Speed and Studying

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by radronOmega, Dec 19, 2005.

1. radronOmega

radronOmega Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o
    Hi, i'm new to this forum and I have a few questions for the experienced users.

I go to a really competitive high school (ranked #21 in the united states) and I often find myself staying up all night studying. But after around 11 my studying becomes ineffective as i get incredibly sleepy. I am going to get speed soon, and I am just wondering how much of it will i need to get me just enough buzz to go through the night to study and get a high grade on my test :Dand also, how much of it until it kills me.

Thanks!!!

2. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sleep is really essential, you need it to remember the things you study. When you are sleeping (specifically while you are in REM) your brain is reorganizing and storing things.

Speed (amphetamine) and some other stimulants are useful around finals for people who have trouble studying. You sound like the kind of person who can sit down and study for long periods of time without drugs. I don't think speed is going to help you do better in school. If you were a college student who slacked off the entire semester and has one week to cram for finals I might say otherwise.

Dosn't he have to be 18 or older to post here anyway? His profile says he is 15.

---------------

It sounds to me like you are taking on too much and are overly obsessed with grades.

Case a point, you say that you school is ranked 21st and seem to imply that because of this your school is somehow superior. The critera used for those rating systems to rank schools is absolutely retarded. They look at things like the total number (not %) of students enrolled in AP classes and don't look at AP test scores. However you care only that you school is ranked 21st, not how it is ranked.

There is a big difference between good students and sucessful people. Lots of kids are good at being students but not much else. You can't be a student your whole life. If you haven't read The Bell Jar (by Sylvia Plath) already I suggest you do, you could learn a lot from it.

I'm not telling you to fail out of school or slack off, but studying this much is not really appropriate or healthy (physically or mentally). Eventually you will burn out if you haven't already started to.

Your only 15 (so I assume a freshman or sophmore). Trust me, you will not be able to last. If you do I doubt you will have any social life. I also doubt grades will bring you the fufilment you are seeking.

Try to lighten your course load. Doing really well in a small number of courses is probably better than just doing good in a large number of courses.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim highly recomends low doses of 2c-D for studying. Not only will it help you stay awake and focused, but will also make memorizing and learning things 500%+ easier. Also, won't fitigue your body out like stimulants will.

4. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    It has been taken care of. Sorry radronOmega please read the rules before signing up you must be at least 18 years of age or older to be a member of this forum.