Come on, think about it... because it's associated with so many highs, you acquire a liking for it.Edited by: Nicaine

10. badger2565

badger2565 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You must be burnin chore to much,no wire taste here.My girl says it taste like pickles,I say thats good as long as its his pickle![​IMG]