Somewhat confusing...MDMA Effects?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by dankbudsonly, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dankbudsonly

dankbudsonly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard oh so much about this drug called ecstasy. I have heard that it made you feel the best you could ever imagine. That it was like going to heaven and back. SWIM decided to take it and see what all this was about. Swim's first time was at a dance and I took about 1.25 pills of red stars. I took 3/4 of a pill and then about 2 hours later took another 1/2. All I feltwas that he was very open, could talk to anybody about anything, had no worries, and was overall feeling very content and preety happy. But, this wasnt living up to those expectations. I thought that it was a mind blowing expierience. I could still talk and communicate like he wasn't on anything.

Then just tonight SWIM decided to take 2 pills total. I took one at around 9:00 PM and then took another one around 10:45. Again, I felt under the influence of something but not something that was truely amazing. I felt the same effects that I felt the first time.

Is SWIM missing something here? Is SWIM not taking enough or are the pills just not very strong? After doing it SWIM can never fall asleep. It must be SWIM because a couple of my friends only took one pill the whole night and said they felt it preety strongly.

This is what SWIM eat the entire day and at what time:

10:00 AM- 3 Pancakes, w/ strawberries and banana.

12:30 PM- Bag of Kettle Chips and a Wild Berry Crystal Geyser

5:30- 2 hot dogs and about 5 strawberries.

SWIM can't figure out why I am not feeling the full effects of MDMA. When I am under the influence he doesn't feel speedy at all. SWIm just feels happy, sociable, and open, like he stated before.

Thanks for reading this and please give me your best explanations.

2. dankbudsonly

dankbudsonly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Somewhat confusing... (Please help)

Oh yeah on both expieriences SWIM also felt a preety big urge to dance and just let loose if that makes any difference. Also, his pupils were dilated but you could still see some color in his eyes around the edges. I think SWIM just had too high expectations for this drug and if I want to reach those expectations I would have to take a higher dose. Do you agree?

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands

Seems to me that You has experienced the effect of MDMA, but was to focussed on getting the experience others have gotten, instead of just letting go and enjoying it.
    A higher dose does not have to lead to a better experience. Going to high will surely cause a bad experience.

4. dankbudsonly

dankbudsonly Newbie

Reputation Points:

Yes, that is exactly what I think. You see I have read probably about 75-100 MDMA expieriences both on here, and mostly on erowid. All of these expieriences sounded amazing and throughout the night SWIM kept thinking to himself why is SWIM not feeling like that?! Whenever SWIM began to let go and just start thinking about other things I would begin to feel it quite a bit more but then I would think to myslef, yes it is finally happening, I am getting to that point, and the effects would die down and become less noticable.

On SWIM's next expierience, in about 2 weeks at a glow dance party that one of SWIM's best friends is having, I am going to let it all go and not worry about what he is feeling and just enjoy the moment and what is going. Maybe some meditation will help during the week leading up to the party to get SWIM in the right mindset. Any suggestions for what I have written, both in his first post and just now, would be greatly appreciated and I will definitely send good vibes your way.

On a different note, I am very happy that this website exists and thinks that everybody on here is overall a good person. If anyone on here is going through a hard time remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel , AND THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Just be happy and enjoy life while you have it, because it is something that can be taken away at any moment, even to the best of people.

5. dankbudsonly

dankbudsonly Newbie

Reputation Points:

* and sorry but the sentence that reads, "Whenever SWIM began to let go and just start thinking about other things I would begin to feel it quite a bit more but then I would think to myslef, yes it is finally happening..."

Should read "Whenever SWIM began to let go and just start thinking about other things I would begin to feel it quite a bit more but then I would think to himself, yes it is finally happening..."

I wouldn't want anyone to think that he was actually taking any kind of a illegal substance. :D

6. dankbudsonly

dankbudsonly Newbie

Reputation Points:

Does anybody have anymore input on what you think I was doing wrong? SWIM's best guess is that it was what SWIM stated above. That, he was thinking too much and anticipating the feelings so much that it actually brought down the effect.

Also, it may have been because I was around 5 other people who were not on ecstasy but were fairly drunk/buzzed. I think if he would have around others who were doing ecstasy, he would have felt a little more comfortable and not had to have that, "Oh, God, I am the only one on ecstasy, what does everyone think of me" voice in the back of his head.

I did enjoy the expierience though and definitly felt under the influence of something spectacular, and plan on being responsible and mature about SWIM's use with this drug. In 2 weeks, at a glow party, will most likely be SWIM's last time taking ecstasy for a couple months. I want to analyze the expierience more and not permanately damage his brain in any way. In fact, after SWIM's first use about 9 days ago, I had 3 tests in school. These are the scores:

Geometry: 48/50 = 96%
    English: 25/25 = 100%
    Spanish: 8/8 = 100%

I think the grades speak for themselves. He feels much more open and confident and has no problem what so ever expressing his feelings in a conversation or short term memory.

7. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have noticed that on his rolls, if he staggers his consumption through-out the night, it has a much less affect than taking more at one time.

Judging by your consumption, try taking one more pill at the beginning.

I started rolling with one pill when he began using E. His last roll though, he took two pills at first, and MAN what a difference! The come up and roll was extremely intense, and I felt like he never had on E before.

That's something to try, but I would just recommend to know your limits. If you try more at first, wait at least an hour and a bit before deciding to take more...

That's all the advice SWIM can give right now, Good luck, and FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROLL, WE SALUTE YOU!

8. C-rok

C-rok Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it appears as if You ingested a small dose of mdma (approx 60mg). if You obtains red stars again, try increasing the dose to 1.5 pills initial dose then when the peak subsides, ingest another pill. consult pillreports as to the quality/strength of pills you wish to consume. avoid the use of SSRI's when dosing. im sorry your first experience was lackluster at best. its not swiy's fault. todays pills suck and have the potency of ultra light beer.

9. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Swim enjoys MDMA and has a lot of fun on it, but does not get the totally overpowering feelings of euphoria and love that others get even on high doses up to 200mg. Swim speculates that he is simply too much of a left-brain person to fully enjoy MDMA to its potential. He is a pretty unemotional person in the first place and tends to be highly rational in pretty much all aspects of life, so when on X he doesnt let go fully. My advice to the original poster is to try it in an intimate environment, most specifically with a member of the opposite sex where there is mutual attraction.

10. brighteyes88

brighteyes88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    You should double drop, if not triple.
    for swim, doing less than one at a time is a complete waste.
    and thinking about "its happening now" or "whens it gonna happen" isnt good. I dont see how one can override this kind of thinking easily though, if its a habit already, except by not getting discouraged. eventually You will just forget to look for any signs

11. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    In SWIM's experience ecstasy pills are no where near as strong or as pure as they used to be, in the UK certainly. I don't really experience the "wow" effect like he did the first few times, but almost prefers it now because he is more with it. I agree with alpha in that you should not think about it too much. Just enjoy it for what it is.

It is possible that the pills you are getting aren't very strong and you would need to take more to feel more powerful effects, but be very careful with this. If You is taking a new pill I wouldn't recommend this at all because you wouldn't be sure about the content. Also, what Alpha said is right in that quantity doesn't necessarily determine quality.

It is also possible that, as zera suggests, your personality or psychological make up are such that you will never get that incredible overpowering emotional experience. I am quite suggestable, and although he has learned to suppress it is quite emotional and sensitive underneath. If you are a very rational person that doesn't get really get emotional often, and perhaps doesn't get the same kick that arty people get out of appreciating beauty (maybe being more appreciative of mathematical logic and the like) then it is possible that you'll never reach that level. Of course people are far more complicated than that and I wouldn't want to suggest that there are only two types of people, but I think there is some truth in what zera is saying.

Set and setting are very important during any drug experience. You are more likely to have a mind blowing experience if your state of mind is good, you are enjoying your surroundings even without the drug and you are with people you feel great being around. The last truely amazing experience I had was a while back, at a post grad college leaving ball. ALl his mates were there, it was held in beautful gardens with a good DJ and I had been looking forward to the party all day. SWIM only had one (quite strong, clean and mellow) pill and some EXPLOSION, which at the time I believe contained methylone. It was slightly more trippy than SWIM's usual roll, and I had loads of amazing epiphonies, whilst thoroughly enjoying the time he was spending with his friends. All of a sudden it just came to him: "oh my God, this is such an amazing feeling".

This reminds me of a quotation I feel is very relevant here:

"happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it wil elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder" (Henry David Thoreau)

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  12. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Maybe u should take 2 pills, this is swims usual dose and has been since the second time he took X. taking 3 or more can be overwhelming and make you feel like your the most wrecked out of all the people you are with, an experience that can turn bad and cause paranoia.
    also, like alfa said: the more you concertrate on trying to get a better high, the less effective the pill will be.
    I wouldnt say that MDMA gives the best feeling you could ever imagine and that its like goin to heaven, thats the job of ketamine (litrally) :D

The happiness and the feeling that every1 around you is on the same level is great tho. Aspects like the setting and music affect the MDMA high aswell, just like most drugs. Maybe you should take pills with your closest friends at 1 of their houses

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  13. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.