Side effects - Stimulating Effects of DXM - Is it Okay to Take a Sleep Aid?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by thewill, May 9, 2006.

1. thewill

thewill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i have taken on many occasions and because of work i take it later on in the evening mostly around 10 pm and ill be up till 5 or 6 becuase i cant sleep on it. although i love the trip sometimes i cant afford to be awake that long for work the next day so my questions is has anyone ever taken any sleeping pills with dxm to fall asleep sooner and is it safe

1. 3/5,
      Learn to use proper capitalization and punctualization, kid.
      May 10, 2006
  2. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Insomnia is part of the ride. A little red light goes off in my brain when I think of mixing DXM with sleeping pills.. depressants and DXM. Not good.

My advice is to take it when you don't have school or work the next day. Even if there's only one such a day a week, that'd be the way to go IMO, especially considering the "Dangers" of dxm.

3. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim's never had a problem with taking a benzodiazapine for coming down from dxm, just don't take a massive dose. I don't know if you have access to those or not, but if so then they are great. I don't know how OTC medications would interact, but I'd be wary. I'd do some research into how the medications work and interact. Maybe someone who has actually tried this could give some advice. Just be careful.

4. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Combining sleeping pills and DXM does sound like a bad idea. Why dont you try some homeopathic sleep aids, I've found Valerian root to be reasonably effective.

5. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Strange, everytime I have taken DXM he has been unable to stay awake. The only time I have ever been awake for the whole DXM comedown was because he took some adderall earlier that day.

-RGM

6. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Melatonin may also be effective if you're looking into more natural sleep aids.

7. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I use melatonin. It works wonders.

Also very good with lucid dreaming.