Sticky situation, could Hash Oil be the answer?

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by Akewstick, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Using TFSE produced nothing for me, so apologies if this has been adressed.

I am in a situation where he lives that if drugs were discovered on his person or in his flat, he would be evicted, without the right to appeal. This would (needless to say) completely fuck with SWIM. I do not risk this by smoking pot in his room.

I am a regular smoker and since he moved into his current residence has been taking a five minute round trip to smoke a bowl, and returning to his flat, hoping he dosen't stink of skunk, and that his eyelids are as far apart as he thinks they are.

This isn't a worry to SWIM, the people he shares his building with aren't gonna do anything, but he feels that smoking inside with a window open is asking for trouble.

SWIM can't get hash all-too-readily, and when he does, it's not exceptionally good, whereas he can usually find pretty high-grade skunk whenever he wants it. Hash would be perfect for SWIM as he could pack a bowl and light it up and the smell wouldn't be too strong or obvious. But when his options are: Smoke shitty hash in your room, or smoke good skunk but have to take a walk to do it, he'd rather go for regular walks and get the better stuff.

I have a friend who makes Hash Oil pretty regularly, and he and SWIM vapourise it in something much like a meth pipe. I know from this that the smell is very little at all, and the smell that it does give off isn't easily recognisable, with a combination of open windows and air freshener, I am certain he could safely vapourise all the hash oil he wanted without it being discovered.

SWIM's short on cash, and understands that butane dosen't come for free.

I understand that if he bought an 8th and put one can of butane through it, there'd be lots of THC left in the bud, and not a lot of Hash Oil produced.

The point of SWIM's endeavour into Hash Oil production would be that he didn't need to smoke bud anymore, and only Hash Oil. Because of this, I want to get all the Oil he can get out of his bud and throw the bud away afterwards.

I know little to nothing about Hash Oil production, but if this goes ahead he plans to buy a butane extractor, and use his friends knowledge of their use to start making Oil.

SWIM's question to me, which I am now relaying to you is this:

How much butane would SWIM need to use to get ALL of the THC out of his weed?

Is it even possible to extract all of the THC from his weed?

I am looking for a figure like "5 cans of butane for every gram of weed", or something like that.

It might be impossible to give out such a figure, SWIM simply dosen't know.

What he wants is a ratio of butane/weed to make it worthwhile to make Hash Oil.

If it's only possible to get half the THC out of his bud, then SWIM dosen't want to be throwing away the weed after he's made Hash Oil, so he'd still need to leave the building while he smoked half the time, in which case: fuckit, he'll just carry on the way he is.

I don't do drugs or anything like that, I'm just asking for SWIM.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Butane Extraction gets out nearly all of the THC from Pot.

But, if you are REALLY worried about it, take all of your Butane-remains, and soak them in Alcohol (and then evaporate the Alcohol). Then you will see for yourself exactly how much (if any) THC is left in the "remains."

And, it doesn't take 5 cans to extract a Gram. You can (and should) extract a LARGER amount of Pot each time (if you want to save $$).

3. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    my extractor is 6"long and about as fat as a toilet roll center. SWIM guesses he could fit a ground up 1/2 into this. I would suggest that 5 300ml (some are 250ml both are common in the UK) butane cans would efficiently extract the THC, But if doing thin in You room make sure You gets lighter fluid butane rather than camping gaz butane. why?,
    because camping gaz stinks like (guess?) gas. where as lighter butane has no smell added. If You is worried about people smelling his skunk , then filling his neighbors flat with a gas smell might also get You into trouble

2 other tips would be always gring the bud up, and dont pack it down in the extractor.

I have also found it best to extract into a pyrex dish and not to push all the gas in as fast as poss, once liquid starts to come from the bottom of the extractor, slow down the input gas.
    be safe dude

4. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks geezaman, i'd heard something like this from the friend I mentioned earlier, but wasn't sure to believe it as he's a bit of a stupid cunt.

Tags: