1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Combinations - SSRI’s and other antidepressant

Discussion in 'Antidepressants' started by Bojangles, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 29, 2004
    So I have been on Sertraline (Zoloft in US) and I have read that it may counter react the effects of acid andxtc...I am a huge acid head and I do trip however I dont have visuals anymore...I used to but now I dont, I think it is b/c of the amount of hallucinigens i have took...I have tried XTC before and it doesnt work on me...i know the pills were real. I've tried it about 3 different times, never felt anything...one time I had a total of 5 pink e pills...I snorted one, took three, and parachuted the other...everyone was rolling face except me....I believe this is due to my medication...anyone have any insights....????

OH hyeah...there were times where i stopped taking my meds about 2-3 days before dropping acid, and i still tripped the same way i always do...i guess i just cant rolll
  2. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 17, 2004
    from U.K.
    im not completly sure but if you have too much serotonin slushing around your snapyses which is the primary action of most antideprssants and then you pop a pile of xtc which also increases the serotonin in your brain just drastically more than antidepressants, this could cause 'serotonin syndrome' which causes headache,nausea,dysphoria and other unpleasant side effects this could have been what ruined your xtc experience
  3. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 28, 2006
    from spain

Don't know about acid but sertraline as any other ssri type medication will block MDMA effects very effectively. I don't know why this happens but here is good link:

SSRI are often used after rolling to minimize MDMA neurotoxic effects.
  4. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Mar 7, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    I was on prozac for a couple of years and had tryed ex during one of those. I thought it was the biggest hype he had ever heard. but now that hes off prozac(mainly so he can take x)everything is peachy keen and the rollin is good