Some visual effects caused by the beverage Kava-kava

Discussion in 'Kava-Kava' started by Bajeda, May 13, 2007.

1. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A new entry has been added to Drugs Archive

Description: Kava is a drink produced from the plant Piper methysticum and used as a social and ceremonial beverage on many South Pacific islands. Visual functions were measured in one subject following the taking of this drink. A reduced near point of accommodation and convergence, an increase in pupil diameter and disturbance to the oculomotor balance were noted. No changes were recorded in visual or stereoacuity or in ocular refractive error.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Some visual effects caused by the beverage kava
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

2. Ontherooftops

Ontherooftops Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Some visual effects caused by the beverage kava

I have noticed that vaporizing kava paste using the classic bulb vap was very strange.

SWIM's octopus described it as "psychedelic downer coke". Somewhat anxiolytic, but also stimulating and with an INCREDIBLY strong mouth numbing effect. Octopus described the (fairly mild) visual disturbance caused by the kava as sort of... translucent shimmering walls layered upon eachother, surrounding octopus, one wall every 5 or 10 feet or so. The things that were close to octopus were fairly clear, but things further away became immersed in... blips of colour. Octopus tried smoking the paste a few more times but didn't like the effect as much as tea, mostly because it was too much work and mouth numbing effect was too intense, it was however much more visual than other methods of ingestion for octopus.

3. Pino

Pino Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from The Netherlands
    Re: Some visual effects caused by the beverage kava

When I used it in really high dosisses, I saw colorful pixels and lines in the dark. Like red and blue and green. But not pink, orange or other composed colors.