Some questions... (hydrocodone)

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Stiffy, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Stiffy

Stiffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have acquired two different bottles of hydrocodone syrup

Heres bottle #1 (hycotuss)

Bottle #2 (TUSSIONEX Pennkinetic)

Now, Bottle #2 has some Extended release thing in it that I am kinda iffy about, and the gaufinesin in bottle #1 is not a big deal but...

Is there a way to seperate the hydrocodone out of the syrup/liquids?

Also, SWIM heard that dipping joints in liquid hydrocodone is a good method to get reallll fucked up. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Dipping joints in liquid hydrocodone is a good method to get a nasty tasting joint that wont get You buzzed. Heat is not good for opiates and burning them directly wont be very rewarding.

Anyhow, the guafenesin in the Hycotuss might make You nauseous in large quanitites, and a standard CWE might not extract the hydrocodone. You could attempt an agent Lemon extraction like with DXM, but I dont know if this would work since DXM and Hydrocodone probably dont have the same solubilities in polar and nonpolar solvents. Maybe check out the MSDS for each before You attempts this.

The TUSSIONEX has chlorphenamine in it, which is the antihistamine in the infamous coricidin "Triple C" pills. Do NOT give this to your lab rat to get high off of! The antihistamine can very disorienting (at best) or dangerous, even lethal (at worst!)

Also in the future, please do not post links to outside sources in the forum, can you just re-post the information about whats in the bottles for the other readers?

Good questions though and way to do you's homework before just diving into a bottle of syrup.

3. Hlucn8

Hlucn8 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    You does not have to worry much about the guafenesin. Figure out You tolerance for hydro and dose accordingly.
    My honest opinion, though... Based on swiyrs inquiry, You should place those bottles out of direct sunlight and educate himself. Go to the PDR, (physicians desk reference), erowid, or lurk here for a while. Putting a minuscule piece of paper on swiys tongue is small potato's(pharmacologically speaking), to ingesting 100 CCs of syrup that You does not know what ingredients it contains and how it's going to affect him. Tell your friend to Be Careful. A blunt is pretty strait forward, (most of the time), but pharms is serious business. Tell him to educate himself. And logging on to a forum and this kind of question as the first post may not provide him with reliable info. Could get him killed. Tell him to go to documented medical info, (like the PDR), for reliable info. (Erowid is not bad, if you know how to use it.)

4. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Hlucn8 is probably right...SWIM just noted that You didnt ask about dosage or anything, or if it would differ between "smoking" and drinking this stuff. Read up on opiates, decide if its something You wants to even get into, theyre not for everyone and are a LOT to handle...very easy to let get out of hand...and can kill you if you slip up, unlike pot or mushrooms or "safer" drugs. If You decides that this is something he really wants to do, read up on the dosages, experiences, etc on this site and be safe.

5. Stiffy

Stiffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ingredients for hycotuss:

HYCOTUSS (hydrocodone bitartrate and guaifenesin) Expectorant Syrup contains hydrocodone (dihydrocodeinone) bitartrate, a semi-synthetic centrally-acting opioid antitussive and guaifenesin, an expectorant for oral administration.

Each teaspoonful (5 mL) contains: ​
    Hydrocodone bitartrate, USP ................. 5 mg ​
    Guaifenesin, USP ................................... 100 mg ​
    Alcohol, USP ........................................ 10% v/v

Ingredients for the Tussionex Pennkinetic:

Each teaspoonful (5 mL) of TUSSIONEX Pennkinetic Extended-Release Suspension contains hydrocodone polistirex equivalent to 10 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and chlorpheniramine polistirex equivalent to 8 mg of chlorpheniramine maleate.

Now, I have never expirmented with opiates. How would I go about seeing what my tolerance is?

Also in the way of extracting the hydrocodone in the tussionex because I don't want to be ingesting the chlorpheniramine, would a cold water extraction work with liquids?

6. Hlucn8

Hlucn8 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim will throw You a bone. 5 to 10 milligrams is a typical clinical dose. In a non-tolerant individual, this will effect a definite psychoactive influence on a non-tolerant individual, and is perfectly safe for both of the products You has possession of. If You finds that 10 mg is not enough with the hycotuss, tell him to wait until almost all the drug has been metabolized, (around eight hours according to the PDR), and increase 5 mg. Most non-tolerant people settle around 20 mg, but tell your friend DO NOT attempt this until he is sure how it affects him. Emphatically implore your friend not to do this too frequently. O's are a grate lover but a terrible slave master.
    As to the extended release. It is very easy to OD on these type of substances because of the nature of compounding dosages and the slow rate of release. Blood plasma levels can shoot through the roof, and before he knows hit him, he assumes room temperature. Tell him to use this stuff only as directed.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    By UTFSE. Please do swiy's research and not self incriminate. The sticky thread on opiates should be able to help You out. Shoot for a 5-10 mg dose the first time, from the syrup with guafeniasin. Do alot of research before sampling opiates, and set limits for the dose and frequency of use ahead of time. Don't get into daily use. Also don't mix opiates with alcohol or other drugs, especially you's first time. Weed is a relatively safe mixture, but just explore the effects of the hydro swiys first time.

Cold water extraction and the agent lemon extraction, after some research, may not satisfactorily get rid of the chlorphenamine, so don't risk it in large amounts. Maybe save it for when You has a bad cough =]

8. Stiffy

Stiffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the help man, SWIM needed it. I am now pretty confident about my usage... After I posted that last post I saw the dosage sticky, sorry about that. I actually read quite a bit about the opiates, and I don't plan on getting into daily use.

One last question, would I be able to mix it in with soda or some other drink? It smells so nasty.

Sorry if that has been answered before.

9. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Yeah man, tell You that mixing it with soda is fine. I say thats how rappers make the "sizzurp" they talk about...hydrocodone or codeine cough syrup, sprite, and a jolly rancher.

10. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    Swistiffy you need to remember to use swim when discussing things as this will overt incriminating oneself.

11. Stiffy

Stiffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, I was trying to but I'm not used to typing that and I'm new to this forum. I did that on accident. I'll fix it.

12. hnk3fan

hnk3fan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey first post here, but I was searching for info on tussionex mainly due to my concerns with the Chlorpheniramine Maleate present in it, I has read alot about the dangers of this drug in relation to deaths associated with corcidin sp? this was a concern to swim after being prescribed tuss. and being opiate tolerant at this time.and after reading about many people drinking ounces of this shit at a time with no ill effect. after alot of research swim found 2 interesting things about this 1. the LD50 of Chlorpheniramine Maleate is 306 mg/kg in humans, which struck swim as odd when reading about relatively low doses of corcidin sp? causing deaths, then swim discovered this :
    "the chlorpheniramine maleate in Coricidin is metabolized by the SAME EXACT enzyme as the dextromethorphan. This is a very limited enzyme. What does this mean? It means that it takes your body a much longer time than it should to make these drugs inert. In Lehman's terms, your body essentially malfunctions because both ingredients fight competitively for that limited liver enzyme"