1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Soma and Methadone?

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Opiategoddess, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Opiategoddess

Opiategoddess Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is taking a little Soma with Methadone as dangerous as taking a Benzo with Methadone? I know Soma isn't a benzo, but is soma a CNS depressant?

I'm not planning on taking a huge amount of soma with methadone, only prescribed amounts of soma but if it's dangerous i won't take any at all.

Thanks for any info

OG

2. fnord

fnord

Reputation Points:
    http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/soma_d00960_methadone_d00050.html

3. Opiategoddess

Opiategoddess Newbie

Reputation Points:
    TY. I guess the best and safest thing to do is not take soma with methadone period. I'll pick up my script for Soma and just hang on to it till the methadone is out of my system. I could probably take one and be ok, but I'm to chicken shit. I've heard so many horror stories about methadone and stuff like soma or benzo's and other combinations w/ done'

TY for the info. I guess i could have looked that up myself but i only did a Drug-forums search, not a web search.

If anyone has used this combo, what affects did you have? What did you feel was a safe amount? Or would you stay completely away from this combo?

OG

4. honourableone

honourableone R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I seriously would stay completely away from this combo. The website appears to be talking about medical doses of both drugs, which would only be prescribed in very rare situations, where it was the only option left, probably with unusually low doses of each.

On the other hand, with the right dosages mixing some opiates with benzos (I also know that carisoprodol is not a benzo) can be safe. But without some very good evidence as to why the contrary would be safe, taking it with methadone seems WAY too risky.