Speed Studying? Need advice, and ASAP

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by fakeblood, Apr 3, 2005.

1. fakeblood

fakeblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This post isratherlong,but please,if you are an experiencedamphetamine user, or have used the drug to aid you to do work/study, please, please read on. I need some speedy advice.

The deadline forsubmitting my university dissertation is in 21 days. It is thefinaland most important work of my academic life.My universityadvised me to begin it over 4 months ago. But did I? Fcuk, no. To this day I haven't started it. Fcuk me, I am fcuked.

I would say that aspects of mypersonality conflict with what's required to be academically successful. I amlazy and find it difficult to'put my mind' to things thatrequire effort.I procrastinatework until there is *only* just enough time to complete it. The fear of failureis what motivates me, and I am finally able to apply maximum and sustained concentration to the task until its completion. It's pretty shocking that Ive managed to make it this far.

That brings me back to my dissertation paper.To complete it on time I've estimated that I need to do an average of8 hours of continuous, good work everyday up until the day it is to be handed in.

Had I been my old [pre 'hard drugs']self, I would feel pressured enough by now to put in the required work. Sadly however, heavy drug abuse in recent months has rendered me into a shadow of my former self. I have taken approximately 35-40 Ecstasy pills, and been on near-double-figure cocaine binges that lastedsomtimes 3 or 4 days. Though I have been clean fornearly 2 months (bar the odd joint),my brain is not nearly asstable or powerful as once was.The side-effects of my drug-use that are most impeding to my work are: mood-swings (sometimes happy, sharp and able, other times depressed and very sluggish); concentrationproblems (having to read a sentence3 times before my brain decides to process it, etc);over-sleeping (6 or7 hours no longer suffice); anxiety (though only mild and very occasional). Too often Im thinking about what Im thinking about, and I cant help it. Anyone else get this? Anyway what's clear is that in this state of unstability, it's (very) unlikely that I will make the deadline. ThusI will fail my degree - an unacceptablewaste of 4 years anda lot of fukkin money.

Pondering my predicament eariler today, a thought occured to me: drugs got me into this mess, and maybe -- if used in strict moderation -- they can get me out of it too. Thus we finally move ontoSpeed, a drug that I know not much about.I remembered readingin a newspaper that amphetaminesare sometimes prescribed to children to aidstuyding (although Im no child - Im 22).

My question thereforeis this: could Speed help mewith mywork? I need something that will motivate me and to help me to concentrate for the best part of the next3 weeks. Is it possible to use minute amounts of the drug without sufferingharsh side-effects? I dont mind if I lose weight: passing my degree is myonly priority. Still, Im concerned about any long-term side-effects.Taking Ecstasy has damaged my short term memory with little or no sign of improvement since abstaining. Further damage caused by Speed would not make taking it worthwhile. I mean, what the fcuk are we without memories? But still, from what Ive read about amphetamines so far, my general feeling is that I really could benefit. I have to use it in a way thatmakes meas productive and efficient as possiblewith minimal side-effects. I need experienced users to give me somepractical, comprehensive advice. It would be greatly appreciated. God damn.

(I just spoke to mycannabis dealer here in Englandwho said that he couldobtain some good quality 'speed paste'for me.And by the way, the risk of abuse would be very low because I would give the'stuff' to my brother and ask him to give meonly a certain dose at some agreed time.)

2. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey man,

Good post. Interesting. You need some "speedy" advice...pun intended? lol. I'll try and help you out.

I can say from my experiences that speed can for sure help with studying but this takes self discipline. I was into coke and Heroin for awhile but I had to get back into school and studying (I'm 20). I got dexedrine prescribed (legally from my doc) to help me with school. Speed is HIGHLY addictive...You have to be really careful or you're going to get yourself into a whole lot of trouble with it. You are not going to do yourself alot of damage (brain or body) with speed if you take it in moderation...I don't know you so I don't know if moderation is possible. The risk of abuse is high...you think coke and heroin are really addictive? well speed is in the same league when it comes to addiction, believe it or not.

I can totally relate with you when it comes to being lazy, over-sleeping, mood swings, or having trouble getting started on assignments. School has been a struggle for me, and yes...speed has helped. It gives me the drive I need to get started and finish assignments.

Taking speed doesn't mean you have to lose a whole lot of weight. Force yourself to eat and drink alot of water. I'm a thin guy and I can't afford to lose any weight and I haven't lost much weight at all since I started dex (been a few months).

Well that's my scattered post. I hope you found some stuff in there to help you out!. Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

Matt

3. fakeblood

fakeblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Cheers for the reply, buddy.

It's "HIGHLY" addictive? Whatwithdrawl symptoms would I suffer if I have, let's say,twosmall dabs every other day (morning andafternoon)for the next 3 weeks? How would dosing like thisaffect my sleep? And how do you thinkI'd feel on the days between using?I don't want to risk feeling depressedas I'llneedto carry onworking.Missing even a day wouldjeoparadise my degree. Perhaps drinking lotsof coffee would help with my motivation and concentration. It definitely isn't a goodidea to doSpeed everyday though, is it?

Also, does tolerance build up quickly?And how does it affect memory? Does it make you more forgetful? What dosage are you on, if you dont mind me asking? I dont want to feel 'euphoric' or get into a deep-thinking mode. All I wantfrom the drugisa little assistance to help mefocus and make me sharper.

My discipline sucks cum. I have no idea what 'moderation' means (been meaning to look it up in the dictionary). Give me a bag of pills and Ill gobble them like sweeties, andI'd probably suck bagfulls of strong speed until my nasal septum erodes. Thats why if i go ahead with this, Im gonnagive the shit to mebrother who can act likeme pharmacist.

Sorry about all the questions. You have to understand taht this is extremely important to me: I dont want to make a wrong decision and lose my degree, etc.

Anyway, Ill let you know tomorrow what I decide.

4. fakeblood

fakeblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hands up everyone who watches the Simpsons. Keep your hands up if you manage to: take in, process and understand more than 90% of what you see and hear in an episode. If asked this before I hadstarted taking drugs, I would still have my hand up. But now I cant really say that I watch it at all. Yes, I sit and watch episodes from beginning to end, but more often than not my thoughts will be about something other than the cartoon. Ill watch a scene and understand it, but then something in my brain decides that some sub-thought related to what I just sawis more interesting than what's currently on the screen. Ok, so the Simpsons isfairly fast-moving, but it's designed so that the 'average' human can follow it without much difficulty, right?On a bad day I will barely scratch the surface. Does anyone knowif this is a symptom of attention disorder?

I remember occasions in my highschool days when someone would be telling me an anictode or something, and instead of listening and taking in what they were saying, I'd analyse the waythey told their story. I'd have to pretend that I understood what they'd said. Anyway,it didn't happen often and when I got olderit completely stopped. But now,sinceI started takingMDMA, the 'condition' is back and Im a little worried. Anyone know anything about this shit? Anyone recommend that i see a doctor?

(I should probably post this in an mdma forum, but Im a lazy fukker.)

5. jaspurr

jaspurr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    There was an episode of Family Ties where Michael J Fox took speed to study.

You sound just like me and I used it to study.

Take a little bit each day before study and make sure you get to sleep each night so don't take too much.

Nothing is worse than turning up to an exam coming down hard.

It is not a good thing to do but if you sit a test while under the influence time each question as you will put too much detail in one question and not have enough time to finish the rest.

j

6. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Its a pity you dont have more time or you could have tried piracetam+choline or something similar over a couple of weeks. Taking it regularly it can make your concentration level shoot right up its really good around exam time.

I'd say if you are taking speed just remember you are only taking it towork on your dissertationand dont take it at any other times. lol that way you might be able to get addicted to writing your dissertation! Nah but seriously eat well, sleep well and i'm sure you will be fine.

7. fakeblood

fakeblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Fuck it. Fuck it. Fuck it. Fuck speed.

Instead im going to exercise vigorously, eat extremely healthily, drink a bit of coffee and do this fucking work.

Drugs are bad, and everyone knows it.

8. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Well when i was in university in my second year i left all my papers till the last minute. I didnt get any speed-there was none around-i just bought a bunch of wake up pills at the drug store and pulled a bunch of all nighters.

Im lazy to when it comes to school work, or was lazy i should say. I was like u and couldnt put my mind to it and had other interests-my girlfriend who i had shacked up with, booze, hash and lsd. AAh the good ole days.

Well i got the papers done, but i did flunk out that year. lol. Good luck with the paper man.

9. SPEEDY_PILLTIER

SPEEDY_PILLTIER Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hey !! regarding taking speed for educational purpose i would recomment it ... but not for the whole 3 weeks .. start off sober doing ur work or with coffeee do as much as u can that way and when u get tired of work and u cant concentrate no more start taking speed. For studing u need very litle speed as litle as u wont even feel ur on speed just u wont get tired. Taking it during the evening is not good because u wont get good sleep. I have done it myself ( finishing off college right now 87% average). I have a history of drugs a bit like u ... ecstacy is my main drug !! but i have control and never abused of it ! Speed is addictive but is u have self control and dont develop a routine u wont get addicted !! I hope this helps ! Peace out good luck !

Tags: