Side effects - Soma (Carisoprodol) Headaches

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by n3m0, Apr 13, 2004.

1. n3m0

n3m0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Recently ive been aroused to the joys of soma, but i seem to be getting headaches and nausea from it.... doses at around 7.5 700 mg's. anyone have similar problems with them or am i being retarded by using those doses?

2. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from U.S.A.
    If I take too many I get the shakes and can't talk very well. Don't take more than three at a time..........................................................................................

3. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Took 9 once..woah.

4. GNCSUX

GNCSUX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what is the normal perscribed dose for this stuff.. just curious i have alot laying around

5. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I split 2 in half and I had one hell of a buzz.

I like Lortab better though.1 lortab and 1 soma and you'll feel all laid back.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    You can take more than 3 at a time. I usually take 5-6 at a time and it gets you nice and messed up.

7. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Soma makes me feel shaky and weak the next day when I'm lifting weights.

8. davidd

davidd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi guys,

Please be carefull with high doses of Soma. Or small doses for an extended period. Both can cause liver damage. If you do indulge in these delights regularly, please have your doctor checkyour liver enzimesevery 6 months or so, to make sure everthing is ok.

Just FYI on these types of drugs.. Soma is a muscle relaxer and many muscle relaxers can cuase liver damage. And IMHO are just generally hard on your body.

The benzodiazapines (such as valium, xanax, ativan) are a different class of drugs that are much easier on your liver. They will make you feel much like soma and relax your muscles, but do have the nasty side effect of being addictive if taken regularly.

Of course, addiction is only a problem when you run out[​IMG]

9. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Side note: Your heart is a muscle. Please be careful with high doses. You could relax your heart to the point of stopping altogether.</font>

10. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hole...lee....shit. I dont believe there are actually more then a handfull of people that know about somas... damn i miss the soma coma and the soma shuffle... :\ Amos has been a good friend of mine for a long time but unfortunatly since half of the bessesmer clique died in tragic accadents and i moved i dont have any connections to them and most people are here hardly ever fuck with pills so basically i have to do without. Heres a great tip to enhance the effect of them, right after you pop them or even while your poping them you should drink something warm like a cup of coffee or hot chocolate it enhances the effect alot :)

As far as the dosage goes that all depends on the enscription on the pills there are many different ones... Mp58, DAN, SOMA and a few others but those are the most common SOMA and MP58 are the strongest so they should be consumed in a smaller dosage then the DAN's. I usually take 4-5 MP58 and 3-4 SOMAS but with the DAN's it takes about 7 to put me where i need to be.

11. soapiswierd

soapiswierd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i want to second the comment about your heart being a muscle.

12. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Between 200 and 700 mg's.Edited by: BlueMystic

13. soma

soma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Swim's bottle says 1 tablet (350mg) every 4-6 hours as needed.

14. soma

soma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I know I'm going to be berated for this, but muscle relaxants DO NOT relax the heart. They act on skeletal muscle, not cardiac muscle- entirely different mechanisms of action.

15. kookoo4coca

kookoo4coca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    WIM has a question and didn't exactly know where to post this, but it has to do with Soma, Vicodin, Percocet, Xanax, Valium, Ritalin. The question he asked to find out for him is, what are the ethnobot alternatives to these pills?

I have found out that Amanita Muscaria is the closest alternative for Soma. I have also been on erowid to see if he could find the alternative there, but all they do is describe experiences and shit.

SWIM also put the chemical name for ea on a particular site, but nothing came up. He's a total ethnobot virgin, knows jack shit, but is willing to be educated.

Be nice, remember we all started where SWIM. :vibes:

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I think you are confusing the concept, first postulated by R. Gordon Wasson, that the ancient Soma alluded to in the Rig Vedic texts, may have been the Amanita Muscaria mushroom. This was never proven and several other candidates have been identified - including Peganum Harmala (Syrian Rue).

Amanita Muscaria has no pharmacological similarity to carisoprodol (Soma) - the muscle relaxant.

17. kookoo4coca

kookoo4coca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thanx you, Nagognog2

18. soma

soma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Swim thinks that Kratom is like opiates such as Percocet, and Kava Kava is more like Xanax/Soma. As for ritalin-- maybe ephedra, but that can be dangerous. I'd go with caffiene.

19. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's sibling has a serious drug problem and has done the whole inpatient detox and what not but still hasn't changed a bit. Lately, she has been abusing Soma. The other day she looked just about dead, she took 4 I think and SWIM rushed her to the hospital (because she looked like she might not wake up). Is Soma really that dangerous to be taking recreationally? because when I found her, she couldn't even get up off the floor and looked nearly dead, couldn't hardly understand what she was saying too.

20. soma

soma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Upper,
    This has happened to SWIM many times, and the effects always to seem to wear off quickly after friends have forced SWIM to drink alot of coffee. Never have I had to venture to the hospital, but there have definately been times that he couldn't walk or talk.