1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Stenocereus Hystrix

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Eirias, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Eirias

Eirias Newbie

Reputation Points:

Edited by: Eirias

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It seems that one of the biggest nurseries puts out a few really great Trich.
    cacti that are unamed. If you can i.d. it, buy it! The new San Pedro book is
    excellent in Trich. i.d. The spines and even more the flowers are helpful in
    the i.d. of this very confusing genus.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    Stenocereus Hystrix is for sale at several ethnobotanical stores. Here is some info on it:

This is a truly unique cactus as it is the only species that is known from outside Southern America and Mexico to contain similar alkaloids to Lophophora williamsii and Trichocereus Peruvianus! Actually chemically it is extremely similar to Lophophora williamsii. This species is found in the West Indies and could be used in places where Peyote ceremonies can be legally conduced if Peyote was not available or as alternative more economical entheogen. It has indeed been analyzed via HPLC, GC/MS and TLC. All reports are conclusive and active in the desired alkaloids. Truly, a very special cactus.

[​IMG]

Does anyone have experience with it yet?