Still no enjoyment from Cannabis

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Fantasian, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIFantasian is a user of multiple drugs and has tried cannabis on numerous occasions and cannot get a feeling that is pleasurable from it.

The common effects he feels are:
    Heavy thumping heart,
    Slight Nausea
    Tired feeling
    Spinning head on a horizontal axis
    a buzzing feeling inside his brain

Is this really what weed is all about, He still totally misunderstands the pleasure gained from this?

Is this primarily because SWIF's tolerance is so low or is it just that the effects to him are not pleasurable...

Any light on the topic would be appriciated.

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIF is not alone. Many people have the same reaction, my wife included. For instance, Shulgin can't stand the stuff.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF is down, He watches other people have such fun and when he mentions using a differant substance like MDMA or shrooms they look down upon him :(

Any advice in making the experience more posative in the effects, SWIF usual smokes using a joint.

4. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    That's really silly! Not everyone likes cannabis. Some people react worse to it than SWIF does. Whilst SWIM loves it (at the right time), his sister gets nauseous and ill when she smokes, as does his 'better half.' Both of them wanted to enjoy it, as well.

As you are in the UK, you must be smoking hash mixed with tobacco. It could be the tobacco which is causing most of the negative symptoms you are mentioning. You could try a pipe or a bong with no tobacco, although the effects of the cannabis wil be stronger.

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks SWIF might try that, is eating it a wise idea or will the effects be similar to smoking only stronger...

Although it's silly it's what happens, everyone over here in the uk sees weed as acceptable and anything else as a dangerous bad drug. (shrooms is kinda on the border between the two.)

6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIJ doesn't really like cannabis (when smoked) much either. The only time she really smokes is at the end of a night on MDMA or towards the end of an LSD trip (when it really resparks the hallucinations). In these situations she never gets the thick-headedness that she would get if she had only smoked and gets all the floaty/relaxed feelings she would want.

As for eating: She enjoys that MUCH more, mainly because she gets straight to hallucinating (which is her preferred state). She finds eaten provides a very different high, albeit one which some find more difficult to deal with.

7. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia can see where your coming from on eating it J.

You could always try hash oil if you ever came across it, or make it. Im pretty sure you would get something of that and thats more trippy then smoking bud or hash, However its not for everyone swia always like the way it makes her feel, the life on it. Swia enjoys the coach-lock of indica strains the mind-bending craziness of heavy head-fucking sativas strains.
    Cannabis is Swia tobacco :)

As for eating, swia likes to play chef.

Also soap hash in the uk is an insult to real hash. and to herbal cannabis. Do not smoke it as it has loads of impurities.Ranging from but not limited to animal shit,henna,plastic,carrier bags bits, oh and a tiny amount of pollen.

8. Anabolic Monkey

Anabolic Monkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The nausia and head spinning might be from smoking too much at one time or from not getting enough oxygen while you are smoking. I know that I am very much a lightweight when it comes to cannabis and if too much is smoked, SWIM just gets sick and gets the whole room spinning thing, it sucks. Try spacing more time between hits and getting in more oxygen between and not smoking as much as usual. Cannabis can be very enjoyable if smoked correctly for SWIM.

9. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nausea certainly isn't a typical reaction to cannabis (although I've heard a couple of people complain of this but it seems rare it makes the user nauseous every time) though it could be that cannabis just doesn't suit swiy's biochemistry. That being said, during swim's early smoking days she usually had somewhat psychotic reactions and would sometimes lose touch with reality completely. These reactions were usually confusing and frightening and most likely would've made any normal person give up on the drug. And, if I was to come across cannabis now as some newly discovered drug and she had the same reaction then she would just throw the drug out and forget about it. But I have been extremely interested in drugs and their effects for as long as she can remember and at the time when swim first smoked, that was the main drug she had access to (she hadn't yet begun researching legal things all that much and the only other drugs she had access to was just a pill here and there). That and after she relaxed a little and just listened to music or something then she would begin to have an enjoyable experience. These experiences were much more intense than any kind of marijuana experience swim's had in say, the past year or so. This meant that the negative effects were amplified, but so were the positive effects (well, the mind-fuck aspect and amplification of senses anyway...euphoria, mood-lift was absent) it seemed so long as she could calm down and be left alone to find a way to enjoy herself.

However, over time, swim's response to marijuana changed and she quit getting those psychotic reactions. She smokes more pot than most that she hangs out with who also smoke and all it does is give her the typical positive reactions. Sometimes, however, if I hasn't smoked in a very long time and then starts smoking again then the first few times will feel a little weird...a bit dissociated and stupified...but after that everything is all good.

I realize this is much different from what You is experiencing. I just thought I would provide an illustration of how a person's reaction to different substances changes over time. There's no need to pressure oneself to like weed just because most drug users seem to, if it's not swiy's thing then it's just not. But, if it were swim, then she'd probably still take a friend up on a free toke a couple times a year or something just to see what the effects were. Also, it could possibly be that the weed that You has sampled just isn't that good. Different strains can produce very different effects. Even though swim loves pot, she still comes across a bag every so often that she doesn't enjoy so much perhaps because it's too much on the indica side (makes her sleepy) or too much on the sativa (may make her a bit paranoid) It also may matter what quality of weed You has sampled. If You has been smoking schwag then maybe You would react better to some high-grade bud with just a couple of hits or if You has been smoking high-grade then it may be too strong and maybe I should try some mids.

10. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    2 points of advice for SWIFantasian:
    firstly i've heard people say they dont like weed and on further inspection found they have only tried it in combination with alcohol. i don't know if this is you or not but if it is, then try weed on its own and you will feel the more euphoric effect and less of the nausea and spinning head.

secondly, listen to music, watch tv or read poetry, or observe any form of art, for SWIM the incredible appreciation of art and music is possibly the best effect of weed.

11. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think this is a really interesting thread. My friend I have only recently become enlightened enough to try drugs. One drug he was keen to try was, of course, weed as he knows plenty of people who recommend it highly (no pun intended!)

He bought some (bags of dried bud type things) and has determindly tried smoking them a few times. But he really does not like the experience at all. Apart from the terrible taste of the smoke (he doesnt smoke cigarettes) he says it mostly it makes him feel nauseous.

He is really, really jealous of the 99% of the rest of the world who smokes it and who has a Great Time. But he thinks that maybe it just does not agree with him and, like Frankfurters, will forever by one of those things he hates.

Reading this thread means I might be able to tell him that perhaps he is not the only person in the world for whom weed Doesn't Fit.

Klaatu

12. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Maybe your friend SWIM can try cannabis by eating it. I know a bit about large quantities eaten but not in short doses. Maybe the other My around could help inform on the subject or maybe try using the search engine in case it's already been talked about.

13. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    meh weed isnt for everybody, id say if none of the above suggestions work for you just avoid it. Although SWIM loves it on a daily basis, since it can make anything interesting to him, He'd say if you have a more preffered subtance the njust use that and chill with the friends that are smoking weed. I know that even while rolling or on a number of other substances it is still great fun to be around stoned people. Everyone has their own substance of choice, just get high on w/e yours is and let the others get high on theirs.

14. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    The only problem with that might be that, eaten it is a lot stronger and longer lived.

15. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    heheh, take your list, and add the feeling of been ripped off many $$$, and then, you just desribed the hash they they sell in Norway..

try a different strain, and smoke it in a varorizer/good water pipe. people describe it as a much "cleaner" high. I suppose it's less of the side effetcs they meen by that. (fill the pipe with ice, and you'll get a even cleaner high)

Personally, I don't like indica's/downers at all. Look's like You smoked a indica "Tired feeling". Try a sativa. Look at the results from the cannabis cup. And you'll find some of the best weed there is :)

I have smoked three strain's before. Two he didn't like. One he liked.

16. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have been alot in norway and found the oposite to be true, the marocans sell damn good hash, weed quality wasn't that low aswell.

17. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    fresh or old, the best or worst of the crop, a lot of things come into play

18. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIF is definitely not alone in his feelings on cannabis. SWIM can't smoke for the exact same reasons that SWIF listed. for a while he also would get extreme paranoia, and it was suggested by several people who somked that I was actually allergic to cannabis. maybe swif has a similar allergy or some sort of different wiring than people who enjoy smoking...but definitely try it on its own, without tobacco and through a bong. tobacco can be a pretty harsh and nasty buzz if swif isnt used to it.

19. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Like everyone else has said, you're not weird or anything there's many people that hate it and many people that love it. If you don't like it, don't let other people make you smoke it!

20. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks for all the advice ill update you as i try it.