Spun

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Tyman, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Tyman

Tyman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Any you guys ever see the movie spun? its pretty funny esspecially when ur all tweaked out lol

2. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah it is a good tweeking film, I don't really like watching movies tweeked though, I watched it stoned

3. gepta001

gepta001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah I can't watch a movie while tweakin, I can't listen to most songs all the way through. I will "sample" a song or a movie, and then move on to another subject/tangent.

The movie Spun in my opionion was...(scuse the vernaculer) a complete piece of utter $#!+

I'm in the film business, so opinionated, and educated on the subject of film.

nuff said

sorry that I'm obnoxioxiously opinionated about movies.

Gepta001

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I really liked the movie....I've only done meth once...it is really like that when your a meth head??? I just liked the movie a lot because Britney Murphey was in, she's my bitch, i love her....I thought she played a good role.

5. gepta001

gepta001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the only good thing about that movie, was how disgusting they made the tweakers look. and as cute as Britney Murphey is, I wouldn't like that film because she was in it. I mean she looks fugly.

-geps

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    and as cute as Britney Murphey is, I wouldn't like that film because she was in it. I mean she looks fugly

I dont like her just because of her looks, I just thinks she seems like a cool chick....everyone in that movie looks nasty...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    that movie is f**king awsome to watch stoned.

8. saxchick0330

saxchick0330 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    that movie was dumb and pointless. But i say bravo to all the camios in the film. what Brittany Murphy says to the dude in the end.. what we all say to ourselves.. thats when i took a fat hit from my shit piece, shrugged my shoulders and passed the pipe.

9. brainwaxd

brainwaxd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD =text vAlign=top background="" bgColor=#f4f4fb>

in my generic newbie opinion, spun did a better job summarizing and telling the general "meaning" of meth use in the U.S.... basic and duldry plot with enough loud cool drug scenes spaced just far enough away from each other to make it entirely watchable, and believable (writer seems to have lived it).... a work of beautiful tastelessart

salton sea in my generic newbie opinion summed up what the meth problem looks like to the majority of the american population who haven't dealt with first handbut only heard about the meth problem through news, town talk, ect... i still havent seen the whole thing (still havent found a complete copy in anyone's openNap share folder) and that's due entirely to the fact that i simply can't watch a movie that makes a "perpetual night party" look like a hippy LSD freakout. yeah there was a guy in the corner disassembling a VCR, but the rest seemed like the writer took a few stories and imagined another 90% to fill up a movie script.... a Hollywood flop

but at least now i know not to trust any conspicuously aging sissy like tweekers... dude, it's Ice Man!</TD></TR></T></TABLE>sorry but i saw two posts about "spun" and i really enjoyed that movie... so for those of you annoyed to see it twice in a row on the top of the forum, im the bad guy i guess...[​IMG]

10. Lacognac69

Lacognac69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    <DIV>I really liked spun. Definitely a good array of characters in it. Definitely pretty entertaining, better than most the shit that comes out nowadays. the salton sea is also worth watching. It turns out to be pretty emotional at the end and there also some good fight kind of scenes. </DIV>

11. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mickey Rourke as the cook + a soundtrack by Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins leader) = A good god damned time

I only wish that it would have gotten more exposoure, while the story
    itself is....weak at best, the performances are outstanding, truly
    outstanding!

Edited by: William_Again

12. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I just thought it was pretty lame how they portray the culture... sure some people let themselves get to that point, but seriously. I mean, it makes everyone who has ever LOOKED at meth look like a total fuck.

The cook was entertaining, but again I found it to be all too cheesy to watch again. (except when the cook threw that six-pack at the guy. that was gold.)

13. William_Again

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A good drug film to check out is Drugstore Cowboy, it came out in '89, but its really good, funny and real.

14. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Drugstore Cowdboy was greeat!

I bought spun on DVD before I even watched it because I collect drug movies (so I have a selection to watch when im high off of something) anyways I never even watched the whole movie it seemed pretty sh*tty to me. The tweakers are so disgusting, I figured this movie is basicly trying to scare people from doing meth. (not that that is a bad thing) I cannot watch this movie due to the redneck, white-trash tweakers.

15. William_Again

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    its not trying to scare people, the filmmakers wanted you to be
    repulsed and completely turned off by them at first, but as the film
    moves along you realize that these speed freaks are just normal people
    not monsters who will rob, rape, and maim you, but normal people who
    fell into the wrong hole...You grow to empathize and sympathize
    with them.
    Edited by: William_Again

16. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I've never seen Spun, but I heard about it from a friend
    recently. Despite the bad reviews, I'll probably watch it anyway,
    just to see what's it's really like.

If you're looking for more info on the movie, check out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283003/

17. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "The tweakers are so disgusting, I figured this movie is basicly trying to scare people from doing meth. (not that that is a bad thing) I cannot watch this movie due to the redneck, white-trash tweakers."

"Red-neck white trash" makes up an incredibly large demographic of tweakers. And the setting of the movie was basedon real life.

Great movie. I tend to watch Spunmore because Isympathize and relate with it immensely, but Requiem for a Dream is still my favorite drug movie (never done heroin though).

18. William_Again

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Requim is good, but sometimes its too dark. The book was good but a bit
    of a tough read due to the way the guy wrote it (he seems to have never
    heard of qoutations or apostraphies). Traffic is another good drug film.

19. demonsdemon

demonsdemon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Howdy from LA CA (that'd be Hollywood, fer most of ya'all). SPUN, whata movie! In my part of the world that movie is a dead-on portrayal of a typical low level tweek dealers pad. I used to "work" at a house almost EXACTLY like that, down to the video game tweeker. All the roles are realistic-Xcept the cops...they tweek alright but are not as goofy as those in the flick (IMO the writer/director probably purposly made the pigs cartoonish).

THREE reasons I recommend the flick:
    1. The visualization, which is used throughout the movie, of the effects of doing a line of rightous dope is masterful. IMO it really captures the effect, or so I say.
    2. The whole part where the puerto rican dude is talking/getting off with phone sex (Debra Harry-from BLONDIE fame) while his old lady is in the next "room" is way too familiar and the out come is hilarious.

3. The slowed down, country music cover of Iron Maidens' -The Number of the Beast MUST be checked out by anyone who is/was an Eddie fan.

Brittany Murphy is even hot as atweeker/stripper bia-tch, and Mikey Roarke is the embodyment of a cook.

I give it three thumbs up!

20. bmk

bmk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ever tweaked and lost your gear like spider. it sux. it seemed like a good hiding spot at the time. lol