Speed, concerning heartbeat !!

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Citroenboom, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Citroenboom

Citroenboom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been surfing a bit, but alas I couldn't find the info I wanted to know, so I thought I'd post a thread here and see what comes out of it. Help highly appreciated.

Last night I've used speed (Amphetamine) for the first time and after snorting quite a bit (alot of small lines), I suddenly felt my heart beating in my throat and I experienced a slight opressive feeling. Sometimes (I think it happened about 7 times in total) it felt as if my heart was beating two times in a row, andafter that holding a small pause, and then continuing its' normal (very fast and very hard) beating. Like this:

boom, boom, boom, boom-boom, ... ... , boom, boom, boom.

The feeling can be felt in my throat mainly and it wasn't that I was scared that I wouldn't survive it, but I'm just curious as to how bad this is, and what it is, exactly, and if anyone ever experienced something simular (?).

In general, I'm just very curious how bad Amphetamine is for your health, because I can't really find any articles about it. Alot about XTC, yeah, but none about amphetamines => Arg.

All I know is that it withdraws lime, and that, if you overdose, you can get a heart attack or something of the likes. Well I'm not specifically interested in how much % there is that it will kill me, I just want to know really if it's safe to use it once a week or so, maybe twice..

I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

2. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It's bad, its really bad for your heart. Those loud and hard heartbeats are normal. It's proven that _CLEAN_ meth doesn't do any braindamage. But its bad for your heart/liever/bloodvains..you name it.

But, a human body can take alot of the shit we use. Its amazing how badly you can f*ck up your well and do some excersice...

Keep it easy and dont do stupid stuff ;)

3. Lacognac69

Lacognac69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ya, that definitely doesn't sound too good. I have felt that way on occassion and considering drugs can often make you paranoid you can get scared too. Most likely your perception of your heart beat was that it was irregular, but it probably was fine. A lot of times it can be hard to find your pulse and keep it in a spot to get an accurate reading or whatever. If you definitely think your heartbeat was irregular, i wouldn't fuck around with any stimulants any more because that could definitely cause a heart attack. Usually stimulants tend to just speed up your heart rate along with other effects, but this is usually similar to heavy excercise and isn't necessarily damaging, unless you have high blood pressure, or you are out of shape etc. But definitely be careful with that stuff.

4. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Heart attacks are extremely rare on meth, even when an overdose (also extremely rare because it takes so much) occurs. Irregular heartbeat, while uncommon, does occur sometimes. Most of the time people suddenly notice their heart is beating a lot quicker and harder then normal (which is okay), then they start to worry about it which makes it worse.

As for health concerns, short-term health problems are usually not an issue for most people. However, if you're planning on using indefinitely, there are numerous long-term risks. As already established, it is very bad for your heart, and can lead to cardiac arrest, heart failure, stroke, etc. For most people, these generally don't become an issue untilseveral yearsor so of use has taken place. Many others are more sensitive to the physical damage, however.

5. CBR1000

CBR1000 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    FYI - Did you know 95% people cannot quit meth? Try cocaine or heroin its less addicting.

6. Synthe-heart

Synthe-heart Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Indeed really bad for your heart... I know the feeling and it's not that easy/safe to go on with it
    When I snort a line I feel it really hard and feel I can't take more than that (before the heartproblems I snorted a gram in a day)

be safe ppl!

7. moeBius

moeBius Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.K.

for all i know methamphetamine is neurotoxic, same with mdma.
    amphetamine isnt, afaik. sorry that i dont have a quote from a
    trustworthy source, but i'm pretty sure about it.

8. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, methamphetamine is neurotoxic. Maybe not at very low doses when used as a medicine, but in recreational doses yes.

And the figure is 93% relapse after seeking treatment...this does not mean that these people cannot eventually quit though. Meth is hard as fucking hell to quit, but it can be done (I did it). And yes, I relapsed one time after trying to quit. Second time was a charm.Edited by: tweakerfrommars