Speed

Discussion in 'Caffeine & Coffee' started by Premise, May 1, 2004.

1. Premise

Premise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Growing up (in the 70's)we used to get pills (Yellow Jackets, Black Mollies, ect.). Does this type of speed still exist?

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I think you are talking about caffiene pills. Yes, they still exist from what I know. You can also find mini thins, ect.

3. Premise

Premise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    They might have been, however I do not believe so. In the 70's they were presciptions so that lends me to believe they were more. Thanks for the reply.

4. austin

austin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes They still sell Yellow-Jackets at most trucker stops (behind the counter[​IMG])

5. bigloc

bigloc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The yellow jackets from the 70s that you could buy mail order they don't make any more sorry

6. Delfonic-the33rd

Delfonic-the33rd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have heard about Black Mollies/Black Beauties from a buddies uncle(he was a TRIIIP). Anywho, he said they were a medicine prescribed called Biphetamine. Yes, YellowJackets are your ordinary caffeine pills, but the others spoken about were a type of legal speed like Desoxyn from back in the day.

7. ZenobiaSky

ZenobiaSky Queen of Zen

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Back in the 70's and 80's Amphetamine and Speed was easily accessible, where speed was just another name for amphetamines, but over the years the laws have gotten stricter.

Black Beauties; contained a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (same as Adderall), and became widely used by truckers in the 60's and 70's until meth became more prevalent, and the government outlawed this use of them and reclassified it as a schedule II medication.

White Crosses; another one popular among truckers and teens, and contained both amphetamine and methamphetamine. No wonder they were so addictive. Needless to say this to was quickly banned also.

Pink hearts; also contained an amphetamine, although I'm still convinced these were just caffeine or ephedrine pills. They were popular among high school kids and were quickly banned after several people had bad side effects from it's use.

Black Mollies (not to be confused with todays term "molly" meaning Ecstasy). Also contained Amphetamines, and to follow suit with the rest of them, they were banned,

Yellow Jackets; (Last but not least, everyone's favorite) these contained a combination of antidepressants and methamphetamine, which explains it's popularity since some antidepressants can enhance the effects of the methamphetamine. And once again anything containing meth was banned as a schedule I narcotic.

So NOT just caffeine pills those of us who were around back then and got to partake in these recreationals, know era of amphetamines when they were way better than anything out there today. And I think Caffeine is about the only legal over the counter stimulant left. Although I have heard of people running across some of these, but I'm sure it's not the same thing as it once was.

What a nice trip down memory lane, when amphetamines were readily available, good. And hope you learned a little trivia aobut the "old School" pill poppers from another era

8. Cid Lysergic

Cid Lysergic Pill Popping, & Acid Dropping, Dope-Headed Guy Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Calgary, Alberta
    Yellow jackets in my area used to contain Ephedrine. Truckers speed we called it as it was found at truckstops. Not around anymore though due to what Ephedrine can be used for obviously.

9. Erowid

Erowid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    62 y/o from Phx

Yepper them ere da' days, Once I came across a " jar" of sodium phenobarbital..whoooa Tiger! :) I came across some real STP 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine or DOM..what a trip :) At the time at thought I'de never come down. :) But being the professional space cowboy I am, I had not a lick of problems smomok'im bowl after bowl, :) good memomies Cid.lsd.

1. 2/5,
      Unreadable nonsense
      Jun 10, 2017
  10. Whitenose

Whitenose Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from ,
    In '60 and '70 here in Spain pharmacies sended OTC Centramina (amphetamine sulphate 10mg pills), Dexedrina Spansuls (dexamphetamine caps), Minilip (phentermine), Delgamer (phenmetrazine), Bustaid (pills with methamphetamine 5mg and phenobarbital 20mg) and Maxibamato (meprobamate and dexamphetamine). In '80 start to control the distribution and were getting amphetamines out of Spain until 1990 which was removed Centramina, the last. In that time the amphetamines were known in Europe as "the spanish drug"

11. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    In the late 70s when I was a whelp we had pills named Captagon (Fenethylline) that was first produced by Degussa AG in Germany. Really soft on the heart from what I remember. I didnt have too many of them, soon came AMphetamine sulfate to replace the pills that had become illegal in, 2003. Anecdotes said it would have been available by mail up to 2010 from international sources.
    The substance is said to have played a role in the Syrian Civil War from 2013 on.

BBW

12. Whitenose

Whitenose Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from ,
    Captagon was fenethylline but it was banned in all the world in 1986 and since that the Captagon produced ilegally is never fenethylline, all the decomised is amphetamine with caffeine and rarely meth, ephedrine or mazindol

13. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    (highlighting mine).

This needs to have sources, please.
    1986 the UNDOC put it on the list of dangerous drugs which does not equate a worldwide ban.

14. Whitenose

Whitenose Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from ,
    In 1986 the production, distribution and sell of Captagon were banned. Search in Google "illegal Captagon composition"

1. 3/5,
      Google is not a primary source. You have to explain yourself better, thank you. Sources for claims should be official documents or scientific studies that should be uploaded to DF's database. Simply saying 'google' is near to being impolite.
      Apr 2, 2018
  15. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    my source is https://sana.sy/en/?tag=captagon - in none of the 25 reports about drug seizures nowhere is said that the seized 'Captagon' pills were something other then Fenethylline.

I do not want to lead this thread astray about the actual content of the pills, it is about speed that appeared and disappeared. In *MY* days we had real Captagon, whether the arab terrorists today use different drugs doesn't really matter to this thread.

BBW

16. Whitenose

Whitenose Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from ,
    You were luky for can get that pills, I have methylphenidate and is a lot. I would like to test meth but here in Spain there is not a black market of meth