1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Soon to try -- Trazodone: Recreational value?

Discussion in 'Antidepressants' started by Nicaine, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Doubt this will be much of a high, got a script for insomnia but haven't filled it yet. However, it might be interesting anyway. Will report.

Funny, I always wanted to be a pharmacist (but never went to school for it because I'm too much a risk-taker and would be putting myself at risk of federal prison). Instead, I ended up a self-appointed guinea pig for nearly every damn substance mankind has invented. My biochemistry must look something like those barrels of green goop in the "Toxic Avenger" series from Troma. Only greener and goopier.

Life takes some strange turns. [​IMG] Edited by: Nicaine

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Friend of mine had trazadone for insomnia. I tried it. It sure worked for insomnia! Splat! Do take it with some food, though. On an empty stomach it hits you like a frieght train - too hard, too fast. I know that's hard to believe, but you'll see.

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Thanx for the advice. I'd be happy just to drop off the face of the planet & wake up the next morning. Might actually be better if it hit me like a freight train, cuz my problem is I start consciously fighting off sleep like I'm scared of it or something, which results in drifting off/popping awake over & over again, all night long. I need the chemical equivalent of a brick over the head, on the nights when I do have insomnia (when I don't have it, I'm fine).Edited by: Nicaine

4. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It is not a fun drug....as was already mentioned. I had it for insomnia and
    it left me groggy, and with restless leg syndrom( which I am prone to). I
    gave it a big thumbs down and suggested halcion to my doctor insted.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Agreed. Trazodone is NOT a party drug by anu stretch of the synapses. As a sleeping pill it does work. But the only party it would be good for would be a slumber-party. Halcion has it's own problems as well. Seems it will deplete the thyroid and possibly cause paranoid reactions and mania. All in all I'll take some warm milk and fantasize about running whomever is annoying me over with a truck. Ah! Blissful sleep!

6. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    a good way to find out if a drug can get u high is to go to erowid and lyceaum of course, but also to google the active ingredients. there are some pharmacy sights that will tell you if it will or not. drugs.com is decent. they will tell you what could happen in an overdose and shit like that but you ignore that. you read the lists of possible side effects and if they include things like dizziness, confusion, shortness of breath, stuff like that than they will mostlikely get u high. on any sitl you find like this, type in dextromethorphan, this will let you see that sites "code words" for high. that combined with prodrug sites and forums should be pretty sufficient.

7. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o Male from Canada
    I started with a half a pill so 25 mg . I tried that for 3 nights and then stayed off of it a few nites. Then tried 50mgs and it was the same thing, terrible nasal congestion.It didn't help me sleep either and I was so uncomfortable not being able to breathe through my nose that I just gave up. I've dealt with insomnia all my life and have tried just about everything except prescription drugs. Finally I went to the Dr about it and was given Ambien, which worked great and I didn't feel groggy all day. On trazodone I had zombie like feelings all day.

8. generich201

generich201 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    used it for about a year 100mg definitly agree with the zombie feelings hopefully it works better for you

9. aMorphius

aMorphius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has used this on and off for a couple of years to help him sleep. If
    SWIM hasent used it for a couple of days and takes 50mg at bed-time, he
    has the most excellent dreams! The next morning SWIM feels fine; no
    groggy hangover. Also there seems to be no tolerence build up as far as
    its sleep inducing powers go. So I have to give it a thumbs up!

10. skitz0frantic

skitz0frantic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    I've tried trazodone from a medicine cabinet raid for fun. if u wana sleep take it for sure, but it doesnt give u an enjoyable buzz. i grabbed a handful and being an idiot my friend and me decided to take them during school! i took one.. she popped 2. STUPID haha, we skipped and went to get a tall coffee.

11. Toltec

Toltec Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    How well does trazodone end a trip?
    Swim has 5 100mg pills of trazodone. He is wondering, if he took DOI and wanted to get to sleep after the 8th hour, will one pill work? Swims never taken trazodone before.

What about if someone was heading turds a freak out would 100mgs of trazodone kill the trip enough to clam and bring them back to there senses, then off to sleep.

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM has never used trazadone to terminate a trip but he has used it once it was nearly down to try to sleep. 10mg might help but for swim xanax seems to be much more effective. The trazadone dont seem to have the power to calm swims body after a trip as much as xanax can.

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Okay...now can you tell the entire planet that which would be of use other than your exit strategy, Mr. Bush? Such as: How many mgs. were useful for sleep? How bad was the aftermath - aside from assmouth? So forth.

The idea is to educate and enlighten the masses.

14. forest420

forest420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    yeah i took 200mg at once plus like 9 bowls of dank and then had to bike home quite far, i was sooo fucked up i cant even remember most shit just that i was high/tired and walked with my friend part of the way and i lost ma bus pass. My friend said i threw up but was like tripping balls, haha. of corse when i got home i crashed like a mofo

in my opinion its an good drug if u like taking random prescription drugs for different buzz/highs, but if ur like me and just like to feel good and trip balls its not that great. having said that ima bout to c if i can take half an get a mild buzz later jus because im bored lol.

15. opi.c

opi.c Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from Canada
    swim was prescribed 100mg every night.... take it on an empty stomach - very euphoric and heavy body load - like a nice opiate/kratom trip. swim would suggest this for anyone with insomnia - swim has been dealing with if for 6 years now, and this is finally he first thing that worked,

16. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

You are saying that trazadone gave you an euphoric trip and compare it to opiate/kratom feelings?

Are you sure about that with trazadone?

17. HamHock

HamHock Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I've been on trazodone for a few months now, once you get used to it a little bit, you need to increase the dose and stay up as long as you can. After a few days, once you get up to about 400mg - 600mg, there is a very noticabe high. Very very similar to an opiate high. In a much better mood, high, slight tracers. Hangover in the morning feels like weed hangover.

18. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Found a bottle of this stuff MANY years ago, must have been 19-20 at the time. Took 150mg pill, knocked me out for 14+ hours, was terribly hung-over for two days unable to think. Never touched them again, no recreational value.

19. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    God I hate trazadone. In the hospital, they tried to give me that shit for insomnia. I took 50 mg and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep but I was so fucking tired. And I had the worst dry mouth. I had to keep drinking water but then I'd have to get up to pee. It took me about 5 hours to fall asleep. I was so hungover the next day that I just had to stay in bed. It was a mental hospital and they don't like you just staying in your room but I had to that day.

Also I was prescribed 25 mg for depression and insomnia. i hated it cus sometimes I'd fall asleep and forget to take it. It just didn't work for me. And once, on a Greyhound bus, I mistook my trazadone for my Klonopin and took 3 trazadone by mistake. Yeah, it sucked. Trying to stay awake on the bus and horrible dry mouth.

I hate this drug. I had a bottle with about 100 pills in it and I threw it in the garbage. I'd rather not sleep than take trazadone. Miserable fucking drug.

20. Saccharine

Saccharine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    Sleeping pills are strange for me. Sometimes one will knock me out, but I took 3 Trazadones once and sat in the shower, wide awake.

Saccharine added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I prefer clonazepam, it's much gentler.

Last edited: May 13, 2013