Experiences - some reflections on xanax (Alprazolam) & valium (Diazepam)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by bastardo, Aug 5, 2005.

1. bastardo

bastardo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hullo there and hi.

Thanx for a great forum.

Just wanted to share some observations about Xanax and Valium.
    In my personal experience... Valium makes me mellow and somewhat relaxed. X's are stronger and last shorter. Both impair my coordination slightly if taken in stronger doses.

That being said, I am constantly puzzled about many postings from people writing about how these meds make them feel "great" or "talkative" or "self-assured". For me, the only effect is the ones mentioned above. Period. I am very surprised to find so many postings telling how good people feel on these meds, when used recreationally.
    At best they make me mellow, most of the time I just nod off after awhile, sleep well and deep and wake up okay but nothing else.

I'm truly wondering if it's me, or people in USA having a different definition of the above mentioned states of consciousness.

Codein is superb for mellowing and feeling GOOD.
    Coke makes you zippy and gives you energy to go go go.
    Speed (all of these have to be good quality, needless to say) lasts long and is preferable when going partying.
    THESE little illegals are worth my dosh, and gets me where I wanna go.

So you might say: why do I bother with Benzos? Well... I'm a lab-rat by nature and always curious tro try new stuff.

[READ THE RULES!]

Thanx for bearing with me.

love peace and pitbulls,
    o.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2007
  2. Tavz

Tavz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont get high from benzo's, they just make me feel "normal". I have anxiety pretty bad so they have always just made me calm. I guess they do kinda make me a bit more outgoing but only because I am not nervous. I have taken upto 20mgs of Xanax and have only felt a slight drunk sensation, granted I couldn't talk straight the whole next day but I didn't get fucked up.

For me personally benzo's are highly addictive because of the normal feeling they provide. Ive been taking Lexapro for a little while now and it has finally started helping a bit with anxiety. It took a few weeks but it does work for anyone wanting to know.

3. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Exactly, the people at risk of getting hooked on benzos probably should be on them anyway because of undiagnosed anxiety or social phobia. It could also be depression or lack of GABA in the brain, I enjoyed benzos a lot more when I was depressed.

I think this is the same thing behind the subjective nature of GHB, some report euphoria and being freed from anxiety, others just feel tired.

4. kuplo

kuplo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Im on a pretty large dose of Xanax at the moment, 4mg when I wake up (thats 2 mg pills), 1 after lunch, and 2 at night.

I've switched my doses around a little bit, so that it's 1 in the am, 1 1/2 after lunch and 1 around 5 then 1 1/2 around 9pm, I find this keeps me more alert then taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm which if I didnt try to stay awake, I would fall asleep in the oddest places.

Anyway, I find it keeps me normal feeling, I dont get high from them, in the sence of cocaine, or canabis, just feel normal, not down, just normal.

Originally my Doctor recommended 6mg a day, but he upped that last weeek to 10mg a day, which allows me to feel more comfortable all day long. Im able to function fine, it took me a week to be able to drive after the dose increase for lack of coordination. The first time I took 4mg in the am and had to drive 125 miles to work, I owned 3 lanes of the freeway till I pulled over and called my partner to come pick me up as there was no way it was safe for me to drive that far like that. Now it's a breeze, because my body has gotten use to them. But Im also on lexapro, and diovan.

I'd have to say that they do make me more talkative, but not in the sence of a chatty kathy like if I were doing cocaine, but rather like a normal (nice) person can talk to strangers, or help someone without the fear of doing so.

My worse side effects of Xanax was the first week I was put in a wheel chair because I kept bumping into things and falling down, after that weeek I was okay, and now the only side effect I have is a slightly slurred speech if I take my old dose of 4mg at one go. I also suffer from short term amnesia, but thats getting much better then longer im on this drug. The doctor is monitoring me every 3 weeks, I've lost 38lbs so far, and have another 70 lbs to go, I think the xanax helps me in this in some way, along with the lexapro.

He tried switching me from lexapro to welbutrin, and then went on vacation, what a mistake that was, I got immediatly aggressive, agitated, angry, ready to last out at anyone anywhere. When the 4th holiday was over and his nurses were back in the office they told me to stop taking it immediatly and come in and pick up some more lexapro and go back to that. Hes now crossed welbutrin off the list of drugs I can take as well as some appetite suppressant that was 105mg dosage in the AM, and then I'd take all my other drugs during the day and still stay up all night, it was like cocaine, can't remedmber the name of that one, but I gave him back the bottle of unused pills.

Edited by: kuplo

5. dotnet

dotnet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry I had add to this conversation. But Benzo's don't get you high at all or at least not me, I've taken 6mg Clonazepam with no benzo tolerance at all, it just made me feel a little tired and no real buzz or anything these were name brand roche too.. Could be because of my GHB usage in the past though, but NaGHB Powder blows any benzo out of the water. GHB is euphoria heaven for me.

Cheers

6. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i wouldn't make such a statement regarding benzos when all you have eaten is 6mgof klonipin. long acting benzos have got nothing on short acting ones.

i have never tried GHB but i have to believe you when you say what you said above. i have read so much crazy shit about GHB, i am in love already.

7. dotnet

dotnet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, I've tryed Valium as well.. nothing special there. Had a prescription for Ativan and nothing special there either. I don't get Euphoria out of any of those benzo's, klonopin, valium, or Ativan. Maybe Xanax or Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) If I could find some. I will probably be trying Xanax or Halcion next to see if those have any euphoric properties to them at all, because Valium, Ativan and Klonopin don't have any euphoria with me, they just make me sleepy and reduce anxiety which are what benzo's are for. I wouldn't really call benzo's euphoric, but I can't speak for Xanax so I don't know about that one.