Combinations - Staying Upbeat

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by manda, Feb 17, 2005.

1. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone have any tips for staying in a good mood and not focusing on negative so much it ruins your trip?
    Or how to blow off other's judgements or laughter?
    How can you have a good trip, without being worried about other people, especially if they're around you? How can you blow that shit off? [​IMG]

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    If only I knew that...

Some people suggest heavy doses(500-1000mg) of vitamin B3 will elliminate tensions and help in case of a bad trip. Deep breathing can also be a good idea, but experiment with it when you're sober first, it might also make you more scared if you're not familliar with how it works.

I have the same problem when I'm tripping which is why I usually do it alone, I can't really relate to the scene of a party when I'm tripping on psychedelics. I get paranoid and depressed.

Oh, yeah, going for a walk, even if it's just a stroll around the room might help. It get's you more in touch with the surroundings and quiets the paranoid delusions you might experience when sitting still and thinking too much.

Further input on this subject will be appreciated.

3. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for a thoughtful answer! How neat. Actually, SWIM trips while on ups.... It can ruin a whole night for me. It's nice to know, you, too, lack an answer on how to blow people off. You're smart to suggest breathing sober. That could trip someone high out...on any drug. You are insightful. Thanks!!!!

4. mattp

mattp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    try having your a mix of your favorite music readily available. some
    songs that bring back pleasant tripping memories. also, have someting
    around you that you tripped with and had a great time. i always have a
    balloon with me to trip. even though on high doses of acid, SWIM can
    never figure out how to blow up a balloon, it always cheers me up
    whenever someone blows it up and lets swim play with it.

5. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    My dog

made this message on an Ouija board:

"On a bad XTC comedown SwiFr tried to smoke weed to calm him down but it didn't help. It may have even made things worse. What calmed him down was some really calm chill music, in this case Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92.
    What was also soothing was the gentle heat and the soft pink shine of a lava lamp (purple "water" and orange "wax")Edited by: FrankenChrist

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. brooklyn718

brooklyn718 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Theres plenty of mental focusing excersises to keep excitement up and positive upbeat feelings

7. brooklyn718

brooklyn718 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    oops- sorry i forgot what is good is smart drugs, nothings better than to take more chemicals right?? why strain yourself and force yourself to be upbeat? I would suggest 500-1000 mg of acetyl carnatine to feel more ubeat without trying too much.

8. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A sensible dose of GBL/GHB is remarkable at overcoming depressing thoughts or the hell of serotonin syndrome.

It can also calm you if the trip is just too intense for comfort.

9. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    When a party turns bad, there's always one thin you can do to bring it back up. Sometimes it's laughing sometimes it's dancing, sometimes it's TV, sometimes it's chillout music, sometimes it's rock music, sometimes it's going outside. You need to develop an instinct for what to do in what situation.

That's just a matter of telling yourself not to let egos become a factor when you're busy being psychedelicEdited by: Hyperreal

10. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Some trips are ment to take alone, some with a companion, some trips are ment to take with a guide. Just know how you are feeling. If you want to have a silly trip, eat mushrooms with a silly friend. Feeling sexy, eat some sextasy with a female friend. Having some hard times, be ready for a hard trip. People say don't trip when you are depressed. That is probably a good idea if you have suicidal tendancies because you may just enhance your depression. But I actually find that although the trip may be disphoric I learn some good lessons. Just know your body know your mind and love yourself.

P.S. Follow the white rabbit.

11. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah i hate when my mood destroys a trip. The thing that actually
    taught me how to deal with these experiences was reading. I would
    really recommend you read a book by timothy leary called "the
    psycadelic experience. A manual based on the tiberian book of the
    dead". I also read High Preist by Timothy leary, also
    recomended. It is just a bunch of timothy leary trip
    reports. Doing this will help you more deeply understand the
    trip, what is happening around you, and how to interpret it. The
    psycadelic experience is a short book so dont worry. And if this
    doesnt work 5 or 10mg of valium really calms you down. Hope this
    helps, check out amazon.com for the books. If you go through with
    reading and actually comprehending and thinking about what you are
    reading, i guarentee you will have better, more spiritual trips.

Edit: And as for others judging and laughing at you and how to
    shake it off, its all about learning to deal with it, i dont have a
    real good answer for you on this one, sorry. My above post was
    more for bad trips caused by bad hallucinations.

Edited by: korky8097

12. Mish

Mish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but there is no point in making another for such a minor issue.

I find that to avoid any negativity during a trip (that could be introspectively based or brought about by external factors, i.e. the people you're with) You can "center oneself". This is not as spiritual as one might think. It is hard to get at first, especially when there is so much activity going on in the mind, but it really does help. Practice sober if you're worried about it beforehand and it'll become habitual.

It's basically just a psychosomatic way or calming your nervous system and directing attention away from anything that might 'cause anxiety:

Stand upright in a relaxed position with both feet about a foot apart. Don't jaunt back onto one leg because this shifts your center of gravity and instantly (although unconsciously) stimulates a fear that all children are born with - the fear of falling. By consciously altering your physiology you unconsciously alter instinctual anxiety issues.

Standing in this manner, put your index finger of your left hand into your bellybutton (sounds odd but bear with it...) Take the first three fingers of your right hand and place them directly flat underneath the finger poking your bellybutton. Now take your left finger away and place that - touching - underneath the fingers of your right hand. This, technically, is your "center". Keeping you left finger pressing gently but firmly at your center, close your eyes and take 3 deeps breaths. Make sure you breathe out fully on the first two breaths, so that you literally expel ALL the air from your lungs. This is meant to produce tension, meaning that the last breath produces extra-relaxation. On the final breath, make it much more relaxed, and as you exhale (gently this time), you will feel/visualize a weight dropping from your mind to your center. You will feel this happen and for that brief moment you will have consciously grounded yourself; unconsciously removing mental states of anxiety. As you let your let finger release from your "center", keep visualizing that sphere of distraction in a color of your choosing, and say to yourself - either outloud in in your head - something along the lines of "I'm having a great time", or "This is me relaxing and accepting". Never let the suggestion be a negative one such as, "I'm not feeling nervous", as your left hemisphere will not engage with how your not feeling, but merely just the key words of the suggestion, which is the ego and the state (of nervousness).

This is how you center yourself and it's a technique used by hypnotherapists and it really works.

You may find that almost instantly your attention is drawn back towards your mind and some potentially unpleasant thoughts, but that is the technique and - as we all know - practice makes perfect; hence why it should be tried sober beforehand until you can do it comfortably. It's also a great way to calm yourself before any stressful situation. It takes that typical "take deep breathes" concept that stage further and strengthens it because it engages on all sensual and neurological levels (kinesthetic, aural, conceptualizing, physical etc...).

Hope this helps :)

13. Jozef

Jozef Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Smile!

14. humdroid

humdroid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Trip in the company of only those who you like yourself, when around.
    Be receptive to whatever feelings and thoughts come up, no matter if negatve or postive. Negativity from inside is often healed or resolved as the mind evnironemtnt is more a pleasant place.
    Fighting against it creates tension which worsens it.
    Vitamin C is suppoosed to help take the edge of paranoid leaning thoughts.

15. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I get too much into himself and all kinds of complex fucked up thoughts about existence when he trips, which don't go well in social situations. As such, he has recently been taking cocaine with every trip, which makes him have fun, enjoy the visuals, and be able to and want to talk to people.

Not sure if this works for everyone, but it does for SWIM.

16. humdroid

humdroid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah, psychedelics are not party drugs by any means.
    They are best when used for philopsophical or introspective, or artistic reasons.
    Cokes more a party drug, but with psychedelics?
    Benevolent bundy isn't judging you, it's just that this combo has been known to be a bit blistery. (hairy)