Something to boost creativity + motivation

Discussion in 'Herbal Ecstasy' started by Nahbus, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey, lately I have been taking adderall and found it to help with his artwork, inspiring and motivating SWIM.
    Now, SWIM's wondering if there is anything, or any combination of drugs that would have the same effect (I would also love the energy and super social excitement euphoria as well, but he doubts anything will compare to adderall).
    Basically, I am looking for an Adderall substitute (as close as one could get), or something to really get those creative gears turning.
    (SWIM can't get anymore adderalls, and prolly can't for a while... plus when he takes them he kind of 'binges', which isn't all that good)
    Thanks a lot.

2. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Has any of youou tried Adrafinil?
    SWIM wishes he had a chance to try 4-MAR. Doubt this will EVER happen, though. Seems rare.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    adrafinil is probably alot like modafinil, which I has tried. he found that it keeps him awake, but not in the 'wired' way that adderall does. rather than feeling a subjective high, one notices that theyre simply not tired. however since there is not really a high from it, I didnt feel any more productive, capable, creative except from the simple fact that sleepiness wouldnt get in the way of his daily tasks. unfortunately drinking on the same day that I had taken modafinil, even hours apart, led to profound vertigo and nausea, which sucks because I felt like he needed something to help him get to sleep even 10 hours after taking the drug.

I would figure that ephedra/ephedrine might help, it seemed to improve creativity a bit for swim and kept him productive many a day. it seems to be harsher on the heart and body than adderall but if its not used every day or in extreme doses it should be fine. there may be other herbal energy pills or supplements out there but I has really only tried ephedrine and the mixture "xenedrine" which used to work really well for swim when it still had ephedrine as part of the mix.

doop de doop...hm I dont know how much this would help motivation, but perhaps a change of locale could help with the creativity. instead of working at home, maybe try going outdoors to a park or waterfront, or even to a library or someplace different in order to do work. maybe the different location would spark some different ideas. carry a notebook and write or sketch out random ideas that You has during the day and try to draw connections between them, too. alot of good ideas slip through the cracks because people dont write them down and then later on they forget. swim knows those arent pharmacological ideas but they could help too =]

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find that H.B. Woodrose seeds tend to stimulate his creativity. He has been meaning to write some stuff while on them but hasn't gotten to it yet.

The seeds make him feel a bit lethargic so sometimes he addes ephedrine to the mix to stimulate him a bit. This leads to some nice effects. I haven't tried applying these to a creative project yet, but thinks they may help.

Then again, if You wants something more similar to adderall I wouldn't know. He doesn't like the effects adderall has on his creativity, possibly because of his ADD. The H.B. Woodrose are a much better fit for him.

Mixing with a little mary jane doesn't hurt the ol' imagination either.

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nope, most of my stuff was done while on the pot.
    When he started drawing on adderall, though... he said it just flew out of him, without even knowing... everytime he's on adderall, mostly, he felt the need to accomplish SOMETHING.

what would a low dose of morning glory seed extract do... I mean I bet I don't wanna trip out and draw... just wants to somehow stimulate the creative, outgoing parts of his brain.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I would prefer the H.B. Woodrose to Morning Glory. MG has more visual he feels, but the Woodrose brings out the creative potential in his mind.

Colours are enhanced and the mind is quite active. I remember one time he just laid his head on the pillow and had conversations within his brain on various topics. He even narrated it, like "So brain what are we going to talk bout", "Hmmmm, lets discuss the reasons you are talking to yourself, and then we can move on towards your inclination to be drawn towards counter-culture movements", lol pretty much went like that.

But when mixed with caffeine pills (execdrin also works) or ephedrine swim becomes very energized and his mind is active. Its active in a way you can compare to adderall, but quite different. It just sees things differently, though without the disorientation of acid he feels. He is motivated by the sense of shift in his creative potential which is magnified by the synergisitc effect created by adding the stimulant. It tends to kill the LSA's depressive effects while leaving the different way of thinking.

I don't know if its for swiy, but he finds that it is a very interesting creative stimulating experience and he himself would like to try some writing (he can't draw for shit :crazy) on it sometime.

7. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm, for some reason I don't see SWIM takin Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds for motivation+creativity. He was thinking someone had a secret special stack of smartdrugs or something that makes your creativity peak and your motivation bust out.
    THAT's what he wants :)

8. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    hm maybe order some piracetam or one of those types of smartdrugs?

dont know if they stimulate creativity though. but motivation, yeah, theyd work for that. tell the company that swim sent ya.

9. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Piracetam is supposed to enhance creativity by enhancing communication between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. I would give that a try.

10. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    This is what worked for me, though I wouldn't push it on anyone else ... anyway.

I became an addicted madman. I awashed myself in chemicals and ran around town flipping my shit then wrote down all the crazyness that happened. I've got all the material I need now so I don't do this anymore and when I did it I was an addict.

Luckly no one got hurt. Your milage will vary.

11. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland
    Mescalin, it worked for Huxley didn't it?

I, in no way advocate the use of an illegal substance and that post was for amusement and novelty purposes only.

12. jbmac

jbmac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As long as I use 1 or less Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seed - for me, 1/2 a seed is the right amount to lift moods and wake up. 10 Rivea seeds also do that.
    If you had 8 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds you would be impaired IMHO.

13. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find anything from weed, Dxm, shrooms, cid, mescaline, amphetamines too all help boost creativitiy... the question is what You is looking for... I found that drawing/painting on each one of those substances produced completely different results... with amphetamine swim stayed in realism while under the influence of shrooms and dxm he would draw these crazy drawing that looked like a microscopic view of some sort of unknown molecular shit... ye horrible description but well its hard to describe what he did.

14. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM really enjoyed the motivation and creativity he had while under the influence of Adderall, but found that this drug really kicks the crap out of SWIM if he does it a lot.
    He is looking for something that won't grab him by the balls and throw him into a rut for a week (which is what happened after his few day binge of adderall and ritalin).
    He's gotta try piracetam.

15. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    honestly there is no relpacement for Amphetamines, stick to dextros and just try to limit it to one day binges so that it doesnt throw u into a rut... maybe propylhexadrine, swim knows You has tried that.

16. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, aside from the ballgrabbing rut throwing properties of adderall, SWIM really can't get anymore anyway. Propylhexedrine, yes... I have still yet to try it again ever since "the headache".
    Hey maybe this week SWIM really will try it again. He definately loved every minute of the good parts. SWIM wishes he had a chance to explore his thoughts and everything a bit more when he was on it, but he was in a car the whole time calling his buddies and whatnot. Oh it was fun, but I would love to see how it effects his creativity and motivation.

17. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland

Maybe not but Amphetamines are a horribly dirty drug with a low LD50 so should be avoided.. It's best for people to stick to natural plants.

18. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    eh, just because something comes from a plant doesnt mean its any safer (ie: datura) than synthetics usually the opposite, because a drug created with a pharmacuetical purpose usually is created with saftey in mind (oviously 2nd after profit) if used responsibly Dextro can be safe, I would not call amphetamines a dirty drug either, but home cooked meth, thats dirty, desoxlyn extremely clean.

19. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Something safe for motivation is Deprenyl.

20. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    take a look at swim's nootropic section... You is bound to find something there.