1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - Starter dose of Dimenhydrinate/ Diphenhydramine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by FlyingNinja, Jun 22, 2007.

1. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    Uh so I have basically killed DXM for himself through a mild addiction at the end of his spring semester/through early summer and its getting toooo expensive/ annoying with all the extractions and shiz that have to be done (syrup got annoying)

I was reading up and heard you could trip balls :crazy off of dramamine/benadryl (I am planning to go for the Dimenhydrinate in dramamine as he heard its better but I will go for whatever the local acme has ... and they have alot of shit)

I couldnt however, find any dosing charts or anything like that what would be a good dose / product/ active ingredient list for swim. (swim heard any generic motion sickness pills will do as long as the ingredients are correct)

btw I am not in the slightest bit scared of of any deliriants/psychoactives
    I has tried acid, shrooms, dxm, and nutmeg/nitrous/dxm

2. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    Re: Starter dose of Dimenhydrinate/ Dimenhydramine

Oral Diphenhydramine Dosages
    (Recreational)
    Threshold 10mg
    Light 25-150 mg
    Common 150-300 mg
    Strong 250-500 mg
    Heavy 400-700
    LD50 (Lethal Dose*) 500 mg/kg in rats
    Duration : 4 - 8 hours

OK so swim found this... just looking for dosages of its counterpart and which products for both/ ingredients to watch for

3. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o

I went with 125 mg his first trip but mileage may vary!

4. chrisn

chrisn Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

People have vastly different tolerances with these drugs, and tolerance develops fast, so dosage is rather hard to calculate. Also, DPH and DMH are very random drugs--that is, 300mg may be crazy one day, and 600mg may do almost nothing another day. I have heard that if one is having a large amount of allergies, those may "use up" some of the drug lessening its psychoactive effect.

As for the difference, dimenhydrinate is basically diphenhydramine with another molecule attached. Because of this, dimenhydrinate doses will be roughly twice that of diphenhydramine doses. I'd recommend just using DPH to keep it simple.

5. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o

For a beginner I am pretty certain 300mg would be way too much.600mg?That would be sheer insanity!Diphenhydramine can be some very scary stuff,swim hopes whoever plans on tripping on it the first time would take all the neccessary precautions.

6. pooper77

pooper77 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I took 12 50mg tablets. maybe swim read something wrong but I didn't have the trip swim expected. I had momments where everything was blue and saw wierd shapes in his bedroom wall for about 5 minutes, but other than that he was just very tired for a couple hours.

7. tupacalypse88

tupacalypse88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.

I think this drug is a waste of time. he read online how u can trip balls off it so he tried taking bennadryll. anyway he took 24 and he felt stoned for about 30 min. anyway he was desperate to have a trip like he read about so one night he wound up taking 72 pills. no tripping balls, however he had troubble breathing for hours, and his skin was red. I will never touch that stuff again.

8. chrisn

chrisn Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Just so You knows, 72 pills (assuming 25mg each, so 1800mg) is risking a fatal dose. If benedryl just isn't working for someone, taking a heroic dose is not necessarily a solution.

9. tupacalypse88

tupacalypse88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.

swim knws it could have been fatal but at that time in his life he just didnt care anymore.