1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - So wait, what is the legality of tramadol in Canada?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by MachoManSavage, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    I've been looking to find an answer, but I can't find anything on it. There is nothing concrete. Can I just purchase it? Is it RX? Is it illegal?

And a side question, are all those online pharmacies legit? Seems all very shady (i'm not talking about specific sources, just the general idea of online pharmacies). Can people actually purchase recreational drugs from them?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Calliope

Calliope fictional member Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from a nutshell, an infinite space
    Tramadol is a Schedule F substance under the Food and Drugs Regulations in Canada. It has not (yet) been scheduled in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, surprisingly. There was a recommendation in 2007 that tramadol be put on Schedule 1 of the CDSA, but this has not been acted on.

You can find this recommendation in the Gazette, here (I'm not making the link live because it is on a government server):
    http://www.gazette.gc.ca/archives/p1/2007/2007-07-07/html/reg1-eng.html

You can find the CDSA here:
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.phpaction=ratelink&catid=15&linkid=11566

As a schedule F substance, tramadol can only be sold to someone with prescription but there is nothing criminal about possessing it.

I have no views about online pharmacies in general, but i would think it is always best to get medications from a good local pharmacy with a prescription from your doctor.